Subwoofer recommendations

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Most low profile subs aren't all that good, much more about convenience and aesthetic than performance.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I want. and i will.
any monolith subwoofer under 700€ as an option?
Monolith make some very good Subs also. I would not go with less than a 12-inch ported one though, still. I don't think monolith makes them in white either, or do they?

The XTZ 12-17 looks like a very good sub though. So far it's the winner in my book.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Monolith make some very good Subs also. I would not go with less than a 12-inch ported one though, still. I don't think monolith makes them in white either, or do they?

The XTZ 12-17 looks like a very good sub though. So far it's the winner in my book.
click the different categories up...
and yes all white ones in every model. 3 different whites sometimes.
some they have a passive radiator. And 12”

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

He's talking about the BK Elec monolith series, not the monoprice Monolith series we're familiar with here.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I can't tell if these are ported or sealed. A pair of them to use as stands for your speakers might do the trick tho!

*Edit: They're sealed, but a pair of those could still be pretty cool. Need to do a li'l homework...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I was phone posting, lol. I've heard good things about BK. No personal experience, but they seem pretty solid.
Yeah, I was thrown off at first too. I have no first hand experience with them either, but I do seem to recall hearing some good things about them.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I can't tell if these are ported or sealed. A pair of them to use as stands for your speakers might do the trick tho!

*Edit: They're sealed, but a pair of those could still be pretty cool. Need to do a li'l homework...
no dont do homework. İt exeeds my 700€ limit, and they are narrow but not small. i can take one double gem but not two.
Maybe the avforums first pick 500£ pound under subwoofer or anything else inside my money limit,
XTZ is 590€ without shipping

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
no dont do homework. İt exeeds my 700€ limit, and they are narrow but not small. Maybe the avforums first pick 500£ pound under subwoofer or anything else inside my money limit,
XTZ is 590€ without shipping
Well... exceeds it by 60£. My suggestion was also to use them as speaker stands. You mentioned you were looking into that, and a pair of those would work as stands without taking up any more space. Money saved on stands can go to the subs and you're still on budget!

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic

wow thats a great idea, unfortunaty i bought speaker bases. İ just forgot to post them
but...you made me start thinking.
bass can go on the furniture? İt must be on the ground, right?
so i need 4 :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
wow thats a great idea, unfortunaty i bought speaker bases. İ just forgot to post them
but...you made me start thinking.
bass can go on the furniture? İt must be on the ground, right?
so i need 4 :)
Using subwoofers as speaker stands is something you can do, yes. As far as if a sub HAS to be on the floor, I don't think so but I would imagine you'd want it on something solid, dense and sturdy. I think one of us is misinterpreting a little bit tho. What furniture are you thinking about using?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Actually 760£ is 860€ and its 160€ over budjet. And 270€ over XTZ, but if i save space, well its something,
that furniture. Bass can go over İt? Like a speaker?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Actually 760£ is 860€ and its 160€ over budjet. And 270€ over XTZ, but if i save space, well its something,
that furniture. Bass can go over İt? Like a speaker?
unnamed (2).jpg

Actually 760£ is 860€ and its 160€ over budjet.
? 379 + 379 = 758€, right? Or am I using the wrong currency?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Running dual XXLS400 from BK elec and I have been happy with them, how ever if I was buying now I would definitely go for dual Monolith+ as I don't have space restrictions anymore. I think BK elec might still have best value in european market though XTZ should be really similar performance wise. Don't have personal experience with XTZ so can't say much about them. Nothing else comes to my mind that would compete in european market for value considered.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
İts 760£ united kingdom. Which is 860€.
thats my current setup.

can double gem go next to center speaker and sleep like this? Or it has to be str8?
2) can double gem go ON the other furniture ?(on the right the yellow one) And be pararell not str8? Like the center speaker

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
İts 760£ united kingdom. Which is 860€.
thats my current setup.

can double jem go next to center speaker and sleep like this? Or it has to be str8?
2) can double jem go to the other furniture on the right the yellow one? And be pararell not str8? Like the center speaker
Depends on your space and expectations, you could get away with regular Monolith as well. How big is your space? Count all open space from the location your sub would be in. For music the XXLS400 works amazingly well but for movies I would like to have the Monolith+ however to have bit more output.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Running dual XXLS400 from BK elec and I have been happy with them, how ever if I was buying now I would definitely go for dual Monolith+ as I don't have space restrictions anymore. I think BK elec might still have best value in european market though XTZ should be really similar performance wise. Don't have personal experience with XTZ so can't say much about them. Nothing else comes to my mind that would compete in european market for value considered.
It's about time! We've been summoning you to help ol' bill here for months, lol.

How you been man? Haven't seen you around in a while.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis