Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
So how did this all work out for the UK to date? Oh it didn't. Oops!

The English have stereo-typically been described as individually eccentric but this has just gone off the rails for the nation as a whole, as far as i can see. They went from a position of leadership, along with Germany, in the EU to now being viewed with pessimism in regards to their pigheadedness and arrogance. They had a sweet deal already in place in regards to their currency, being the banker of choice for most European countries and now if they're not careful it can all go up in smoke, depending on the USA and Commonwealth nations, even more so than in the past, to bail them out economically as trading partners.

The old Germans and French of the early 20th century, who viewed themselves as the natural leaders of Europe, must be laughing hysterically as the English self-sabotage themselves, without having to go to war to achieve their longed for aims.

Oi!!! Wake up!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Nobles and Lord's, what's that, bunch of men with titles and claims, In my best William Wallace voice, freedom!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Boris Johnson? That was the best they could come up with? Another man without a plan?

I've always admired the British to an extent but this is turning into a real-life Monty Python bit, cue the laughter.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Nobles and Lord's, what's that, bunch of men with titles and claims, In my best William Wallace voice, freedom!
Yes, and their counterpart is the House of Commons, who are there to prevent the House of Lords from taking control and running amok. Commons is the voice of the people.

highfigh

highfigh

Boris Johnson? That was the best they could come up with? Another man without a plan?

I've always admired the British to an extent but this is turning into a real-life Monty Python bit, cue the laughter.
Not until someone in government starts a sentence with "It's people like you, what causes unrest!".

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Here we have, a 70 plus trillian debt. Both government and private, but yet our borders are being overrun by illegals, millions of illegals in here already. Drug cartels running rampant in the country. Most of the world hates the the USA, so-called sanctuary cities hiding illegals. But yet some States want more Federal money your tax dollars. It goes on and on, Yeah we got it good here in the good ole USA. But yet our armed service people are posted all over the World costing tax payers billions of dollars and countless lives. Bank's are constantly getting bailed out by taxpayers. Health system that's run amok overloaded with bureaucracy and greed and corruption. Just think if we closed our borders completely only letting in commerce. Pull all our military personnel back to protect just our country ship out all the illegals how much would the World loves the USA than?

highfigh

highfigh

Here we have, a 70 plus trillian debt. Both government and private, but yet our borders are being overrun by illegals, millions of illegals in here already. Drug cartels running rampant in the country. Most of the world hates the the USA, so-called sanctuary cities hiding illegals. But yet some States want more Federal money your tax dollars. It goes on and on, Yeah we got it good here in the good ole USA. But yet our armed service people are posted all over the World costing tax payers billions of dollars and countless lives. Bank's are constantly getting bailed out by taxpayers. Health system that's run amok overloaded with bureaucracy and greed and corruption. Just think if we closed our borders completely only letting in commerce. Pull all our military personnel back to protect just our country ship out all the illegals how much would the World loves the USA than?
We pay other countries to play nice and put our military in places that are tinderboxes- how long before it all explodes, if we stop pay for play and stationing our military around the World?

Isolationism- while it may feel good, isn't going to help. We need the other Western countries to step up and pay their share & help where needed, as they will in the areas that are being used by Iran, to hijack oil tankers.

highfigh

highfigh

Actually, we need the Middle Eastern countries to stop being douchebags and for the little pinhead in North Korea to help the people in his country by stepping down. Then, there's Mexico- seems that they're starting to help, but only because they want something from us. What a freaking surprise.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Time for a brief summary of what has transpired since the referendum:
> PM May invokes Article 50, starting the 2-year withdrawal process with the exit date being March 29th, 2019. (Date gets extended twice, with the current exit date being October 31st, 2019)
> PM May calls a general election with the goal of increasing her governments majority and, therefore, strengthening her hand for negotiating a deal with the EU. Ends up scoring an own goal, when her majority is reduced to a minority.
> The EU rejects a UK White paper on the future relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union.
> Brexit agreement is released - EU member states endorse it; UK parliament rejects it - three times - seemingly oblivious to the fact that the EU holds all the cards and will not grant any more concessions.
> PM May announces her resignation after realising that the turd of a mandate she has been handed cannot be polished to a sufficiently high sheen for parliament to accept.
> BoJo becomes PM, promising withdrawal on October 31st, deal or no deal.
> Parliament engineers a blocking move in an effort to prevent prorogation of parliament, which would have facilitated the PM's no-deal withdrawal promise. A no-deal departure is widely viewed as a disastrous alternative to an already poor situation.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Time for a brief summary of what has transpired since the referendum:
> PM May invokes Article 50, starting the 2-year withdrawal process with the exit date being March 29th, 2019. (Date gets extended twice, with the current exit date being October 31st, 2019)
> PM May calls a general election with the goal of increasing her governments majority and, therefore, strengthening her hand for negotiating a deal with the EU. Ends up scoring an own goal, when her majority is reduced to a minority.
> The EU rejects a UK White paper on the future relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union.
> Brexit agreement is released - EU member states endorse it; UK parliament rejects it - three times - seemingly oblivious to the fact that the EU holds all the cards and will not grant any more concessions.
> PM May announces her resignation after realising that the turd of a mandate she has been handed cannot be polished to a sufficiently high sheen for parliament to accept.
> BoJo becomes PM, promising withdrawal on October 31st, deal or no deal.
> Parliament engineers a blocking move in an effort to prevent prorogation of parliament, which would have facilitated the PM's no-deal withdrawal promise. A no-deal departure is widely viewed as a disastrous alternative to an already poor situation.
Brexit is economic suicide. There is clear evidence of Russia's involvement in pushing the false narative sold by Boris and the pro-Brexit group. Basically, Boris sold out it country to Russia so he could get drunk at 10 Downing Street. Oh wait...sounds like Trump.

It's economic suicide. The EU knows that it ust has to stand firm and all major factories in the UK that supply to Europe will move to the EU if no deal is struck. That's a win for the EU countries and a massive fail for the UK. Same goes for all the banks. Without a deal, the banks will move their main operations to EU countries and out of London. It's Scotland and Ireland that are really getting the big end of the bat without lube.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Brexit is economic suicide. There is clear evidence of Russia's involvement in pushing the false narative sold by Boris and the pro-Brexit group. Basically, Boris sold out it country to Russia so he could get drunk at 10 Downing Street. Oh wait...sounds like Trump.

It's economic suicide. The EU knows that it ust has to stand firm and all major factories in the UK that supply to Europe will move to the EU if no deal is struck. That's a win for the EU countries and a massive fail for the UK. Same goes for all the banks. Without a deal, the banks will move their main operations to EU countries and out of London. It's Scotland and Ireland that are really getting the big end of the bat without lube.
You're certainly right about Ireland and Scotland, where majorities voted to remain in the EU. I expect we'll see a boost to Scottish separatist support over the coming months/years. It would not surprise me in the least, that if/when another separation referendum is held, we saw the breakup of the UK. And, the Irish Backstop looks like an attempt to become "half-pregnant". BoJo says he wants to ditch the backstop, resulting in the return to a hard border, which the Irish really do not want to see.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You're certainly right about Ireland and Scotland, where majorities voted to remain in the EU. I expect we'll see a boost to Scottish separatist support over the coming months/years. It would not surprise me in the least, that if/when another separation referendum is held, we saw the breakup of the UK. And, the Irish Backstop looks like an attempt to become "half-pregnant". BoJo says he wants to ditch the backstop, resulting in the return to a hard border, which the Irish really do not want to see.
The legacy of former prime minister Cameron will not be particularly great, I gather. The EU referendum did not pan out as expected, with great costs now and in the future as well if the Brexit actually happens. In addition he may even be the cause of breaking up UK with Scotland leaving, and the Ireland situation is not good either.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
England will reduce itself to Greece economically if its not careful. You think Brittons had it bad under Maggy Thatcher? That will pale in comparison. Brexit was a bad idea and sold to the masses much like Trump sees any other news station othern than Fox as fake news.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

There will be Brexit by Nov. 1 I think.

The EU started as a free trade organisation but has morphed into one of the most restrictive trade organisations.

The UK has always been a trading nation, and since the premiership of Sir Robert Peel in the nineteenth century has been a free trading nation pretty much. The seminal event was the repeal of the highly restrictive corn laws that had been exacerbating poverty and hunger.

The Irish backstop has to go. That would leave the UK chained to EU trading policy and regs. By the way there will not be a hard border in Northern Ireland, the locals won't stand for it. Unless the EU want to send in their non existent army, then there is nothing they can do about it.

A new day has dawned and Boris Johnson got off to a cracking start purging remoaners. A general election might have to be called over a no confidence vote, but I don't think there are enough votes to stop no deal.

The whole set up of the EU is antidemocratic. The next president to succeed Claude Junker, aka Drunker, was put in place after a giant stitch up and total disregard of a new system designed to make the selection just slightly more democratic. This would be like the US abandoning Presidential elections and having the President chosen by the "chosen few" behind closed doors and then the one choice presented to the senate for rubber stamping.

The EU has become not what the UK signed up for and they will now leave and be open to the world for business.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis