Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Works well but I need a new cable for radio ... no idea how to ...wire speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Do I need to rip my speakers apart for low or high freq or just use 4 speakers ??
How on earth do you do this

You have to find the speakers they were designed for. That was an odd system in a box, that used active crossovers. Unless you have the speakers that came with that unit it is totally useless to you.

Again you have bumbled about, as is your usual modus operandi, and accumulated more junk you have no clue about. You seem to be on a one man mission to degrade this forum into the world's number one red neck forum.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do I need to rip my speakers apart for low or high freq or just use 4 speakers ??
How on earth do you do this

Got me, what did the manual say?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Got me, what did the manual say?
I think the original speakers had bass and treble on separate channels.
Guess I can just mess around with it it’s a lot better then our garage radio ....

I got plenty of speakers to mess with ... just not many good ones .. R.I.P.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I think the original speakers had bass and treble on separate channels.
Guess I can just mess around with it it’s a lot better then our garage radio ....

I got plenty of speakers to mess with ... just not many good ones .. R.I.P.

As I told you, this device is no use to you. That unit has four power amplifiers, and an active electronic crossover. So the preamp stage goes to an active electronic crossover. The speakers that went with that unit were three way. The electronic crossover has low and high pass filters. The high pass signal was amplified by the HF amps connected to the mid range and tweeter in each speaker via a passive crossover in the speakers. This high pass signal was split into the band pass signal sent to the midrange and the high pass sent to the tweeter by the passive crossover in each speaker.

The low pass signal from the electronic crossover was sent to the bass amps and connected directly to the woofers

The electronic crossover also sent the correct power and frequency slopes to match the woofer and band pass drivers for an even power and frequency response in the crossover region.

That is why that unit is only any good with the matching speakers. If you want to use it you have to look for a set of those speakers. The impedance of the two speaker sections were both six ohms.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Why are you so intent on using this? Why do you think it's sooooo much better than your garage radio? Junk it or attach 4 of the same speakers and see what happens. Now you've got TLS wasting his time telling you things that you won't listen to.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is more effort than I deserve to put into it, but...

The speakers are SS-EC70.

As with all your purchases, I hope you didn't spend much to get it. It's not worth investing any more money trying to polish a turd.

(you could always inquire here before buying anything... might save you a lot of money now and ridicule later.)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

very clear sound but bass is lacking I may try different bass modules or woofers .
Think the woofers aren’t the issue ?
There in mint condition.. barely used . Should I try different ones

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

very clear sound but bass is lacking I may try different bass modules or woofers .

Look, unless the top and bottom speakers have exactly the same sensitivities as the speakers that system was designed for it will either lack bass or treble. The chance of you finding junk speakers with the same parameters as the original are one in a million or less.

I have to say all these pictures of your junk sure lower the tone round here. They are enough to give an old man a heart attack. May be look for somewhere else to hang your laundry?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The taco bell bag really adds to the overall ambience and aesthetic of your system. Lets a person know exactly what to expect in a noob setup. Does it sound as good as it looks tho..?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, yes, indeed! Try many, many!
Dr. Mark seems confident that you will find the right one if you try enough (about a million).
It is a trial and error process, so you'd best get crackin'!
I am impressed by your steadfast commitment to find good audio using such monumental perseverance.
But you know, it wouldn't be the same if you don't devote a major portion of your life to your objective.
Like my dad used to say:
"When you're dumb, you've gotta be tough!"

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis