single svs pb2000 or dual svs pb1000's?

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
I really like this forum software. If someone gets aggressive with their post you can click on their icon select "ignore" and the problem is gone. How do I get that button for my workplace? lol
THANK you for sharing that. Done.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
With the exception of some Flac files from HD tracks.com or a few MP3s, it strictly WAV files for me, lossless and uncompressed! :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With the exception of some Flac files from HD tracks.com or a few MP3s, it strictly WAV files for me, lossless and uncompressed! :D
But what was the provenance of the flac files? WAV files can easily be done via FLAC to save file space losslessly.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
But what was the provenance of the flac files? WAV files can easily be done via FLAC to save file space losslessly.
[/QUOTE

Yes true. I guess it's just my OCD for wanting totally uncompressed. I know they probably don't sound any better than flac... My PC has a 1TB hard drive and my relatively small collection of ripped CDs takes up less than 100GBs so space isn't that important right now.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
back to the OP original question though. You came to right place for help on subs. Folks who offered advice are experts in the bass department. The knowledge you will get here is first rate. Whatever you do though, do it right the first time, because once the sub/subs are in place you, if your like me you want to be screwing around with sending it back or selling it. I have a small sub, and the SOB is still 75 lbs...

C

Conor Knoxx

Enthusiast
*... hmmm.... start a new thread, or continue this one? .... It really is, mostly, pretty relevant - lets continue here then*....
I have exactly the same question as the original one (2 x SVS 1000's vs 1x SVS 2000 PRO (one that has the 2 ports..) - and oddly enough, also coming at ya from Canada AND am pretty set on the Paradigm Premier 700's for the fronts... the big difference though, is I'm in a pretty small room - 12 x 13 x 8h feet. Just 2 seats, in the middle of the room (approx).
I've read some things that suggest for a small room like this, with the wall reflections, and not trying to cover a wide range of seating area, that 1 sub will do just fine (or little benefit from 2x anyway..)
And like the OP - consider the cost of either setup to be max budget.
Its also probably worth noting that I'm not looking for "extreme/reference level" volume, nor even a huge fan of high of bass levels in general - though I've got nothing against some big rumbles in the action movies...
(and I did read the entire thread first ;) )

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
*... hmmm.... start a new thread, or continue this one? .... It really is, mostly, pretty relevant - lets continue here then*....
I have exactly the same question as the original one (2 x SVS 1000's vs 1x SVS 2000 PRO (one that has the 2 ports..) - and oddly enough, also coming at ya from Canada AND am pretty set on the Paradigm Premier 700's for the fronts... the big difference though, is I'm in a pretty small room - 12 x 13 x 8h feet. Just 2 seats, in the middle of the room (approx).
I've read some things that suggest for a small room like this, with the wall reflections, and not trying to cover a wide range of seating area, that 1 sub will do just fine (or little benefit from 2x anyway..)
Its also probably worth noting that I'm not looking for "extreme/reference level" volume, nor even a huge fan of high of bass levels in general - though I've got nothing against some big rumbles in the action movies...
Yes. If you’re only concerned with one seat, in a small room, have placement flexibility and not looking for reference level stuff. One sub can be integrated just fine. So for ME I’d buy the single best sub I could and save for a second one. Just because!

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Also, I DID settle on the SVS PB2000 pro, and am QUITE happy with it. I wanted to try the HSU VTF15-MK2, as that actually looks even BETTER, but only marginally...however the price would have ended up the same, and if there was anything wrong with it, you're looking at $200 US shipping back n forth...wasn't worth the risk.

The PB2000 pro is a beast, and it seems good enough for me in my 3300 cubic foot large room. With your small room it would REALLY shine.

C

Conor Knoxx

Enthusiast
at risk of getting off-topic, LtDanNewLegs - I noticed that you opted for the 600C center instead of the 500C (which has the same size drivers as your front 700F's). Wondered why that was, and if you're happy with it?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I noticed that you opted for the 600C center instead of the 500C (which has the same size drivers as your front 700F's). Wondered why that was, and if you're happy with it?
Well for one the 600C has a better Frequency Response then the 500C. It's Sensitivity is better. But for me, if its dimensions aren't a problem. For $200 more why not get the 600C over the 500C.

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
at risk of getting off-topic, LtDanNewLegs - I noticed that you opted for the 600C center instead of the 500C (which has the same size drivers as your front 700F's). Wondered why that was, and if you're happy with it?
Actually I don't have it yet, but ditto for the reasons Mazer stated above. I'm just mostly decided that the 700f's and 600c are the way I'm going. I have a weak CC in my system now, and because of that I'm probably OVERcompensating on the CC for the next one, but I just want to make damned sure. Actually that's probably not the right word. Just want to make sure I get the BEST one. The guy at my local store first suggested I go with the 500c and said it was very good. The biggest barrier to buying the 600c is the WAF (wife/girlfriend acceptance factor) as it is literally HUGE. I said I have complete control over my home theatre space and don't care about the size of it...he then looked me dead in the eye and said "the 600 IS fanTAStic".

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
One factor favoring the bigger 600C as a center speaker is that, in a HT system, ideally the center speaker should be identical to the front left and right speakers. The center channel source content most often demands as much and even more amplifier power than for the other front channels.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis