What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_2598.JPG

I like to collect playing cards, just added these (top right) to my collection. :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Let me know how the translator works!
That is cool and would be reason enough to buy them on its own!
Do you think I could understand @Gmoney with those?
Have a good one KEW!! your Definitely one of the better older members on AH! alone with PENG, Doc MCode, of Course Shady J. ADTG Rock on bro!
I' m getting inbox messages from ADK Highlander saying my profile will be Restricted. I have Forwarded that inbox message that AKD Highlander sent me to Gene. It's been interesting to say the lease on AH. I have asked Gene to kindly close my account or what ever it take.. Put a Big Ole Banned on it. Sayonara! Ben deco's!! :p :p :p :p :p as for the few and You know who you are, carry on. go suckup some more in that Circle jerk:)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thrift store finds. The tape deck is for 3db eyes as I don’t have any tapes anymore I didn’t get it. It was $10 and in very good condition. Sigh. APC is a brick, but bargain of the day. I went there to get one specifically but dang didn’t expect this great price.
B0D230A1-817E-446A-9FD0-4F535E10050F.jpeg

8343ECA6-5FC5-4EB5-A0DC-213150DA4E3B.jpeg

6CA9F9B0-5D8F-4CDB-B4F7-E648469C71E5.jpeg

792C21C0-5BFD-492F-B2D2-CFDEF7280E20.jpeg

If interested 3db PM me.
DD9BA139-6C67-4899-9012-F86AC81A18E8.jpeg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My neighbor Bob goes to thrift stores a couple times a week and sometimes finds some good stuff. I finally got TOOL's Opiate from neighbor Bob just not long ago. Hell build up a pile and I'll borrow them for a week or 2 and rip 'em all. I have a crap-ton of music on my hard drive now.

This is the latest batch he dropped off for me last week.

468.jpeg

I love neighbor Bob!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I've been on another music buying spree as well. Vulfpeck did a sold-out show at MSG so I grabbed that and another one to have their complete catalog. Also Snarky Puppy's royal Albert hall show. Loving all the new jazz/funk that is out there. Cory Wong is another amazing artist.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Meeeeooooowwww...
1591447182462.png

Power? Check
Subsonic? Check
MM / MC? Check
Enough inputs? Check
(and even) The looks? Check (the door covering the knobs is a thick, heavy piece of aluminium)
Very happy to say this ol' cat purrs on my commode now! 2 x 110 into 8 and very capable into 6 and 4.

And then this:
1591447571448.png

To end the turntable story for a longer period of time. After having the TT completely cleaned and seeing all problems are gone with solid, flat records, I got an amp with a subsonic, got this cart on a discount, took some time to adjust all the details - overhang spot on, anti skating steady and stays where it lands on a groovless record, VTF schoolbook ideal (after setting everything manual, I checked on a scale to make sure and also saw that my weight markings are accurate)
A bit of adjusting:
1591447966140.png

I would be almost too confident to say that this set up performs at this moment to the best of its abilities. Meaning that any meaningful improvement would have to come from changing a piece of gear or treating the room differently and NOT by changing the settings on the gear.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Looking good K! What speakers are you using? Too bad I haven’t seen any interesting vinyls at my local thrift stores lately.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Meeeeooooowwww...
View attachment 36868
Power? Check
Subsonic? Check
MM / MC? Check
Enough inputs? Check
(and even) The looks? Check (the door covering the knobs is a thick, heavy piece of aluminium)
Very happy to say this ol' cat purrs on my commode now! 2 x 110 into 8 and very capable into 6 and 4.

And then this:
View attachment 36869

To end the turntable story for a longer period of time. After having the TT completely cleaned and seeing all problems are gone with solid, flat records, I got an amp with a subsonic, got this cart on a discount, took some time to adjust all the details - overhang spot on, anti skating steady and stays where it lands on a groovless record, VTF schoolbook ideal (after setting everything manual, I checked on a scale to make sure and also saw that my weight markings are accurate)
A bit of adjusting:
View attachment 36870

I would be almost too confident to say that this set up performs at this moment to the best of its abilities. Meaning that any meaningful improvement would have to come from changing a piece of gear or treating the room differently and NOT by changing the settings on the gear.
Nice score, enjoy !

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
^^Looking good K! What speakers are you using? Too bad I haven’t seen any interesting vinyls at my local thrift stores lately.
Thank you!! I have LS50 by advice from people here on AH and I'm madly in love with them (also have old B&W 802 and will hook them up for fun over the weekend).

Since you've mentioned trift stores, I have a story. It was so long ago that I asked for one album (it's a Croatian band, don't think you'd know) that I forgot I ever asked. Almost 2 years later an email arrives saying they finally got it and asked if I want it. I was knocked over by this dedication. And all that fo 4$!!!!!

My next move if I don't lose my job to corona, is the SVS 2000 the new one. I was waiting for such a long time to see a "cheaper" model that still sports the DSP app. And I'm selling the AVR and DVD/CD combo I used until now.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Nice score, enjoy !
Thanks. Maybe it's because I gave it much more time, but this cart seems better to me than the AT-VMN95. When I'm playing EDM the deeps are more abundant, but when it's Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue, highs from brass don't make me cringe.

In all fairness, it IS a huge difference in compliance; AT roughly 14 and OM 20. (not to drag this topic beyond its natural life :) I do think 17CU in a light body around 4g would be a perfect match for my tone arm and calculations confirm it). I tried this cart without the weight, but it's too light, my weight can't even go that low.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Meeeeooooowwww...
View attachment 36868
Power? Check
Subsonic? Check
MM / MC? Check
Enough inputs? Check

And then this:
View attachment 36869

A bit of adjusting:
View attachment 36870

"this ol' cat purrs on my commode now!" to translate for us 'Mericans, @killdozzer was neither referring to a cat nor a toilet but a piece of gear performing admirably on what I take is an entertainment stand (though the older definition was a chest of drawers).
1591456814462.png

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
20+ years ago I built an entertainment unit out of reclaimed 2x10s and threaded rod (a poor man's Salamander stand). the threaded rod has served as its "legs" for all that time, but it is pretty heavy and hard to move - as in moving day; it scoots along the floor just fine with felt pads under the legs. Anyway, out of boredom more than anything else, I bought some large rubber casters. To cut the excess threaded rod, I got a dremel tool (off brand) but quickly found out a dremel is no match for 1/2" steel rod, so out came the hack saw... Anyway, I really like the casters and am stoked I was able to find them in orange!
IMG_1243.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
20+ years ago I built an entertainment unit out of reclaimed 2x10s and threaded rod (a poor man's Salamander stand). the threaded rod has served as its "legs" for all that time, but it is pretty heavy and hard to move - as in moving day; it scoots along the floor just fine with felt pads under the legs. Anyway, out of boredom more than anything else, I bought some large rubber casters. To cut the excess threaded rod, I got a dremel tool (off brand) but quickly found out a dremel is no match for 1/2" steel rod, so out came the hack saw... Anyway, I really like the casters and am stoked I was able to find them in orange!
That's admirable, but I in fact meant a chest of drawers. :D:D
1591458092890.png

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
This is the first time I heard commode meant toilet! Live and learn.
:
The English appropriated the term for an enclosed chamber pot:
1591458061767.png

In America, it it is a colloquial term for a flush toilet (sorry - my minor in college was History and Design of Furnishings...). :D

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
:
The English appropriated the term for an enclosed chamber pot:
View attachment 36877
In America, it it is a colloquial term for a flush toilet (sorry - my minor in college was History and Design of Furnishings...). :D
In Croatian komoda (the way we write it and pronounce it) always meant this piece of furniture like in the pic I attached above.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis