Picard, A New Hope For Star Trek?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I just finished episode one. So far very well done. Mostly a teaser thought. But it couldn't possibly be any further from the disastrous 2009 movie.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Han Solo would kick his Trekkie @ss from here to Pluto. :p

j/k. I don't follow this stuff enough to remember a 2009 movie. Thanks for the rec.

Start up has been great.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished episode one. So far very well done. Mostly a teaser thought. But it couldn't possibly be any further from the disastrous 2009 movie.
I actually liked all 3 of the new Star Trek movies. I mean they are not great, but enjoyable enough.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I grew up with TNG, I guess you could call me biased, but IMHO TNG was the best Star Trek series era

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I grew up with TNG, I guess you could call me biased, but IMHO TNG was the best Star Trek series era
I grew up with the original series, but the next generation was by far a better series. The original has plenty of nostalgia and was neat because it was a lot of new concepts being introduced and a bit of a trendsetter of a TV series, but the next generation was just more refined overall.
The original series probably had about as many fist fights as there were in an old western series. Somehow in the future I don't think people will fight with their fist very often

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
So who would win in a fight to the death between Captains Kirk and Picard?

Picard would try to talk it out and convince Kirk to see reason and Kirk, of course, would kill him.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Somehow in the future I don't think people will fight with their fist very often
"Beating somebody up doesn't prove anything.
But a good punch in the mouth proves everything."
~ Glmore's old man

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I gather it is a weekly episode series unlike ones on Netflix of Amazon prime?
If so, I will wait till all is on and binge.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw 1st episode of Picard. I am totally hooked.

PQ is great. SQ is great. Story is great.

Of note, I never saw the Star Trek series with Picard in it so I have no idea what happened in that series.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I grew up with the original series, but the next generation was by far a better series. The original has plenty of nostalgia and was neat because it was a lot of new concepts being introduced and a bit of a trendsetter of a TV series, but the next generation was just more refined overall.
The original series probably had about as many fist fights as there were in an old western series. Somehow in the future I don't think people will fight with their fist very often
What they said.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Of note, I never saw the Star Trek series with Picard in it so I have no idea what happened in that series.
WTF are you waiting for?
Netflix has the complete series IIRC!
This will give you something to binge while you are waiting for the next episode of Picard!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So I read that Seven of Nine is in it. I think I can wait and binge one or two seasons though. :)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
WTF are you waiting for?
Netflix has the complete series IIRC!
This will give you something to binge while you are waiting for the next episode of Picard!
Although PQ and SQ are only part of the experience, I’ve become very spoiled when it comes to PQ. Thus, I can’t watch anything with “lower” PQ, which means all the old stuffs. :D

I tried watching all the ST series when they were initially released, but I really hated all of them.

So I guess ST Discovery and Picard are the only 2 ST series I like. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis