Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I am afraid to say that I think we are headed for a major catastrophe in the US right now.
I’m sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I hope she recovers fully.

And I’m also sorry that this state of affairs has come about through willful negligence from our national government.

Trump & his band of power hungry yes men will pay in November. Right now, this looks like it could include a lot the GOP.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Trump & his band of power hungry yes men will pay in November. Right now, this looks like it could include a lot the GOP.
While I won't be sad to see him go I am somewhat nervous as to what follows .........

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
While I won't be sad to see him go I am somewhat nervous as to what follows .........
While I can understand your nervousness – you are after all a Republican – I hope you understand the fear & loathing that other of your fellow citizens have about the present administration. It goes far beyond nervousness. What good is a temporarily thriving economy if the we also have to sacrifice basic constitutional rights and freedoms? Last March, it only took the threat of economic collapse due to the pandemic to realize that Trump's efforts at tweaking the economy were only short-term.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
While I can understand your nervousness – you are after all a Republican – I hope you understand the fear & loathing that other of your fellow citizens have about the present administration. It goes far beyond nervousness. What good is a temporarily thriving economy if the we also have to sacrifice basic constitutional rights and freedoms? Last March, it only took the threat of economic collapse due to the pandemic to realize that Trump's efforts at tweaking the economy were only short-term.
Yup, worry about the leftist kitten with filed-down teeths while ignoring the ravenous wolf pack on the right already in power.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If he does lose, then I hope Biden is smart enough to talk about togetherness and bringing the country back together. That should be his main talking point.

We need the divide fixed and someone that can lead us there. Can Biden? No idea. I personally think he's too old, but that's just me. Trump is in the same boat age wise.

Once the government stops the party bickering we can start to try to rebuild from this. Won't happen until this bipartisan BS stops.

The fact that people are turning a virus and the measures to stop it from spreading into a political issue is beyond me. Never thought I'd wish Bush jr. back in the white house, but he was damn good at bringing people together. This is obviously different, but we need a president that can actually feign the ability to be presidential and lead.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If he does lose, then I hope Biden is smart enough to talk about togetherness and bringing the country back together. That should be his main talking point.

We need the divide fixed and someone that can lead us there. Can Biden? No idea. I personally think he's too old, but that's just me. Trump is in the same boat age wise.

Once the government stops the party bickering we can start to try to rebuild from this. Won't happen until this bipartisan BS stops.

The fact that people are turning a virus and the measures to stop it from spreading into a political issue is beyond me. Never thought I'd wish Bush jr. back in the white house, but he was damn good at bringing people together. This is obviously different, but we need a president that can actually feign the ability to be presidential and lead.
I marked your post with a "disagree" as I think that your "bipartisan BS" is mostly Republican, and a short-term solution is for you to vote them out of power until they reform themselves.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I marked your post with a "disagree" as I think that your "bipartisan BS" is mostly Republican, and a short-term solution is for you to vote them out of power until they reform themselves.
Maybe, but there are too many on either side that push back against anything the "opposing" side suggests simply because they suggested it. That's what I'm referring to.

Anyone that looks at another party as the opposition has it wrong. They're supposed to work together.

I do agree, we need to vote out the ones that are "towing the party line" with Trump and a lot of them are very nervous about that very thing happening. They wouldn't have that fear if they didn't just blindly follow him.

I don't want sheep for elected officials. If they see something wrong, no matter who does the wrong, they should speak up. Never thought I'd see someone like Romney do that, but he did it. Is it him being smart enough to distance himself so he can keep his position? No idea.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Let's all make an effort to keep this thread on the topic of corona virus. I started it in my post #2921 above. So I'll make the call to end it.

It's all too easy to start with SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, and vaccines, – to transition to who should be blamed for the negligent inaction as the epidemic broke out – to outright partisan bickering.

How about that Tony Fauci? When he threw the honorary opening pitch to the shortened baseball season, he wore a Washington Nationals jersey with his name and number 19 on the back :). I hope no one needs to have that number explained.
Never thought I'd wish Bush jr. back in the white house, but he was damn good at bringing people together.
You'd be surprised by the responses of people who disagree with this. Remember that Bush & D!ck were also responsible for the Dept. of Homeland Security and it's poorly defined powers and responsibilities that Trump & his minions have so misused. But, there I go again…

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Maybe, but there are too many on either side that push back against anything the "opposing" side suggests simply because they suggested it. That's what I'm referring to.

Anyone that looks at another party as the opposition has it wrong. They're supposed to work together.

I do agree, we need to vote out the ones that are "towing the party line" with Trump and a lot of them are very nervous about that very thing happening. They wouldn't have that fear if they didn't just blindly follow him.

I don't want sheep for elected officials. If they see something wrong, no matter who does the wrong, they should speak up. Never thought I'd see someone like Romney do that, but he did it. Is it him being smart enough to distance himself so he can keep his position? No idea.
I agree with you completely. This is not such an American problem. We are witnessing a collapse of the political center world wide, especially in many of the western democracies. This is a very dangerous phenomenon. I share your concern about Biden's age, but a do believe his is a centerist. BOJO in the UK is definitely governing as a centerist.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You'd be surprised by the responses of people who disagree with this. Remember that Bush & D!ck were also responsible for the Dept. of Homeland Security and it's poorly defined powers and responsibilities that Trump & his minions have so misused. But, there I go again…
Didn't mean to add to the derail, but I do understand all the not so good things the Bush admin did. I tried to keep his ability to lead separate from the other things.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I’m sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I hope she recovers fully.

And I’m also sorry that this state of affairs has come about through willful negligence from our national government.

This was trump's first true national emergency and it could not have conceivably been handled worse.

I cannot imagine what his response to 9/11 would have been. We probably would have invaded Antarctica.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This was trump's first true national emergency and it could not have conceivably been handled worse.

I cannot imagine what his response to 9/11 would have been. We probably would have invaded Antarctica.
Invade Antarctica :D? He'd have purchased Antarctica!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What other reason would you have for hoping his base wouldn't wear masks, if not that something bad should happen to them because of it?

It's not only Trump supporters who don't want to wear masks-I know quite a few Democrats who don't like wearing masks and think this is less serious than it is, including one who had it and said he doesn't want to be tested again unless he's on a ventilator because he said the medical staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. Another doesn't think it's as much of a risk to people with Asthma since she hasn't had symptoms, even though she's an Asthma sufferer. Many of the protesters in MKE didn't wear masks, either. Hard to believe many Conservatives were in those crowds.

I don't think #4 makes sense- care to elaborate?
Let me make up some numbers to demonstrate my intent.

Roughly 30% of the population in my area wear masks when going into a store (unless the store requires them).
Now consider the composition of the 70% that do not.
If they are all Democrats, we might expect 20% to be influenced by the president declaring wearing masks is the patriotic thing to do. So we end up with 44% of the population wearing masks, which is better, but not great.
If they are all republicans, we might presume 70% conversion to masks which results in 79% of the population wearing masks.
If they are Trump's base, we might expect 96% to convert which results in 98% of the population wearing masks!

So, thus, I hope it is Trump's base that has not been wearing masks, because I believe that results in the safest outcome in response to Trump's endorsement of wearing masks.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Invade Antarctica :D? He'd have purchased Antarctica!
As you said we need to stay on point. But I'll say this to what you guys have added

My biggest fear if Trump remained in power on top of everything already mentioned. Is well end up in a war with China. And that is something due to the intertwining of both countries economies that we can not afford to have right now. Not only would it be devastating. But it would be a winner take all kind of conflict due to the issues of each countries economic dependencies.

As bad as Trump has been at pitting both parties against each other

As bad as hes been at managing this pandemic

His complete alienation and just division or rift he has created with us and the rest of the world worries me the most. This is a time when not just as a nation but as a world we need to work together

And his toxic personality and style of leadership clearly makes that impossible

As you said @Swerd payback is in November

highfigh

highfigh

Let me make up some numbers to demonstrate my intent.

Roughly 30% of the population in my area wear masks when going into a store (unless the store requires them).
Now consider the composition of the 70% that do not.
If they are all Democrats, we might expect 20% to be influenced by the president declaring wearing masks is the patriotic thing to do. So we end up with 44% of the population wearing masks, which is better, but not great.
If they are all republicans, we might presume 70% conversion to masks which results in 79% of the population wearing masks.
If they are Trump's base, we might expect 96% to convert which results in 98% of the population wearing masks!

So, thus, I hope it is Trump's base that has not been wearing masks, because I believe that results in the safest outcome in response to Trump's endorsement of wearing masks.
70% DON'T wear masks? Yikes! Does your city mandate wearing them, or is it like where I live, where they passed a recommendation, without being an actual order?

More businesses are requiring masks and more people are complaining- I went to WalMart last week and it seemed that half of the people who were there had their masks below their noses.

highfigh

highfigh

I am afraid to say that I think we are headed for a major catastrophe in the US right now. If we do not lock the country down hard now, I hate to think of the millions of citizens we stand to loose in the next few months.

We have done well in Minnesota, but now cases that we know about are on the rise.

This is an incident involving my granddaughter today.

Yesterday, my 17 year old granddaughter came down with symptoms highly suggestive of Covid 19, she is worse today with fever. We could not get her tested yesterday. Today CVS could not test her. He physician at Allina could not get her tested. Her father who is in charge of all Target buildings nation wide, was told that Target employee testing had no tests. I am a retired ICU physician and my wife is a retired cardiology/transplantation NP from Allina. Due to connections we were able to pull strings and get her tested. Allina initially told her to go to Wisconsin to get tested!
The delay for results is now 3 to 5 days were are told this could be longer.
A close contact in her apartment building recently flew to Philadelphia, and is due to fly back shortly.
I have told my daughter to tell all contacts to quarantine for 14 days. I have told the contact due to fly back shortly to on no account go to an airport and get on a plane.
If this situation can not be corrected promptly, then this state needs to lock down again hard now, or we will have a major disaster. We can NOT fly blind with cases on the rise.
I have notified the Minnesota State Health department and was appalled to find out they they did not know the situation on the ground.

Obviously the country is being lied to and we are all lambs to the slaughter now.

This country needs to lock down hard now, in all states. Planes need to be grounded ASAP.
This is terrible! What, if anything, has the Gov of MN said and done about testing? WI, or at least the Milwaukee area, finally has test sites with National Guard helping- this whole thing is ridiculous- the ability to test should have been at the top of the list when COVID-19 was found in the US. I mentioned someone who had symptoms and doesn't want to be tested again- told them he had symptoms and both tests came back 'inconclusive'. One test was deep penetration, the other barely entered his nostril.

I hope car rental places are doing their part.

Hoping your granddaughter recovers quickly.

highfigh

highfigh

I agree with you completely. This is not such an American problem. We are witnessing a collapse of the political center world wide, especially in many of the western democracies. This is a very dangerous phenomenon. I share your concern about Biden's age, but a do believe his is a centerist. BOJO in the UK is definitely governing as a centerist.
One issue that must be considered is "Who will Biden/the DNC pick for his running mate?". I watched people being polled about whether they were in favor of Trump being impeached (the fact that they didn't know the actual meaning, aside) and they were all for it until they learned that we would be saying "President Pence".

Maybe the process for higher office candidates could be changed to require psychological and mental fitness testing BEFORE they're allowed to enter the race.

Would you ever have considered the possibility that so many countries would fail in their basic duties at the same time? The events surrounding this are alarming, at best.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I went to WalMart last week and it seemed that half of the people who were there had their masks below their noses.
you do realize that's in accordance with the Walmart dress code, mask wearing, mirror imaging the wearing of ones pants, ie. 'butt crack' ..........

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis