Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I can see it now, on the very same day you receive the new Towers, you leave them boxed to drive 37.5 miles to pick up a 6 pair of Super Tweeters to stud all your old speakers with... for $45 OBO. :D

"SSSSSSS - SSSSSSS"
'Dat da Sound of my Highs"

:cool:
Not just the highs, but the Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-BASS too! Gotta strap a board across the driver to keep its awesomeness from exploding out of the box!
DSC00785.JPG
DSC00784.JPG
DSC00788.JPG
DSC00789.JPG

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh man... this is why I've been hiding!

KEF 104/2s in perfect condition for $500!!!

00j0j_iKinqIMKB2v_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00r0r_khYVv1tImnQ_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00d0d_9fh6hEwTIMb_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've not heard them either, but SF always has some pretty good speakers that really look nice.
I'll bet they're worth the asking price.

I'll tell ya man, those KEF 104/2s for $499 are still available and so tempting! They look very well cared for. If the internal woofer is still in good shape those speakers are s'posed to be legit.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I'll bet they're worth the asking price.

I'll tell ya man, those KEF 104/2s for $499 are still available and so tempting! They look very well cared for. If the internal woofer is still in good shape those speakers are s'posed to be legit.

In the KEF community, those are legend. Andrew Jones worked on them and his design for the Elac Adante (which I have - yay me!) are a direct descendant with their coincident M/T drivers and "cavity coupled bass".

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In the KEF community, those are legend. Andrew Jones worked on them and his design for the Elac Adante (which I have - yay me!) are a direct descendant with their coincident M/T drivers and "cavity coupled bass".
To be fair, I know I didn't ask you to, but you're doing a terrible job of talking me back from the ledge right now... lol. :p

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
To be fair, I know I didn't ask you to, but you're doing a terrible job of talking me back from the ledge right now... lol. :p
Sorry man - vicarious shopping through you!

doitdoitdoitdoitdoit...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
*sigh* This local boob just undercut my Focal Chora 806 listing by $200. Granted, there are no stands, but still...
Those are in nice shape too. I haven't put the Ultras up yet, I wanna spend a little time with the Sierras first. Thinking about asking $1500 for them. I know that's a touch high, but leaves some wiggle room for me to go down and still feel okay with the price. I'd probably take 12 or 1300 for the towers.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Those are in nice shape too. I haven't put the Ultras up yet, I wanna spend a little time with the Sierras first. Thinking about asking $1500 for them. I know that's a touch high, but leaves some wiggle room for me to go down and still feel okay with the price. I'd probably take 12 or 1300 for the towers.
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the Sierras once you get to evaluate them - I think you'll enjoy them.

75% of retail is completely fair for their age and condition (which I assume is great). The cheapest on HiFi Shark is $1849 for an open box pair...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone familiar with these KEF speakers? Limited info, no description. Just these 2 images. $300 for the towers, $200 for the books with the stands.
00x0x_7q33fYEEwFa_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00U0U_1HIWSmug3CL_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Has a sub in the mix too (worded "subwoofer cabinet" for $150) and will take $500 for everything. Not too excited about the sub. Could prolly talk him down for the 4.0 set tho.

01414_6SL3AmuU2Zc_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00F0F_k0V5ZMZ3mrW_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00303_eqYrnXi97o9_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
While I can't give you a direct answer, I can guide you... the nice thing about KEF is they keep info on every product they've ever made.

I would suspect you will find those in the 90s or 2000s.

I'm at House 2.0 right now, with no Wi-Fi and no computer, so to would be a chore combing those links on a phone. :confused:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While I can't give you a direct answer, I can guide you... the nice thing about KEF is they keep info on every product they've ever made.

I would suspect you will find those in the 90s or 2000s.

I'm at House 2.0 right now, with no Wi-Fi and no computer, so to would be a chore combing those links on a phone. :confused:
They look a little like those 104/2s I found with the funky ports, but I doubt they have an internal driver.

I'm gonna comb through that list and see if I can find them. Thanks kev!

*Edit: KEF Q series from '97-2000 it looks like. Q55 towers and Q15 books. Uni Q drivers in both. Still digging around for reviews...

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here's an interesting one for the DFW area:

1591899568920.png

Dali loudspeakers are unusual in that they use "wood fiber" cones and this model has a ribbon super tweeter. I've heard Dalis in the past and really liked them. $550 for a +/- 10-year-old $2K speaker ain't bad! The poster also has a Martin Logan Grotto I subwoofer for $450 ($1500 list).
1591899787577.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's an interesting one for the DFW area:

View attachment 37003

Dali loudspeakers are unusual in that they use "wood fiber" cones and this model has a ribbon super tweeter. I've heard Dalis in the past and really liked them. $550 for a +/- 10-year-old $2K speaker ain't bad! The poster also has a Martin Logan Grotto I subwoofer for $450 ($1500 list).
View attachment 37004
I'd love to listen to those Dalis. They look sharp and look like they use good parts, but I've read they're not necessarily accurate speakers. Intentionally so. They shoot for a certain sound I guess and some folks just love them. I've never heard any of their speakers tho, so no point of reference for me.

*Edit: Isn't "wood fiber" sorta what paper is..? lol

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I'd love to listen to those Dalis. They look sharp and look like they use good parts, but I've read they're not necessarily accurate speakers. Intentionally so. They shoot for a certain sound I guess and some folks just love them. I've never heard any of their speakers tho, so no point of reference for me.

*Edit: Isn't "wood fiber" sorta what paper is..? lol
Yes! And no...
1591900644540.png

According to Dali: "signature cone material – light paper reinforced by mechanically processed wood fibres" I'm not sure about their accuracy, only that I liked what I heard.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Ooh, those are nice looking speakers. Well, well, helllooooo Dali, well hellloooo Dali...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis