Recommendations for subwoofer driver

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
What is the best compromise we can get With Sealed and Vented?
I certainly cant live with a 10cuFt bookshelf. :eek:

What if we increase sealed to about 6cuft?
What If we decrease vented to 6 cuft?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
What is the best compromise we can get With Sealed and Vented?
I certainly cant live with a 10cuFt bookshelf. :eek:

What if we increase sealed to about 6cuft?
What If we decrease vented to 6 cuft?
I don't think you clicked on the isobarik design.

That has a Vb of under 5 cu.ft and an F3 of 18 Hz which is very compact for a 15" sub.

I will play with the sealed design later. However I doubt it will be smaller than the isobarik design which looks like an absolute killer design. That design models superbly and I'm sure would serve you very well.

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
I don't think you clicked on the isobarik design.

That has a Vb of under 5 cu.ft and an F3 of 18 Hz which is very compact for a 15" sub.

I will play with the sealed design later. However I doubt it will be smaller than the isobarik design which looks like an absolute killer design. That design models superbly and I'm sure would serve you very well.
Mark, I did have a look at that design and visited your website. I prefer two subs to one as last time my 2subs helped quite a bit with room issues. I was simply not happy with 1. Got the DSP and measuring mike post which my subs worked out way better.
I suspect I will face room issues if I run one sub. Secondly only one driver will be arriving now. Not sure when the second one will come.

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
Did you get the time to model the same?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis