Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
No way Bush could ever put these words together, "We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism. Forgotten the dynamism ...".

He must have had that written for him and practiced it these last few years of America being Great again.

I mean we have all heard him speak in public. I defy anybody to find any other example of him using words with more than two syllables. :D

Settle down, righties. I am prone to hyperbole. :p
I think you're misunderestimating him.

1556976129437.png
1556976129437.png

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

Thanks for making my point! If you think a guy who went to the best private prep schools, Yale and Harvard actually talks like that? No seriously, you actually think that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ever hear about the good ol' boy from Texas who was walking through the quad at Harvard, a bit lost? As another student approached, he asked in his best drawl, "Do you know where the library is at?" and his question was answered with a snobby "Here, at Harvard, we don't end questions with a preposition". The Texan said, "OK, can you tell me where the library is at, a$$hole?".

highfigh

highfigh

While I am a fan of some of his policies and follow through on campaign promises I’m not a fan of the man. What bothers me more than Trump is that he is a reflection of the state of America and that neither party can put forth a candidate with true merit.

To answer the question you didn’t ask, no I’m not a Republican but I’m definitely Conservative. I’m Libertarian in the fact that your business is none of mine and definitely not the Governments and Communism is the greatest idea in the history of man so long as the Government has zero to do with it!
Voting for him and liking him are two completely different things. If people don't like him but he somehow does things for the country that they do like, which DO NOT include racism, hard-line nationalism (protecting our borders isn't the same) and the economy improves, it's not necessarily bad.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Voting for him and liking him are two completely different things. If people don't like him but he somehow does things for the country that they do like, which DO NOT include racism, hard-line nationalism (protecting our borders isn't the same) and the economy improves, it's not necessarily bad.
By now it should be clear to most that this goes far beyond just not "liking" Trump, and towards what kind of personal values one has.

I've earlier quipped that "The Trump Presidency is a litmus test of peoples character", and surely Trump is corrosive in this regard. A few days ago the former F.B.I. director wrote an op-ed James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr on this very topic. It's a good read:

"Amoral leaders have a way of revealing the character of those around them. Sometimes what they reveal is inspiring. For example, James Mattis, the former secretary of defense, resigned over principle, a concept so alien to Mr. Trump that it took days for the president to realize what had happened, before he could start lying about the man.

But more often, proximity to an amoral leader reveals something depressing."​

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
By now it should be clear to most that this goes far beyond just not "liking" Trump, and towards what kind of personal values one has.

I've earlier quipped that "The Trump Presidency is a litmus test of peoples character", and surely Trump is corrosive in this regard. A few days ago the former F.B.I. director wrote an op-ed James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr on this very topic. It's a good read:

"Amoral leaders have a way of revealing the character of those around them. Sometimes what they reveal is inspiring. For example, James Mattis, the former secretary of defense, resigned over principle, a concept so alien to Mr. Trump that it took days for the president to realize what had happened, before he could start lying about the man.

But more often, proximity to an amoral leader reveals something depressing."​
I agree but more so I think Trump’s presidency is a litmus test of the nation as a whole, that bothers me more.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Hilarious discussion. So much ignorance. Mueller's report concluded they could not prove any collusion. Half the country believes illegal methods were used during the investigation, so now that is being investigated. It doesn't matter how you feel or what you think. Nobody here knows more than a tiny fraction of the story, yet everybody knows what should be done. The Right complained when Obama surrounded himself with like-minded staff. The Left complains when Trump surrounds himself with like-minded staff. They say when you marry, you marry the whole family. It is the same when you vote. Grow up. Let's uncover the facts. A liberal investigator and his liberal staff dug into Russian collusion for 2 years and could find no proof. How is it that any reasonable and fair-minded individual would not be interested to find the truth about illegal tactics alleged in the Mueller investigation? Whether you like it or not, conservatives are vindicated by the Mueller investigation... (no proof of criminal activity). Anybody wanna bet whether the same conclusion will be found in the investigation of Mueller?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hilarious discussion. So much ignorance. Mueller's report concluded they could not prove any collusion. Half the country believes illegal methods were used during the investigation, so now that is being investigated. It doesn't matter how you feel or what you think. Nobody here knows more than a tiny fraction of the story, yet everybody knows what should be done. The Right complained when Obama surrounded himself with like-minded staff. The Left complains when Trump surrounds himself with like-minded staff. They say when you marry, you marry the whole family. It is the same when you vote. Grow up. Let's uncover the facts. A liberal investigator and his liberal staff dug into Russian collusion for 2 years and could find no proof. How is it that any reasonable and fair-minded individual would not be interested to find the truth about illegal tactics alleged in the Mueller investigation? Whether you like it or not, conservatives are vindicated by the Mueller investigation... (no proof of criminal activity). Anybody wanna bet whether the same conclusion will be found in the investigation of Mueller?
Giuliani, is that you?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Hilarious discussion. So much ignorance. Mueller's report concluded they could not prove any collusion. ..
Is that what the report said? Really? Did you bother to read the report? You should.
No proof? Of course there is proof, just not beyond a reasonable doubt, criminal level of it.
Mueller said collusion is not what they looked at but conspiracy.
Second, with all the lies, 5th amendment claim and out of country witnesses, they could not come to a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt.
That is not a no Russian intense election interference, contacts with the Trump outfit during election, etc. But, extensive contacts with the staff.
As to obstruction, at least 10 solid instance of it. Unfortunately, that DOJ rule of no prosecution is the key for no prosecution.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I would think that if Mueller had found evidence of obstruction then he would have pushed it further rather than come to no conclusion. I thought his task was to either indict (guilty) or not indict (not guilty) regardless of the sitting president rule. If he was to have suggested indictment then it would have been up to Barr to either push it or not.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
So you believe that Mueller is a left-leaning liberal? Even though he's been a life-long registered Republican and a self-admitted conservative. Fascinating.

That's alright though, now we'll have Iran to distract us.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I would think that if Mueller had found evidence of obstruction then he would have pushed it further rather than come to no conclusion. I thought his task was to either indict (guilty) or not indict (not guilty) regardless of the sitting president rule. If he was to have suggested indictment then it would have been up to Barr to either push it or not.
But Muller did find evidence of obstruction, but where it not for opinions rendered by the Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel that a sitting President can not be indicted, he probably would.

If it had been anyone but Trump, that person would have faced multiple felony charges for obstruction. There is a statement by former federal prosecutors (over 600, by now, I think) saying just that: STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL even the drumph is now saying almost exonerated...he would definitely have been charged with obstruction if not for standing tradition of not indicting a sitting president. (Trell beat me to it as I was typing that :) ). The attorney general is obviously following party lines instead of his duties as our top law enforcement officer and trying to cover it up with his poor "summary". The drumpf is just a grifter and the report only reinforces that. If he had voluntarily disclosed personal finances we'd probably not even had this financial moron in office to begin with.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

He cannot indict per DOJ guidelines. Mueller would not go against those guidelines, too much of a straight arrow. He can investigate and make a report. This report was meant for Congress. They are the only one that can act on it until he leaves office and before the statue of limitation of 5 years.
I would suggest you to read the report.
Barr is a Trump lapdog. He auditioned for the job by a long explanation letter why the president cannot be charged, period.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

But Muller did find evidence of obstruction, but where it not for opinions rendered by the Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel that a sitting President can not be indicted, he probably would.

If it had been anyone but Trump, that person would have faced multiple felony charges for obstruction. There is a statement by former federal prosecutors (over 600, by now, I think) saying just that: STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS
Yes, indeed.
Now there are over 800 signatories and both republicans and democrats on that list.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
So you believe that Mueller is a left-leaning liberal? Even though he's been a life-long registered Republican and a self-admitted conservative. Fascinating.

That's alright though, now we'll have Iran to distract us.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.
I never mentioned anything about Muellers political ideals

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I never mentioned anything about Muellers political ideals
herbu stated "A liberal investigator and his liberal staff dug into Russian collusion for 2 years and could find no proof.", I was responding to him not you. Either way, that's not Mueller and his staff?

What am I missing here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis