single svs pb2000 or dual svs pb1000's?

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Most of the Reviews I've seen are words coming from GoldenEar's own Review about their Product. Yes It seems to be a good performing Sub for its Small Size.
But I'm hanging my Hat on SVS's Customer Service and Support, which is Outstanding.
I read a pretty impressive review from that OTHER forum site with one of their reviewers...I don't want to link it in here as it probably is against the rules to link to another forum...and I don't generally like them anyway...lol.

Probably for naught as I inquired about it and it turns out the FF5 is discontinued. They did recommend the Supersub X which is a bit pricier but even beefier and a step up.

I dunno, I'm probably leaning towards SVS PB2000 at this rate, and see if I can go up to the 3000 possibly. I don't see anything else out there that looks like it will work, unless someone comes in and says the GE Super Sub X is awesome.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Your listening room is quite large. What I would suggest is that you get al least one SVS PB 2000 for starters, and later add a second one. It's easier to EQ the bass response with at least two subs.
Later on, you could complement with a third and even a fourth one for an outstanding musical low frequency and infrasonic experience. Of course, it all depends on your listening needs.

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
I hear you all, however I'm already spending $3250 on the front and center speakers..I just cant see myself spending that much on just subs too. I'll start with the PB2000 pro as most reviewers say it's plenty good enough for large rooms...and mines not even THAT large...it's just above Medium I'd say. Then, if it's not enough, I'll say "hmm...not enough" and probably get a 2nd.

Thanks for the input though, you changed my mind from going with dual 1000's.

B

Border411

Audioholic Intern
No to hijack this thread, but I am in the same boat. Basement is about 4000 cu ft, and I dont play movies at anywhere near reference levels. I am still trying to make up my mind as to what sub(s) to get, and my wife has a size requirement (essentially under 20" in each dimension. Was starting to think of maybe dual Speedwoofer 10S?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
No to hijack this thread, but I am in the same boat. Basement is about 4000 cu ft, and I dont play movies at anywhere near reference levels. I am still trying to make up my mind as to what sub(s) to get, and my wife has a size requirement (essentially under 20" in each dimension. Was starting to think of maybe dual Speedwoofer 10S?
Good Job!!! you've personally got your Wife to liking Smaller Sizes. :rolleyes:
0ed979fa79684a30a663f182b7142480.jpg

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That's are large space to fill for 10"subs. It wouldn't be horrible or anything, just not gonna pressurize the room and hit the stuff below 25hz hard.

With your size restrictions, sealed is probably what you will find except subs with a slot port like the RSL. Start a thread and list a budget...

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
4000 Cubic Feet is like 250 Square Ft. Not that big

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Hey, if you're in the same boat, hijack away! No worries from me!

If you've already read every post, you'll see that I'm going to settle on the SVS PB2000 pro, 1 to start, and reviewers I've seen say it does a good job with large rooms. It's 20" x 17" x 24...so CLOSE...but the SB2000 is 15" x 15" x 15"

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I dunno, I'm probably leaning towards SVS PB2000 at this rate, and see if I can go up to the 3000 possibly. I don't see anything else out there that looks like it will work, unless someone comes in and says the GE Super Sub X is awesome.
I really like the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub. It offers more value at $799 than any other sub I have found. You can pay more for a sub with a remote but frankly I don't need it. Once you set it up with Audyssey you can easily change the sub volume on the iPad using the Denon app. Put two HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Subs in the room together and you'll experience how they dynamically reinforce each other while taking bass response to a new level. Once you try the VTF-3 MK5 and compare it's features/power it's hard to go back.
V3MK5HPSB-250.jpg
V3MK5HPSB-250.jpg

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Actually, if you're in the States, yes, give the HSU's a good look. I forgot about them since they don't apply to me in Canada...no decent dealer for them up here.

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Hey, on THAT note...I just found out I CAN order the HSU's to Canada. I'd just have to pay the exchange and duty...but would a VTF-3 MK5 be a better fit than an SVS PB2000 pro? I THINK they'd end up being pretty close in overall price

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Hey, on THAT note...I just found out I CAN order the HSU's to Canada. I'd just have to pay the exchange and duty...but would a VTF-3 MK5 be a better fit than an SVS PB2000 pro? I THINK they'd end up being pretty close in overall price
Personally, I would much rather have the 15" HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP rather than a 12" sub. The internet has links comparing the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP vs SVS PB2000. The VTF-3 Mk5 HP pulls ahead of the PB2000 in all categories. Here's what others say:

"I had a PB-2000 for over a month and sent it back and got a VTF-3 MK5. It sounds so much better than the PB-2000 especially musically! Now I have two of them!!!"

"Don't get me wrong, the PB-2000 is a pretty good sub but to me, not for the same price as the VTF3.5. The Hsu sub is definitely better and is explosive for movies and definitely better for music."

"I went from a PB-2000 to dual PB-1000's to now dual VTF-3 MK5's! These are so much smoother and have more punch and mid bass! Trust me on that!"

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis