Status
Not open for further replies.
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider valid reasons to deny service/support on an in-warranty product?

But you're not wrong. I am leaving stuff out.

Mostly stuff that would put them in a worse light than I have. But I have copies of every exchange I've had with them from the moment this started. Only thing I don't have a copy of is the phone call I made to the sales line & the tech support manager told me to "truck off" and hung up on me. Guess I could have included that factoid, but honestly, it seemed a bit gratuitous at this point. I just wanted to see if anyone else had run into similar problems.
I had a similar but different issue with a very reputable speaker company a year ago. Customer service Wasn't good either. I just cut my lost and moved on. But they did lose a customer.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Might try Emotiva. I purchased a Bas-X product which is their entry level and they have been very responsive to my questions. I haven’t had any issues. Sometimes companies suffer growing pains. They don’t always hire good managers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
Like I said, I am not saying that you aren't justified in your reaction, I am just saying maybe there is a missing ingredient here that explains their reaction. Something that would constitute a valid denial of warranty support would be product abuse. If they feel for some reason that you aren't being honest about the situation, they may be upset about that. Maybe there was a misunderstanding, and maybe it could be resolved if we heard their side of the story.
Dude, that made me laugh. "product abuse?"

Is that anything like self-abuse?
Or like I stuck my wang in it without permission?

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
Might try Emotiva. I purchased a Bas-X product which is their entry level and they have been very responsive to my questions. I haven’t had any issues. Sometimes companies suffer growing pains. They don’t always hire good managers.

I have TWO Emotiva amps currently and I love them dearly. Right now my Oppo is doing the preamp work that the Outlaw can't manage anymore . But I'm an Emotiva fan for life based on those amps. Great stuff. Outstanding actually.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic

Every 60 seconds a Power Amp gets sexually abused in this country. Let’s do our part to end this amplifier abuse. Like and Share if you want to make a difference.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

I'm just saying, there are ways you can invalidate your warranty. If you break your product by running it over with a truck, that would rightfully invalidate the warranty.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm just saying, there are ways you can invalidate your warranty. If you break your product by running it over with a truck, that would rightfully invalidate the warranty.
That... would... invalidate?! o_O

:rolleyes::p:cool:

I totally agree with Shady's thoughts. There is something that isn't adding up.

I want to stress, I am not saying that OP doesn't have a valid complaint or case. Yet something clearly triggered this response from Outlaw. Most small businesses, in my experience, can't afford to say no, even if saying yes costs more. That said, maybe it has nothing to do with OP, and something else is at play.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Should not outlaw then answer the call or reply email and explain that? Their service looks terrible anyway

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Every 60 seconds a Power Amp gets sexually abused in this country. Let’s do our part to end this amplifier abuse. Like and Share if you want to make a difference.

For a long time I had to switch from ported to sealed speakers because I didn't feel I could trust myself.

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
That... would... invalidate?! o_O

:rolleyes::p:cool:

I totally agree with Shady's thoughts. There is something that isn't adding up.

I want to stress, I am not saying that OP doesn't have a valid complaint or case. Yet something clearly triggered this response from Outlaw. Most small businesses, in my experience, can't afford to say no, even if saying yes costs more. That said, maybe it has nothing to do with OP, and something else is at play.
I think you're right about Outlaw's triggered response.

As soon as their tech support manager refused to grant me any further support, I called their sales line (their "support line" just tells you to use their ticketing system), and that guy (who is clearly more than just a manager, this is not Best Buy. If Outlaw has ten employees I'd be surprised) answered and started screaming at me, from that moment forward it's been clear that I typed something that triggered this guy. To me they seemed defensive and weirdly hostile from the begining, but the truth is, I can be a total lord helmet. Their ticketing system is idiotic and frustrating and I suppose I came across like I was talking down to some flunkies AND that I'm not a total gear head. The managing partner at Outlaw in his email to me explained that both the "tech support" guys are actually engineers and told me most of what I needed to know about how it was that I managed to get under their skin over the course of several exchanges. These guys know everything about these products, I basically don't know poop, but I assumed that Outlaw was like most companies I interact with, and that they had farmed out their tech support to people who work off scripts.

So anyway, if your looking for the "triggering event" it was me.

That said, none of how this has played out since I condescended to a coupla gear heads is in anyway justifible. The managing partner could have resolved the whole thing in his email. Instead he opted to threaten legal action against me and defended his guy as if Outlaw were somehow the injured party. I've not abused the product, or Outlaw in any fashion. I hurt the feelings of a sensitive AV expert, which I regret, but that hardly justifies their response.

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
Oh, and since I'm new here I did not realize that this forum auto corrects harsh language.

So I'd just like to assure folks that I did not type "truck off," "poop," or "lord helmet," evidently there may be children present. :eek:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, and since I'm new here I did not realize that this forum auto corrects harsh language.

So I'd just like to assure folks that I did not type "truck off," "poop," or "lord helmet," evidently there may be children present. :eek:
Yeah, it's very annoying and intrusive. For example, the proper name "D!ck" gets changed to "lord helmet"? Silly. Mr. Van Dyke would be offended. Especially silly since the site owner himself once started a thread entitled something like "The Motherfuckers...", regarding an offshore group who stole site content. @gene can you turn off the profanity replacement?

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I was thinking of getting a couple of their monoblocks, No way will I deal with a company that has poor customer service or an attitude.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I think you're right about Outlaw's triggered response.

As soon as their tech support manager refused to grant me any further support, I called their sales line (their "support line" just tells you to use their ticketing system), and that guy (who is clearly more than just a manager, this is not Best Buy. If Outlaw has ten employees I'd be surprised) answered and started screaming at me, from that moment forward it's been clear that I typed something that triggered this guy. To me they seemed defensive and weirdly hostile from the begining, but the truth is, I can be a total lord helmet. Their ticketing system is idiotic and frustrating and I suppose I came across like I was talking down to some flunkies AND that I'm not a total gear head. The managing partner at Outlaw in his email to me explained that both the "tech support" guys are actually engineers and told me most of what I needed to know about how it was that I managed to get under their skin over the course of several exchanges. These guys know everything about these products, I basically don't know poop, but I assumed that Outlaw was like most companies I interact with, and that they had farmed out their tech support to people who work off scripts.

So anyway, if your looking for the "triggering event" it was me.

That said, none of how this has played out since I condescended to a coupla gear heads is in anyway justifible. The managing partner could have resolved the whole thing in his email. Instead he opted to threaten legal action against me and defended his guy as if Outlaw were somehow the injured party. I've not abused the product, or Outlaw in any fashion. I hurt the feelings of a sensitive AV expert, which I regret, but that hardly justifies their response.
You may have been less than perfectly polite, but that ticketing system and their subsequent responses still motivate me to stay away from them until I see evidence that they're changed their stripes. I will say this, when I had output level problems with my 975, Outlaw was responsive to email and phone calls, and at least sounded sympathetic. But my problem was clearly a design oversight on their part, and in the end I just had to live with it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm hoping someone from Outlaw would give their POV.

From what we've seen, it seems like Outlaw will only take care of you if they can repair the defect. But if they can't repair it, then you are 100% SCREWED.

Would Yamaha do this to any clients?

Recently a member here had issues with his Yamaha RX-A3080 and the WiFi streaming service (like Pandora). He communicated with Yamaha and they tried to fix the issue, but not to his satisfaction.

What did Yamaha do?

They agreed to send him a BRAND NEW RX-A3080 as long as he was willing to return this RX-A3080 back to them (Yamaha also sent him the Prepaid Return Label).

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
More to point:
Ir would be an absolute shame if Outlaw were to fail. Though they seemingly have had a good, successful run for a while. Since I haven't had a bad experience yet, I'm also loathe to consider not buying again from them if the product fits my need and budget.
Admittedly, as sexy as the 975 comes across at the price point it sits in, that is one product I wouldn't consider for myself, maybe not even the 976. But the Amps and Subs, and possibly the speakers... yes.
Moreover, having dealt with D&M/Sound United CS for a warranty service call, TWICE for the same issue, it is a supremely frustrating experience. That said, we humans created bureaucracy for a reason, and business employs that as a layer of protection. Jumping through Sound United's hoops sucked. Waiting two weeks for them to ship me a box and foam for my second service call was abject stupidity at its finest... all of it.
Never once did I lose my sh!t on any of their peons, though, no matter how ridiculous it got. There is never a good reason, no matter the frustration level, to act like that. That Outlaw acted like that is just as wrong, too. No, worse. It is horrible and embarrassing; completely shameful that "professionalism" bows out so readily when emotions are engaged.
Now, just short of legal pathways for failing to support their warranty, your options are few. You walk away and replace the 975. You pursue filing complaints with your state, and Massachusetts, if for no other reason than the principle behind holding a company responsible for their actions. And lastly, actually engage the services of a lawyer. Replacing the 975 would be cheaper and less stressful.
For Outlaws part, they or their repair partner should have contacted you about the condition of your 975 and informed you of what they found and did or did not do. If they found a reason to deny warranty coverage, they should have documented that and likewise informed you of their decision. And that is all that I would expect a company to do. A 'Humanistic' company might have replaced the unit if they found fault in it, but lets face it... we humans seem to be getting progressively worse at taking care of our own.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I've NEVER had that issue with my ported subs. I would never treat them in such a terrible manner:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis