Paradigm Premier 800F 25% off

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Audioholics had a nice review of the Paradigm Premier 800F. Do you still like these James? I'm thinking about a pair at $749 each with free shipping. Do you like anything else better in this price range?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Audioholics had a nice review of the Paradigm Premier 800F. Do you still like these James? I'm thinking about a pair at $749 each with free shipping. Do you like anything else better in this price range?
That is a killer deal for a very good set of speakers. I don't think people realize just how good those speakers are yet. There are other good speakers in their price range, you just have to look and see what matches your tastes. If you just want a neutral no-nonsense speaker those are tough to beat. I hear the Defiance subs are on sale as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Great looking speaker, reputable company and a pretty good sale price.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
That is a killer deal for a very good set of speakers. I don't think people realize just how good those speakers are yet. There are other good speakers in their price range, you just have to look and see what matches your tastes. If you just want a neutral no-nonsense speaker those are tough to beat. I hear the Defiance subs are on sale as well.
It's a little hard to go out and audition speakers during the pandemic. If RBH or Revel have a 70% off sale I might be able to afford them. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's a little hard to go out and audition speakers during the pandemic. If RBH or Revel have a 70% off sale I might be able to afford them. :D
The Premier 800Fs could definitely hang with Revel and RBH. They are good. The Premier center is really good too.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
The Premier 800Fs could definitely hang with Revel and RBH. They are good. The Premier center is really good too.
How would you compare the sound of the BMR Philharmonitor to the Premier 800F? The RAAL Ribbon tweeter sounds like a high quality component.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
How would you compare the sound of the BMR Philharmonitor to the Premier 800F? The RAAL Ribbon tweeter sounds like a high quality component.
I actually had those two speakers simultaneously and I did some A/B comparison listening. They sounded similar. That is because they both have a neutral response as a target. If you like the way the BMR Philharmonitor sounds, you will like the 800Fs.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Do you think the paradigm premier 600c is that much better then the 500c

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Do you think the paradigm premier 600c is that much better then the 500c
The 600C is basically the 500C but with passive radiators. It's similar but will have deeper and more powerful bass.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I was very impressed with the 800f's and the 600C when I was looking at new speakers. They were my front runners until I heard some Salk speakers.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I was very impressed with the 800f's and the 600C when I was looking at new speakers. They were my front runners until I heard some Salk speakers.
At more than double the price, I would hope Salk Song 3 sounds better. What was your perception of the sound difference? What made the Song 3 worth it to you? Thanks!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
At more than double the price, I would hope Salk Song 3 sounds better. What was your perception of the sound difference? What made the Song 3 worth it to you? Thanks!
They're only double the price when the Paradigms are on sale! lol

I can't really compare them to each other as I didn't hear them side by side, and it was a few months after hearing the Paradigms that I heard the Song3's. Having said that, though, on the Song3's I heard details I hadn't heard before in songs I've been listening to for 20+ years. I was entirely sold on the RAAL ribbons after hearing them. To be honest, I was kinda hoping I wouldn't be wowed by the Salks in order to save myself some money.

You're getting a killer speaker at a great price if you get these Paradigms for 25% off.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
You're getting a killer speaker at a great price if you get these Paradigms for 25% off.
I bit the bullet and bought the Paradigm 800F. I wanted to use them in a 11.2 setup as side speakers. Shipped they were $1600 with tax. Credit card company gave me $200 for opening a new account and charing over $500. Stimulus another $1200 so my out of pocket is $200 for these. I'll post how they work out with the Denon 4500H.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Looking forward to your input on how you like the 800fs. I have the monitor 11 s7's and was looking at getting the 800fs and moving the monitors upstairs to replace some boston acoutics A250s that struggle at the volume my wife will sometimes crank them to. The sale price is making it really hard not to pull the trigger.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I found trying to buy from Paradigm is an amazingly poor customer experience. I placed the order on Friday, they charge my credit card, then send me an email days later that says, "We were not able to complete your order at this time due to a processing failure with your payment information. Your order has been cancelled and any charges to your account will be fully refunded."

This looks like a scam. How could they not process the order if they expect to process a refund? In the background a company named Quivers is running the sales operation. You have no phone for Quivers so you call Paradigm and they tell you they know nothing and can't help. Once you get the phone number from Paradigm for Quivers, you call them and they tell you they don't know why the order was cancelled, the card was charged. They send an email to Paradigm to ask why and email you later. Meanwhile, Quivers sounds like it's in India. When you get the email from Quivers, they tell you the grey wood grain models are on back order and you should place another order for the gloss black finish. Once you do that, they have now charged your card twice with assurance they will refund the 1st order. You ask why they can't just use the 1st payment and they say that's not possible.

Basically, I can't recommend buying thru Paradigm after my experience. I am watching for delivery of the black units with an eye on the refund for the 1st pair. I'll have to file a dispute with the credit card on the cancelled order if the refund does not appear. I would have given up on this already but James seems to think the 800F is a good speaker.

Hopefully, your experience will be better than mine. If I had a company that ran this way - I'd be out of business in a few months.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I found trying to buy from Paradigm is an amazingly poor customer experience. I placed the order on Friday, they charge my credit card, then send me an email days later that says, "We were not able to complete your order at this time due to a processing failure with your payment information. Your order has been cancelled and any charges to your account will be fully refunded."

This looks like a scam. How could they not process the order if they expect to process a refund? In the background a company named Quivers is running the sales operation. You have no phone for Quivers so you call Paradigm and they tell you they know nothing and can't help. Once you get the phone number from Paradigm for Quivers, you call them and they tell you they don't know why the order was cancelled, the card was charged. They send an email to Paradigm to ask why and email you later. Meanwhile, Quivers sounds like it's in India. When you get the email from Quivers, they tell you the grey wood grain models are on back order and you should place another order for the gloss black finish. Once you do that, they have now charged your card twice with assurance they will refund the 1st order. You ask why they can't just use the 1st payment and they say that's not possible.

Basically, I can't recommend buying thru Paradigm after my experience. I am watching for delivery of the black units with an eye on the refund for the 1st pair. I'll have to file a dispute with the credit card on the cancelled order if the refund does not appear. I would have given up on this already but James seems to think the 800F is a good speaker.

Hopefully, your experience will be better than mine. If I had a company that ran this way - I'd be out of business in a few months.
Very sorry to hear about your experience! There are other online retailers for Paradigm Premiers that have a similar markdown, but I wouldn't blame you if you just decided on another brand. Make sure to let Paradigm know of your purchasing experience. If they hear enough complaints like this they will make changes to address these problems.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Very sorry to hear about your experience! There are other online retailers for Paradigm Premiers that have a similar markdown, but I wouldn't blame you if you just decided on another brand. Make sure to let Paradigm know of your purchasing experience. If they hear enough complaints like this they will make changes to address these problems.
Is Paradigm fairly new to the direct sales/internet sales game?

Just seems that the last time I really went through their website several years ago, I had trouble finding any MSRP, much less any place to actually place an order.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Very sorry to hear about your experience! There are other online retailers for Paradigm Premiers that have a similar markdown
I looked at Amazon, Crutchfield and BestBuy NONE of these carry Paradigm Priemer 800F. Is there a reputable mail order dealer you would suggest?

Also, is there another speaker you would prefer over the Paradigm Priemer 800F? Maybe the Sierra-2 or Sierra-2EX? Or something else? You have tried a lot of different options. :cool: Thanks!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
The saga continues... I called Quivers/Paradigm to see the status of my 2nd order. They cancelled it too and charged me another $1600. What a scam. I can't recommend buying any Paradigm product. They take your money and give you nothing. You would think they could decide if they will ship before charging your card? They tried to encourage me to order a 3rd time. You would have to be an idiot. :p

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I looked at Amazon, Crutchfield and BestBuy NONE of these carry Paradigm Priemer 800F. Is there a reputable mail order dealer you would suggest?

Also, is there another speaker you would prefer over the Paradigm Priemer 800F? Maybe the Sierra-2 or Sierra-2EX? Or something else? You have tried a lot of different options. :cool: Thanks!
I am sure the Sierra 2 is very good. If you are not looking to blow the doors off the hinges, consider the BMR Philharmonitor from Salk. One of the best bookshelf speakers that you can buy out there at any price. I you want a floor-standing speaker with a bit more SPL capability, look at a pair of Revel F36s. They also target a neutral response curve and should have similar tonality to the 800Fs. The new Polk Legend speakers are quite good, and that center channel is excellent, although a bit expensive. RBH has some SV-61R speakers left in stock, those are quite good, although somewhat insensitive. It looks to me like RBH is discontinuing that series. Outlaw has great MTM in the LCRv2, and that speaker deserves more attention than it has received. There are lots of great options out there, I could go on. I bet you that new THX tower from Monoprice will be killer, and that is expected to be available soon.
The saga continues... I called Quivers/Paradigm to see the status of my 2nd order. They canceiled it too and charged me another $1600. What a scam. I can't recommend buying any Paradigm product. They take your money and give you nothing. You would think they could decide if they will ship before charging your card? They tried to encourage me to order a 3rd time. You would have to be an idiot. :p
Like I said, make sure Paradigm knows about this. I know some of the guys at Paradigm, and they would not be happy to see their customers treated like this by that online sales-handling outfit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis