warfedale vs canton vs cambridge

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
I have been looking at the warfedale diamond 10.2, canton GLE 426, and Cambridge SX 60 as bookshelf speakers for my fronts in a 2-channel setup for music. I recently bought the Dayton 1000 sub and I really like it. my room is 15x15 area. these are about 300 dollars which is what I want to spend. can I get some opinions on these 3 as my choices. thanks so much!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I had a pair of the Canton GLE 496's (towers in the GLE series) last year and they were fantastic sounding speakers! A very "rich" sound is how I could best describe them. Very impressive for "entry level" speakers.

Can't help you with the others though.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are discontinued
Although cost increases have forced us to discontinue the highly popular Affordable Accuracy Monitor, we are pleased to offer an upgraded replacement that features a premium silk dome tweeter from Morel of France.
New higher price of $290/pr still in OP's budget

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
I only listen to music with my setup. I am torn between so many choices in this price range that I have been over this in my head for months now and don't know what to do. I am coming from a polk RTI6 bookshelfs and I am about to go crazy!:(

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I only listen to music with my setup. I am torn between so many choices in this price range that I have been over this in my head for months now and don't know what to do. I am coming from a polk RTI6 bookshelfs and I am about to go crazy!:(
AA's I've linked have undisputed leaders in audio quality at their price point.
You may have other sound preferences, but AAs would play more accurately (and close to the source) than any of [pretty good] speakers you've selected.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Oh this is audioholics lol.

On AVS Dennis has told us that he is now only offering the BMR’s and Phil 3’s which have both been increased to $1800 and $4000 respectively.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
AA's I've linked have undisputed leaders in audio quality at their price point.
You may have other sound preferences, but AAs would play more accurately (and close to the source) than any of [pretty good] speakers you've selected.
I have a Yamaha RX V475 as my receiver. will this power these speakers?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh this is audioholics lol.

On AVS Dennis has told us that he is now only offering the BMR’s and Phil 3’s which have both been increased to $1800 and $4000 respectively.
Confirmed... Dennis told me over the phone he was discontinuing the AA+s, and posted that the other models were being discontinued as well. In time, he may get his schematics posted for the crossovers for any with the DIY itch. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@jsf0656 any particular reason why you are only considering the Diamond 10.2's, GLE426's, and the Cambridge SX60's? What kind of budget are you working with? Are you willing to consider other alternatives?

Cheers,

Phil

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
@jsf0656 any particular reason why you are only considering the Diamond 10.2's, GLE426's, and the Cambridge SX60's? What kind of budget are you working with? Are you willing to consider other alternatives?

Cheers,

Phil
300 is about all I can do. I am retired and don't want to get ahead of myself as we are on a fixed income so I am kinda conservative!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
300 is about all I can do. I am retired and don't want to get ahead of myself as we are on a fixed income so I am kinda conservative!
The Diamond 10.2's are going to be warmer than the others. I have owned the Diamond 220's and the Denton 80th Anniversary speakers. The 220's are more neutral whereas the Denton's are warmer. Wharfedale speakers typically have warmth in the mids with a buttery smooth top end. Very good musically.

Neutral speakers are going to reveal the flaws in said recordings. Not so much w/warmer sounding speakers. Personally, I loved both the 220's and the Dentons and my preference is ONLY music. In short, I can't recommend the Wharfedale speakers enough. The 220's/225's can be had @musicdirect.com B-stock/Open box. Might want to check them out.

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers?category=Speakers&specials=Demo&brand=Wharfedale&sort=popularity|DESC&page=1&pagesize=24&c1=tab-products&c2=grid

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis