Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I was pretty sure you worked for the railroads or am I confusing you with someone else?
I do, but if you think that we are highly subsidized you know little about my industry. For the record our railroads haul freight not people. No money in hauling people ............

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
where do you(like your twin brother 'out-of-touch') come off thinking I'm a Trump lover ? I asked that knucklehead once to show me where I stated such, how 'bout you ??
Who are you going to write in then?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I do, but if you think that we are highly subsidized you know little about my industry. For the record our railroads haul freight not people. No money in hauling people ............
Yep I use to jump the Trains back when I was younger. When the trains still had the caboose
Got caught only one time, dude was like Hey you Woodchuck stop jumping my train.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh I have plenty of experience working with the railroads on how they move freight, am from the freight forwarding industry. They suck at it in so many ways. Railroads are/were highly subsidized. You management or union?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Who are going to write in then?
I like Amy, she's smart, more of a centrist and unlike the rest of them I felt she would take a more sensible approach to the second amendment issue.

But , like 4 years ago I liked J. Kasich for his middle of the aisle approach as well(I wrote him in) but we are now in trenched in this polarizing mindset of the moronic right / left.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like Amy, she's smart, more of a centrist and unlike the rest of them I felt she would take a more sensible approach to the second amendment issue.

But , like 4 years ago I liked J. Kasich for his middle of the aisle approach as well(I wrote him in) but we are now in trenched in this polarizing mindset of the moronic right / left.
Amy dropped out.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Farmers are very highly Subsidized!! Down here in Louisiana, most have Really hugh hi dollar homes
drive new One Ton trucks, their wife’s drive Cadillac or Mercedes SUVs. Their kids go to Private schools their kids have new trucks. The farmers get paid Not to plant crops some years.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Farmers are very highly Subsidized!! Down here in Louisiana, most have Really hugh hi dollar homes
drive new One Ton trucks, their wife’s drive Cadillac or Mercedes SUVs. Their kids go to Private schools their kids have new trucks. The farmers get paid Not to plant crops some years.
My favorite farm subsidy we all paid big time for in the longer run....tobacco.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Where do those Politicians get millions to run for office? Tens of millions and the money that’s put up
do the ones that give expect something in return? I know Special interest groups put up lots and Lobbyist
They get jobs or Government contracts in return? I could google it but just thought I’d ask.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Where do those Politicians get millions to run for office? Tens of millions and the money that’s put up
do the ones that give expect something in return? I know Special interest groups put up lots and Lobbyist
They get jobs or Government contracts in return? I could google it but just thought I’d ask.
Seriously? We basically have a bought government rather than one reacting to the individual voter....it's disgusting. Take the money out of campaigning would be an excellent start. Drumphy campaigned on getting the swamp out yet he created the best swamp for those with special interests....ever.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Oh I have plenty of experience working with the railroads on how they move freight, am from the freight forwarding industry.
LOL, that is so '20th Century', Freight Forwarders, like LCL are loooong gone

They suck at it in so many ways.
Again, LOL, man you're out of touch. Do you know who Warren Buffett is ? In 2009 amidst economic hardship in this country he spent 44 billion and bought not an airline or trucking company , barge company or a 'freight forwarder'. No, he bought a railroad (BNSF), so if that doesn't tell you what you need to know then you truly are lost.

Railroads are/were highly subsidized.
Amtrak is yes, but so is the airline and trucking industry.

As for the 7 Class One RR's in North America ask them who subsidized the non-funded federal mandate for PTC (Positive Train Control) which is currently @ 15 billion and growing. Answer - no one.

You management or union?
management

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"someone not into corporate interests...."

Yes, definitely. A real watchdog against the corporations.

The trouble was his personality. He had all the charm and charisma of a mannequin in a second-hand store.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, that is so '20th Century', Freight Forwarders, like LCL are loooong gone

Again, LOL, man you're out of touch. Do you know who Warren Buffett is ? In 2009 amidst economic hardship in this country he spent 44 billion and bought not an airline or trucking company , barge company or a 'freight forwarder'. No, he bought a railroad (BNSF), so if that doesn't tell you what you need to know then you truly are lost.

Amtrak is yes, but so is the airline and trucking industry.

As for the 7 Class one RR's in North America ask them who subsidized the non-funded federal mandate for PTC (Positive Train Control) which is currently @ 15 billion and growing. Answer - no one.

management
LOL. Just shows me you have little idea in the bigger picture of logistics worldwide.

ps Just where in that industry were you? An "engineer" like in audio?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
LOL. Just shows me you have little idea in the bigger picture of logistics worldwide.

ps Just where in that industry were you? An "engineer" like in audio?
my comment on freight forwarding being so '20th Century' was how it related to domestic handling. Western carloading, Universal carloading, giants in the industry 50-60 years ago. I am very well aware of freight forwarding and it's international utilization today.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
my comment on freight forwarding being so '20th Century' was how it related to domestic handling. Western carloading, Universal carloading, giants in the industry 50-60 years ago. I am very well aware of freight forwarding and it's international utilization today.
Carloading industry was old when my grandfather was a leading guy in it. It wasn't even a thing for me in my career. Railroads in the US basically are poorly run, freight and otherwise. Spoiled by their start with subsidies perhaps.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Carloading industry was old when my grandfather was a leading guy in it. It wasn't even a thing for me in my career.
I know you're not that old ! truth be told it morphed into the intermodal sector during the seventies and actually flourished for a bit in the eighties.

Railroads in the US basically are poorly run, freight and otherwise.
allow me to educate you a wee bit .........

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis