Do you think it's worth going with a separate AV Processor?

thrillcat

thrillcat

Audioholic Intern
Any links?

Anyone with a 3600 that can confirm?

Was the fix to allow it in a firmware update or something?

Sorry to bring it up but this type of Dolby bullying is annoying.
I’m not saying the restriction has been removed in any products, I’m saying Dolby lifted it in their licensing.

It’s a big debate with the blue-Koolaid crowd too, since Little Dan promised it back in 2004 when they first announced the RMC-1 and then it was released without it.

They haven’t enabled it either. Probably won’t.

But it’s no longer on Dolby, it’s on the manufacturer to enable it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The complaints are in January 2020 on 3600. Specific to Denon not being able to offer Dolby Virtual Height Elevation feature unless Denon disabled cross upmixing Dolby sources with DTS NeuralX. (I actually have Yamaha gear, so I can’t give any 1st hand info)

@CajunLB

post #29

thrillcat

thrillcat

Audioholic Intern
The complaints are in January 2020 on 3600. Specific to Denon not being able to offer Dolby Virtual Height Elevation feature unless Denon disabled cross upmixing Dolby sources with DTS NeuralX. (I actually have Yamaha gear, so I can’t give any 1st hand info)

@CajunLB

post #29

I really don’t care enough to go read other posts, especially about Denon stuff.

The fact is, Dolby no longer restricts it, but hardware manufacturers must enable it in their software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I saw that too he's very open minded and is willing to work with people and suggestions this is on Emotiva not him
I'll say. He's even willing to put up with a large amount of criticism from many members of his own site, some of whom aren't even donors but have thousands of posts.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll say. He's even willing to put up with a large amount of criticism from many members of his own site, some of whom aren't even donors but have thousands of posts.
How can you tell one is a donor or not?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm still reading through that thread and man, the snark and douchebaggery... Those guys don't like to be told their $5000 processor can't outperform a typical AVR. No respect for science at all. I just got past Emo's posted results that don't quite match Amir's and questioning his method. There are still a couple more pages for me to catch up to. I have a feeling some of the juicier bits are yet to come.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Its an olive-colored box under the member's avatar that says "Forum Donor".
Thanks, I didn't know, but now I can see many posters are not donors.., too bad..
Edit: Just saw HD's response about "anonymously". I didn't know about that either, so may be there are more donors than we think?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
While it's nice to find some issues via the analysis on the AP, the overall functionality of that unit seems very buggy still as well as still not providing the long promised Dirac....I don't feel that being live guinea pigs for Emotiva's debugging sounds like a good way to spend that much $$....
That thing does seem too buggy for my liking. By the way, I don't have the privilege to see the posted "issue found/fix" but someone mentioned it would only help 2 dB. If that's the case Amir may still be right that FW cannot fix the issue. Could you download/see the posted issue/fix?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, I didn't know, but now I can see many posters are not donors.., too bad..
Edit: Just saw HD's response about "anonymously". I didn't know about that either, so may be there are more donors than we think?
Unlikely. I doubt there are many anonymous donors. Most people like to make it known.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I care about BOTH bro and Monoprice measures better then all the rest according to Amir if we want to get down to it plus it's features and functionalities are so far much farther along then the others. And it won't take much longer for them to get it fully running they obviously spent more effort trying to get it right out of the gate then other companies have

The only thing holding me back is ATI hopefully they get it right straight out of the gate
That is true, but there is a point of diminishing, in fact disappearing return. In my case, I enjoy the avr-x4400h more because I no longer feel the urge to try and hear better sound quality that the av8801 AVP could never reveal. Placebo worked on me too, unfortunately it had always been short lived. As always, ymmv..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That thing does seem too buggy for my liking. By the way, I don't have the privilege to see the posted "issue found/fix" but someone mentioned it would only help 2 dB. If that's the case Amir may still be right that FW cannot fix the issue. Could you download/see the posted issue/fix?
I just saw it referred to....will post it if I find it....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
While it's nice to find some issues via the analysis on the AP, the overall functionality of that unit seems very buggy still as well as still not providing the long promised Dirac....I don't feel that being live guinea pigs for Emotiva's debugging sounds like a good way to spend that much $$....
Yeah. Same here. No way. No how I am touching a $5K bug-infested AVP. Out of their minds. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Seriously, if I were Yamaha, DM, or anyone else making AVP/AVR, I would make sure my components measure extremely well in all those areas that Amir and Gene measure. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Isn’t your house only a few years old?
Irv, I believe ADTG cooked a Lot of popcorn on his stove. So his stove is like 3 years old or maybe Andrew is really Breaking Bad, like that dude Walter White. ADTG is a Pharmacist after all. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis