Yamaha 2020 Receiver line up (HDMI 2.1 - Full 8K support)

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
I personally prefer larger display. For the looks of it....... to me looks lake one ye minion!!!

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Any info on when the CXA5200 will be replaced?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Any info on when the CXA5200 will be replaced?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yamaha working on issues that Gene found. Their Engineering department went back to the board with White chalk in hand pulled out their Chalkboard. To do some more math, Rumor has it they made Gene a Offer to be a Contracted EE audio Consultant. But the Department of Defense looking over the Details. They blacked out what Gene can and can’t Discuss with Yamaha’s Engineering department. As you would guess didn’t go over well with Yamaha. Anyways when they are Finally released just buy Yamaha.

S

sand87

Audioholic
Its not the orange colour or anything but what concerns me is the look.i first the screen is so small.I dont know why they thought thats necessary.Secondly are they replacing buttons with touch?It seems so seeing the front panel.I think the RXV series looks more bad than the aventage lineups.its not just the knobs.Something looks amiss.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Didn’t I see that thing roaming around the Deathstar? Ugly. The Jawa’s wouldn’t touch it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't heard anything from Yamaha regarding the successor to the CX-A5200.

Only thing I've been seeing from Yamaha are the new 5000-series preamp and amp, and integrated amps.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't heard anything from Yamaha regarding the successor to the CX-A5200.

Only thing I've been seeing from Yamaha are the new 5000-series preamp and amp, and integrated amps.
May be a long wait Andrew, When Gene found those issues he sent into Yamaha, they had to Scrap everything start from Scratch on the new flagship pre-pro. Once Gene sent in his Findings to Yamahas EE Department, two Men in Black showed up and Flashed everyone in the development department.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Didn’t I see that thing roaming around the Deathstar? Ugly. The Jawa’s wouldn’t touch it.
Hey Hey! Uglies in the eyes of the beholder. :)
Just buy Yamaha, throw a Pillowcase over it:D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe you where thinking of “Jar Jar Binks” ?
Rumor has it he almost contemplated suicide after his last pre-pro only lasted 8 years after all the Backlash he was getting from not so happy fans of the Prequel.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I am ok with the look. Hopefully I won’t need to upgrade to hdmi 2.1 for 8k for a couple years though. :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I am ok with the look. Hopefully I won’t need to upgrade to hdmi 2.1 for 8k for a couple years though. :)
Same here, I just upgraded to a1080 got it for under 1k new. 8K? be a few years maybe more just for the Streaming media to catchup. HBO coming out with HBO Super Max! got that from my internet and cable Provider. But than she may have just told me that so I’d add HBO to my TV Package
I bet after I hung up, her Supervisor standing next to her that sold me HBO, went Ding ding ding we gotta Another sucker! Drinks on me after work. :)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
May be a long wait Andrew, When Gene found those issues he sent into Yamaha, they had to Scrap everything start from Scratch on the new flagship pre-pro. Once Gene sent in his Findings to Yamahas EE Department, two Men in Black showed up and Flashed everyone in the development department.
I doubt it's from scratch. The only issue with the CX-A5200 was very specifically the XLR Front Left and Right Outputs' THD of 0.015% at very high voltage - 4Vrms. At normal voltage of 2Vrms, THD is 0.005%.

So they just need to very specifically look at the Front Left and Right XLR Outputs at hight voltage of 4Vrms.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I doubt it's from scratch. The only issue with the CX-A5200 was very specifically the XLR Front Left and Right Outputs' THD of 0.015% at very high voltage - 4Vrms. At normal voltage of 2Vrms, THD is 0.005%.

So they just need to very specifically look at the Front Left and Right XLR Outputs at hight voltage of 4Vrms.
Andrew, So really believe Yamaha will stop at just or start at just Genes finding? If so wouldn’t that be An indictment on all Americans way of life? No! I wouldn’t stand for that as a American citizen of this great nation! It’s really about Our Constitution! (C) “Niedermayer” is unknown even today what it stands for! It’s a rip-off! Gene stands for Integrity and he won’t Compromises Values well above standards set, well taking some liberties can be Excusable. ;). Gene will not and cannot Compromise! His forum may as will be named, (AH) Acronyms for: “Animal House”:D
Sadly it’s seen like that to others, Amongst other forum’s and members on other clubs and AVS sites across this great nation :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Andrew, so you really believe Yamaha will stop at just Genes finding?
I think the Yamaha CX-A5300 will have the same SOTA measurements as the previous Yamaha CX-A5100 = XLR THD+N 0.003% at 4.13V, SNR 131dBA, Crosstalk 94dB. But then will add HDMI 2.1 for 8K video like all the new Yamaha.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I think the Yamaha CX-A5300 will have the same SOTA measurements as the previous Yamaha CX-A5100 = XLR THD+N 0.003% at 4.13V, SNR 131dBA, Crosstalk 94dB. But then will add HDMI 2.1 for 8K video like all the new Yamaha.
So you where Where Present when Gene ran his test and also did Gene share, anything else of his Correspondence between Yamaha and he? if so posting Secs of what anyone can Obviously Google isn’t really much of other than what was posted on Gene thread already.

E

EBN

Audioholic

Gene also warned that RX-A3080 may have same issue with those XLR L/R in some youtube video! It would be really nice if @gene could talk with Yamaha reps when the new models are announced in 2-4weeks and ask one of the higher range machine for review/bench test ASAP!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Gene also warned that RX-A3080 may have same issue with those XLR L/R in some youtube video! It would be really nice if @gene could talk with Yamaha reps when the new models are announced in 2-4weeks and ask one of the higher range machine for review/bench test ASAP!
I recall Gene saying the RX-A3080 didn't have the same XLR Front L/R THD of 0.015% at 4 Volts.

Besides, the RX-A3080's Maximum Output Level Pre-out voltage in the manual says "2V", not "4V".

In contrast, the CX-A5200's Maximum Output Level Pre-out voltage is more than 8V.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Just buy Yamaha.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Will these Yamaha be the first AVRs to have HDMI 2.1?

Not surprising, but still always kind of funny how these Yamaha AVRs will have HDMI 2.1, but all the $4K-$20K Pre-pros won't have it yet until a year or more later.
I think that is because the turnover for pre/pros is slower. For one thing I'm certain they have a much longer life span than receivers. Also I think those of us who go for more robust systems, do not turnover our equipment very fast and buy for the long haul. I really only replace units if they fail and can not be repaired, or if there is some pressing required facility, that is rare.

So I needed three TVs rather then the two I had before. So I bought a 4K TV. That will stay until it fails. It will be the same for the Marantz AV 7705. The two 2 K TVs and the 2K pre pros are still giving good service. I have no intention of going to 8K, the 4K picture is excellent. I have a long viewing distance so I doubt 8K would be an advantage. I really can't say I can tell the difference from a 2K or 4K sources. I do think HDR makes a difference though. So with those upgrades, that meant going to a 4K player. The Oppo would not work with the new system, it would not even play a CD. So that went next door in a 2K system. I had to rebuild the HTPC, but it was due, as it was developing some hardware issues.

So I had to add four amp channels, which I did from my stock of amps. I had the ceiling speakers bas they came from my stock of JW modules. They are doing excellent work. So it just was the cost of box construction and the speaker wire. Everything else was existing gear. So I have zero urge for any upgrades. I think that philosophy is pretty general in people happy and content with their systems.

One thing I will say needs improvement. That is noise issues. As you add channels the S/N has to improve. 100 db weighted does not cut it. These weighted specs are BS and obfiscate the truth.

Here is what I mean. I have 18 amp channels. Spec. 105 db unweighted. When all these amps are on there is dead silence. The room sounds no different whether they are on or off, and that is with the 7 active crossover channels turned on. Now turn on the Marantz 7705 and you can hear faint hiss at the listening position. Now I admit it is covered even in the quietest passages. The spec for S/N is 100 db weighted. However it is not good enough. The other spec, never mentioned is RF rejection and it should be. I took great care to limit RF generation. However when all the SCR dimmers in the place are on you can hear a faint buzz. There needs to be more attention to RF rejection and it needs to be specified. This is far more important than the useless bells and whistles.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis