What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
@shadyJ
You did this to me! ;)

Labyrinth 1-5, Pete Namlook and Lorenzo Montana

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.
That is one sweet set. You should see my ambient music collection. I was a fiend for that stuff back on the '90s.

-and you have the DTS version! That must have cost a small fortune! Damn, with your sound system, that is going to be music nirvana! Congrats!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That is one sweet set. You should see my ambient music collection. I was a fiend for that stuff back on the '90s.

-and you have the DTS version! That must have cost a small fortune! Damn, with your sound system, that is going to be music nirvana! Congrats!
They are an absolute trip! The music is phenomenal in stereo, but listening to it in 5-channel is beyond special.
Lorenzo has Lab 4 and 5 still for sale on Bandcamp. Lab 2 and 3 were Discog finds.
My correspondence with Lorenzo is what opened the door for Lab 1. More challenging: definitely an indulgence. :)

Again, thank you for the introduction to the Lab series (over in Subwoofer Candy)! It's been a lot of fun checking Namlook's stuff out.

Cheers!

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
489EAD29-8BDB-469A-A349-4E038712F35E.jpeg
88FA22E9-BD54-49B2-B8B8-931E89E6565D.jpeg
0DB7F966-896A-425C-B9F6-1224AAB7CDF5.jpeg

That Jason Mraz album (Live and Acoustic 2001/Live at Java Joes) is without a doubt my favorite album from him! I let my mom borrow my copy, then I just ordered a new one and let her keep the other one. So it’s not my first copy.
The DMB live at the MGM was over $50 new, so I was nah I’ll buy used and got one for about $30.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Added Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom artifacts/props to my Home Theater Bookshelf display (Urn, Sankara Stones that light up, champagne glass + diamond + antidote):

IndianaJonesTrilogyShelf S.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm old school and still like naturally aspirated engines, but the turbo 6 they are putting in those new Q60s now is nice too...and better on gas.
and very underrated from the factory! I have the version they say makes 300 hp and all the stock dynos I've seen have it putting out 295+ at the wheels. But the old NA ones sounded better from the factory than the new turbos do.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
and very underrated from the factory! I have the version they say makes 300 hp and all the stock dynos I've seen have it putting out 295+ at the wheels. But the old NA ones sounded better from the factory than the new turbos do.
Yeah...wifey's car (bmw 535) has a similar engine, twin turbo 6, with 306 hp and 295 torque...it's a bigger car, but still gets good performance. I've gotten really good long term mileage out of both NA V6 engines I've owned...the turbo/supercharger engines, I'm not so sure about...my older age tells me it's just one more thing to falter later on...:)

I'm longing a 2 door coupe myself for my next car...I've test driven the bmw 435i, Q60, MB E class, Audi S5 and the Caddy ATS V...as pure driving cars...I actually like the Caddy the best, it's a beast of a car and handles better than all of them...cost of ownership, the Q60 jumps up considerably, but the Audi S5 is the one I keep coming back to...it has a version of a supercharged V6...but the older ones '12 and prior have a NA V8 in it....I'm toying with buying a V8 version, but in no hurry. My G37 is paid off so I kinda like being car note free for a while longer.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this album used on vinyl. This was a group local to my home town of Ottawa which I found out after the purchase. I've not heard these guys before ..It was a blind purchase.

Wooden Stars "Rise Up and Get Down"

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Accurate hexagonal stem champagne glass from Temple of Doom and accurate shot glasses from Raiders of the Lost Ark "Ravenwood Bar" scenes purchased:

Champagne Glass Hex Close S.jpg
ArkSideShotGlass S.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Let the buyer beware, this is NOT the same type of 'Ultra Lounge' as the late 1990's Capitol Records collections. It only cost me $10.80 plus shipping, I was deceived by the 'Ultra Lounge' logo, very similar to the Capitol Records series. This el-cheapo 2 disc 24 track collection lacks liner notes, and some of the songs have the vinyl record snap-crack-pop, which tells me no remastering was done

IMG_2094.JPG

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was using my gas powered weedeater when it suddeny stopped running. I noticed one of my lines running to the gas tank broke off.. I orderd this kit that comes with fuel line, fuel primer line, 2 gas filters, and 2 primer bulbs for $15.00 Cdn

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah...wifey's car (bmw 535) has a similar engine, twin turbo 6, with 306 hp and 295 torque...it's a bigger car, but still gets good performance. I've gotten really good long term mileage out of both NA V6 engines I've owned...the turbo/supercharger engines, I'm not so sure about...my older age tells me it's just one more thing to falter later on...:)

I'm longing a 2 door coupe myself for my next car...I've test driven the bmw 435i, Q60, MB E class, Audi S5 and the Caddy ATS V...as pure driving cars...I actually like the Caddy the best, it's a beast of a car and handles better than all of them...cost of ownership, the Q60 jumps up considerably, but the Audi S5 is the one I keep coming back to...it has a version of a supercharged V6...but the older ones '12 and prior have a NA V8 in it....I'm toying with buying a V8 version, but in no hurry. My G37 is paid off so I kinda like being car note free for a while longer.
I like the Audi S5, they're super fast. Would make my car feel slow. lol A lot of the appeal with coupes for me is the look, and nothing in my price range could match the Q60 in outright gorgeousness. I am considering swapping out my sway bars to help make it handle more neutral and keep it flatter in the corners. This is my first turbo car, and I've never had a v8, only a couple of NA v6's before this, but I'd imagine a v8 would be a lot of fun. And not having a car payment is always nice. I haven't not had a car payment since 2010.

2channel lover

I like the Audi S5, they're super fast. Would make my car feel slow. lol A lot of the appeal with coupes for me is the look, and nothing in my price range could match the Q60 in outright gorgeousness. I am considering swapping out my sway bars to help make it handle more neutral and keep it flatter in the corners. This is my first turbo car, and I've never had a v8, only a couple of NA v6's before this, but I'd imagine a v8 would be a lot of fun. And not having a car payment is always nice. I haven't not had a car payment since 2010.
For me the S5 blends the performance, and styling very nicely...it’s nose heavy for a coupe, but 4 w drive so while it doesn’t corner as nicely as say the ATS V or the Q60, but accelerating out of turns is fun.

The V6 turbo is actually heavier and slightly quicker than the V8, but the exhaust sound and the smoothness is very enticing.

After thinking about it more...The only way I would really buy the V8 is if I was not a daily driver...I’d need a little pickup or keep the G37 as a daily. There was 6sp manual V8 locally that I looked at ‘12 model yr, $23k with 32k miles...speaking of pmts...I was only out of the G payment a little over a yr...definitely was not ready to dive into another one.

The Q60 is a nice ride...enjoy.

Last edited:
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I got my new Ozmandia made Maltese Falcon in (comparison shot attached with Oz Falcon on the left; I'm putting the Haunted Studios version upstairs on my Roland piano). I think the Oz version has a nicer paint job and more detail and looks more like black enamel over lead.

Falcons Compare 1s.jpg
Falcons Compare 2s.jpg
Oz Falcon Shelf S.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I also got my Relic Maker V2.0 Cross of Coronado from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in today (24K gold covered laser etched pewter with real pearls and gems with a 22k gold chain; probably the priciest prop I own now):

CrossCoronado01s.jpg
CrossCoronado02 flash s.jpg
CrossCoronado03 back s.jpg
BackCornerCross S.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
My 1930s Ronson Master Case lighter I bought on Etsy has arrived in very good condition fully working:

RonsonMasterLighterFront s.jpg
RonsonMasterLighterOpen s.jpg
RonsonMasterLighterBack s.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
For me the S5 blends the performance, and styling very nicely...it’s nose heavy for a coupe, but 4 w drive so while it doesn’t corner as nicely as say the ATS V or the Q60, but accelerating out of turns is fun.

The V6 turbo is actually heavier and slightly quicker than the V8, but the exhaust sound and the smoothness is very enticing.

After thinking about it more...The only way I would really buy the V8 is if I was not a daily driver...I’d need a little pickup or keep the G37 as a daily. There was 6sp manual V8 locally that I looked at ‘12 model yr, $23k with 32k miles...speaking of pmts...I was only out of the G payment a little over a yr...definitely was not ready to dive into another one.

The Q60 is a nice ride...enjoy.
Which q60 model did you test drive? I can only imagine the RedSport is even more fun.

2channel lover

Which q60 model did you test drive? I can only imagine the RedSport is even more fun.
The 3.0 engine, and the new body styling, not sure of the year, but probably '17 model yr.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The 3.0 engine, and the new body styling, not sure of the year, but probably '17 model yr.
They have two versions of the engine: "300 hp" and "400 hp". The RedSport comes with the 400 hp version, all others get the 300 hp version. Some cooling differences between the two and the turbo in the RS has an optical sensor and it calls for more boost from the ecu.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis