I'm so angry with the U.S. and Chinese governments right now!

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Whether he earned it or not isn't for you to say. Let the American people judge him.

Stay on the moral high ground by saying "I wish he hadn't said that" or "I wish he'd offer some assistance as we continue to support the extradition treaty process". This is likely something we would all agree on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think the drumpf deserves criticism from not just the US but everyone. He's that big an asswipe. He has never held back on flapping his little anus of a mouth and criticized people for anything that occurred to him, so just fair he gets it right back. There is no high ground any more, the drumpf has dragged everything down to his level....

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
So are we opening international criticism for him, or every US President who does something stupid? Maybe it's open season for all politicians across the world?

My views are very similar to yours but I try very hard not to get too preachy with other nations as they work to solve problems -- even when these are of their own creation. The administration adopted this approach during the Cold War and it did us no favors. So let's not make the problem worse by adopting their stupid practices and inviting the world to join in.

There's a fine line between frustration and criticism. Just as there's a fine line between offering views and dictating them. When you start talking about pi$$ing on corpses, it's an indication that lines are being crossed.

It's rude and, in my experience, very unCanadian.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That does not stop you from having some very strong opinions about Merkel and Germany o_O

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So are we opening international criticism for him, or every US President who does something stupid? Maybe it's open season for all politicians across the world?

My views are very similar to yours but I try very hard not to get too preachy with other nations as they work to solve problems -- even when these are of their own creation. The administration adopted this approach during the Cold War and it did us no favors. So let's not make the problem worse by adopting their stupid practices and inviting the world to join in.

There's a fine line between frustration and criticism. Just as there's a fine line between offering views and dictating them. When you start talking about pi$$ing on corpses, it's an indication that lines are being crossed.

It's rude and, in my experience, very unCanadian.
LOL as if people outside the US care if we bless their criticism or not, they're going to do it anyways. It's kind of like being a celebrity, you open yourself up to this sort of thing and someone who is more celebrity than substance like the drumpf is just going to garner more of it. I think its just indicative of the volatile mess the drumpf is that he got the Canadians riled up....and my Canadian friends are just as vocal about displeasure with their own ol' Sunny Ways (I think that's how a few refer to him at least), too :)

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
That does not stop you from having some very strong opinions about Merkel and Germany o_O
I have observations, but did not go so far as to tell the German people what do about their policies. Nor did I suggest what I might do if she was laying in the street.

One would be presumptuous, the other excessively rude.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
LOL as if people outside the US care if we bless their criticism or not, they're going to do it anyways. It's kind of like being a celebrity, you open yourself up to this sort of thing and someone who is more celebrity than substance like the drumpf is just going to garner more of it. I think its just indicative of the volatile mess the drumpf is that he got the Canadians riled up....and my Canadian friends are just as vocal about displeasure with their own ol' Sunny Ways (I think that's how a few refer to him at least), too :)
What Canadians say about their own guy is entirely up to them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What Canadians say about their own guy is entirely up to them.
I'm sure the Canadians don't mind others criticizing "their guy"....any more than they care what you think they should do in the first place.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
I'm sure the Canadians don't mind others criticizing "their guy"....any more than they care what you think they should do in the first place.
Maybe, but it's up to them to extend that invitation before I'd think about doing so.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe, but it's up to them to extend that invitation before I'd think about doing so.
So you'd go about that how exactly? Ask some random Canadian dude in an audio forum if it's okay with him? Good grief.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
It's not as hard as you appear to suggest...

If a self-identified Canadian opened a post by saying that he was exasperated with one of his/her politicians and solicited others' views, then THAT would be an invitation to pile onboard.

But a Canadian starting a post called "I'm so angry with the US (et al) government..." is rather presumptuous.

I think Canadians are decent folk.. they're good Allies, partners, and neighbors. Their political views usually align with mine too (social liberal, fiscal conservative).

I tried to nudge the discussion towards a more productive path by talking about the similarities of politicians the world over (they're of pretty low quality the world over, if you ask me). Tried that a second time by asking GO to reflect on how the Canadian PM has made things difficult on himself (I wasn't criticizing but reminding him of things that the Canadian press is saying ATM).

But nope! GO would rather stick with schooling those who would listen how much better the world might be if we all dumped our prez (which wouldn't bother me in the slightest) and amend our foreign policy in Canada's favor (again, don't have a big issue with that).

Friction arises, however, when he takes it upon himself (without benefit of citizenship) to offer such views uninvited. I wouldn't accept this behavior from a Canadian, just as I wouldn't accept it from a Russian (they tried that during the last election) or Chinese. Indeed, the fact he was a Canadian prompted me to start with the soft approach because, being congenial people, they deserve the courtesy.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's not as hard as you appear to suggest...

If a self-identified Canadian opened a post by saying that he was exasperated with one of his/her politicians and solicited others' views, then THAT would be an invitation to pile onboard.

But a Canadian starting a post called "I'm so angry with the US (et al) government..." is rather presumptuous.
Look who's being presumptuous! LOL. Since I'm a self-identified US citizen (after all Canadians are Americans too) I'm welcoming all Canadians to please express any opinion whatsoever about out piece of crap president/politician of choice.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Look who's being presumptuous! LOL. Since I'm a self-identified US citizen (after all Canadians are Americans too) I'm welcoming all Canadians to please express any opinion whatsoever about out piece of crap president/politician of choice.
Nonsense. Canadians are not Americans.

Regardless, start a bashing thread and invite everyone to pile on! As an American, you have every right to speak your mind and host a discussion on the state of the republic.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nonsense. Canadians are not Americans.

Regardless, start a bashing thread and invite everyone to pile on! As an American, you have every right to speak your mind and host a discussion on the state of the republic.
Sorry, even Mexicans are Americans. They're in North America.....then there's Central America and South America. That's a lot of Americans! Those in the US don't own "American" any more than Amerigo (Americus) Vespucci's name should have anything to do with it in the first place :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
To whom it may concern:
Upon reflection, the statement "I wouldn't pi$$ on him if he was on fire" was made in the heat of the moment. I withdraw that comment and apologize, as it was over the top.

HOWEVER, I stand by my criticism of DT, as it is certainly fitting. Not being a citizen of any particular country does not disqualify a person from voicing criticism of any of that country's politicians. To claim otherwise is ludicrous. Does JT deserve criticism for his blunders? Most certainly. By all means, pile on. However, if I was forced to choose between them as a national leader, there would be no problem in the choosing.

After the arrest of the Canadians, if the US government had been silent about it, it would have been preferable to what Trump did, which was to suggest that he might make her a bargaining chip. I'm pretty sure that her defense team at the extradition hearing will make that a key part of their strategy.

Meng is most certainly a Canadian/American problem. After all, it's the US government that wants her extradited, not Canada.

Last edited:
GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
To whom it may concern:
Upon reflection, the statement "I wouldn't pi$$ on him if he was on fire" was made in the heat of the moment. I withdraw that comment and apologize, as it was over the top.

HOWEVER, I stand by my criticism of DT, as it is certainly fitting. Not being a citizen of any particular country does not disqualify a person from voicing criticism of any of that country's politicians. To claim otherwise is ludicrous. Does JT deserve criticism for his blunders? Most certainly. By all means, pile on. However, if I was forced to choose between them as a national leader, there would be no problem in the choosing.

After the arrest of the Canadians, if the US government had been silent about it, it would have been preferable to what Trump did, which was to suggest that he might make her a bargaining chip. I'm pretty sure that her defense team at the extradition hearing will make that a key part of their strategy.

Meng is most certainly a Canadian/American problem. After all, it's the US government that wants her extradited, not Canada.
Agree.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
I can't believe anymore would vote for an orange piece of garbage that has great things to say about dictators like Putin, and Kim. The lavish praise of Kim over the last few days must have made you so proud. That includes taking the murderous dictators word about the torture of Otto Warmbier.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
What do you have against orange people?
As kew will tell you, I'm more about defending political ideas than I am defending politicians. Trump is no different, he's done things I like and he's done things I don't like. He was not my first choice, but he's a whole heckuva lot better than the alternative that hillary was. I'm not happy about choosing the least of 2 evils every election.

If you want to start casting stones, the reason why trump is having to deal with n korea, is because of democrat foreign policy deals, "thanks bill clinton". Obama was setting up a showdown with a nuclear iran with his cute lil deals. Both political parties are responsible for the mess you see in washington.

As government expands, liberty contracts

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What do you have against orange people?
As kew will tell you, I'm more about defending political ideas than I am defending politicians. Trump is no different, he's done things I like and he's done things I don't like. He was not my first choice, but he's a whole heckuva lot better than the alternative that hillary was. I'm not happy about choosing the least of 2 evils every election.

If you want to start casting stones, the reason why trump is having to deal with n korea, is because of democrat foreign policy deals, "thanks bill clinton". Obama was setting up a showdown with a nuclear iran with his cute lil deals. Both political parties are responsible for the mess you see in washington.

As government expands, liberty contracts
There is much wrong here, have a good time with it all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Sorry, even Mexicans are Americans. They're in North America.....then there's Central America and South America. That's a lot of Americans! Those in the US don't own "American" any more than Amerigo (Americus) Vespucci's name should have anything to do with it in the first place :)
What would you prefer?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis