RBH Sound Owner's Thread

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Still no EQ or Tones Control allowed for you mister! :D
Still no EQ or Tones Control allowed for you mister! :D
Umm, Well your right about Tone Controls, Manual EQ, plus all of the other things they throw in a Damm AVR! I now fully understand why some of the old timer, don’t like AVR’s. One thing I will say, TLS Guys has a very good point and I would have to agree with him. AVR’s are some “Nasty Little Things” I gave this hobby some very Serious thought. Especially after I got done with everything. If I had known about the wrong connectors on the driver from Jump. I wouldn’t of had a very hard time sitting all of my settings at first. Cause 1. before they came in Andrew (ADTG) where texting. In the (short) I told him I like to open up under the hood so to speak, like pull one driver out or pull the XO out to do a look see. I have always done that with this hobby, Than I go do Research from what I’m finding. Well I asked Andrew if he had done that before, his flip back was, me to but I would be afraid to Scratch them. So I agreed with him on that. Plus the review and the test results Steve and Shady J was, Pretty damn Stellar! That is the first time I have Never pulled out a driver or XO first on a new pair of speakers. Maybe just maybe some old Habits aren’t bad after all? Thinking about it now wish I had! Damn da bad luck uhu.

Sketchy

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Very good news Mr. Mike! What exactly did you do to rectify everything? Your experience may be of help to others here. My Mom always said experience is the best teacher. Anyways, we are all glad you got it worked out. Now set back and enjoy! :) Have a blessed, stress-free day Mike!

Cheers,

Phil
Thank you Phil! And top of the morning Brother!! Phil I’m headed over to my Sons home to watch the Saints/Bengals game. So I will be on and off in here.

Sketchy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thank you Phil! And top of the morning Brother!! Phil I’m headed over to my Sons home to watch the Saints/Bengals game. So I will be on and off in here.

Sketchy
No worries Mike. Enjoy your game. It should be a good one. Might be able to catch it myself. Will certainly check and see. Doing some cooking today. Just got done with the prep. Using one of my MOM's recipes. She was an amazing cook. Anyways, have a blessed day. :)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I will stay this than I will never say this again a Elite... Drew Brees is an Assassin!!!!!:D:D:p Topped off with a Lil Salt and Pepper!
Kamara and Imgeram!!:p
Mike Sketchy man!!!! Who Dat!! :D

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well having 10 drivers with the wrong connectors didn’t help Either. RBH Quality control Definitely dropped the ball on that one
Maybe too soon to ask but were the tweeters or other drivers definitely damaged or just loose?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
No worries Mike. Enjoy your game. It should be a good one. Might be able to catch it myself. Will certainly check and see. Doing some cooking today. Just got done with the prep. Using one of my MOM's recipes. She was an amazing cook. Anyways, have a blessed day. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Phil, will inbox you tonight, we going to a good chat like the old days!

Mije

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Maybe too soon to ask but were the tweeters or other drivers definitely damaged or just loose?
Tweeters are good in both Towers, They had the Factory Connectors. Someone went into those Towers and Butchered RBH’s good name. I feel that a Factory defect like this should be Investigated. Knowing how the World works Especially coonA ..s that live down here in the South. I wouldn’t put it passed anything. Specially Here, If I could put up the finger in Spades!! I’m going to see just where , Dealer B&M site I have the site, they came from. Oh this isn’t over. RBH has been around way to long. I know who’s behind this to , Evil is what it is.

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, will inbox you tonight, we going to a good chat like the old days!

Mije
Okay Mike I should be on. Kind of a lazy afternoon here for me. Just in a cooking mood. Needless to say, it turned out pretty good. Now time for a good nap......LOL!!! Enjoy your game! :)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Only Damage is to the top Mid Driver on my left front Tower. It was in very tight I was trying not scar my Tower or break the bevel of the speaker box. It was in so tight where the screws go into the driver prying beveled up two holes. Other than that all is good. The Tweeters had the factory connectors with the clear protector over the female end, the wires on the - side of the drivers I could tell the wires had been cut and replaced with cheap female connectors Really bad work loose strands of wire off the the side of the female connectors. Who ever did this JOB surly was an Installation tech Probably a helper or (hand) that would go into say a home to do Installation of speakers at home. Who goes around lying about what he really doesn’t do. I have seen this type of work before. Andrew called into a RBH Dealer cause I told him to get Brian to hold a pair for me. Well the only store I found close to me was, Houma Louisiana I still have the number and site, I told Andrew I was thinking of driving up to Houma. Let me find out that this shady deal went down like I believe it did. I will file File a Court small claims against everyone Involved. I have all of my Correspondence with Andrew, and Records of phone calls made. They had about two weeks time to f..k up a really nice pair of RBH Impression elite speakers. Cause Brian (RBH) was holding a pair for me. Thing is Quality control in a factory in No way would have let a pair of mid Level high Speakers our the door much less off the Assembly-line. I know who is behind this. All I say I know now, and the one should count their blessings I’m the Man I am.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure what happened but can’t help but be wary of RBH. It’s possible they just made it that way.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Not sure what happened but can’t help but be wary of RBH. It’s possible they just made it that way.
I see Now Why You have to a Dealer, Courts can find out where the speakers Originally shipped from. Dealers are some what of a middle Man. So maybe be Dealing with 3 Different states. It is why it’s called an Implied warranty.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry man. It sounds like a total nightmare.

The Saints look good this year though. You might get a chance for a super bowl this year.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Sorry man. It sounds like a total nightmare.

The Saints look good this year though. You might get a chance for a super bowl this year.
My son came over to help me remove the drivers from the right front Tower and center speaker, so he Witnessed the Process but not with the left front Tower. As far as the ole NFL it is what it is.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
ShadyJ, yeah my Sub isn’t one I would recommend, it hits low but it can’t keep up with those Elites, your assessment of it is spot on, although it’s OK for HT not so much for music it will be replaced. I will keep my eye out for that Impression subs. ShadyJ, your pretty awesome man! Thanks for the suggestions on the settings, I’ll do just that, your right about the Elites lowend when I first fire them up I had forgot I put the switch on the back of the sub to off, it wasn’t tell a few songs into my first run I had gotta up to change the angle on the Towers for a better sweet spot I noticed the switch was off. My AVR does have a “Extra Bass” setting, I believe Yamaha’s Version of double bass, so I did turn that to on. I’m going to do just that, lower the XO below the 80hz that’s set now. In settings, “manual” for set up I can set “Bass Cross Over” I just lowered it to 60 Hz I can set that to 40 Hz, that’s as low as I can go in the setting on AVR, and turned down the “volume level” on the Sub. ShadyJ” I do have a question about the HZ setting on the back of the Sub, should I “Max” out that setting on the Sub? It starts out at 60 Hz and maxes out at 120 Hz. Right now it’s about 90 Hz.

Mike
Make sure your receiver has a separate LFE crossover setting otherwise it's possible you can truncate the LFE channel by setting the LPF on the mains below 80Hz. Depending on which Yamaha you have, there should be a separate setting.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Make sure your receiver has a separate LFE crossover setting otherwise it's possible you can truncate the LFE channel by setting the LPF on the mains below 80Hz. Depending on which Yamaha you have, there should be a separate setting.
Gene, don’t know if you have read any of my post on them Elite Towers Both of the on the driver all 10 had the wrong connectors to the - side of the drivers. Someone replace them with (store) cheap ones oversized female connectors. They where all very loose, one on the mid driver below the tweeter was Completely off in the speaker box. Daren over at RBH wanted to to Solder them to the drivers.
Told him I wouldn’t do that. At his Request
He than ask me to Crimp them down which I did. Reinstalled all the drivers. Now what is the Possibility of voice coil Damage? I’ve Damage the upper mid (top) driver only trying to get it out. The only connectors that where Factory are the R515E and the tweets in the Towers.

Mike

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Gene, don’t know if you have read any of my post on them Elite Towers Both of the on the driver all 10 had the wrong connectors to the - side of the drivers. Someone replace them with (store) cheap ones oversized female connectors. They where all very loose, one on the mid driver below the tweeter was Completely off in the speaker box. Daren over at RBH wanted to to Solder them to the drivers.
Told him I wouldn’t do that. At his Request
He than ask me to Crimp them down which I did. Reinstalled all the drivers. Now what is the Possibility of voice coil Damage? I’ve Damage the upper mid (top) driver only trying to get it out. The only connectors that where Factory are the R515E and the tweets in the Towers.

Mike
I'm curious was there some reason you couldn't have sent them in to RBH or just gotten new speakers? They were under warranty It's sounding like this is a new purchase. When you got them and they sounded off why didn't they just let you send them in to either be repaired or replaced by the warranty?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I'm curious was there some reason you couldn't have sent them in to RBH or just gotten new speakers? They were under warranty It's sounding like this is a new purchase. When you got them and they sounded off why didn't they just let you send them in to either be repaired or replaced by the warranty?
I called into RBH a Daren Marketing sales manager picked up the call first, he said I will get you a tech, I than said wait maybe you can help since you Da man! Started Explaining everything to him. Told him that Andrew and I ADTG had been Discussing with text about the issues I’m having. Well that’s when He Daren asked to go into one of the Towers to Solder the Oversize connected to the negative side of the each driver. The nerve of that dude uhu! Well I told him I would Agreed to that. All he Kept Saying after that agreement was then I will send you out the right Connectors. Well what he didn’t know was I only open up but one tower. I still didn’t know if the center or the other tower had the Correct connectors. So I had my son come over to help me with the other speaker center and the right tower, well low and behold the right tower had the wrong connectors. Center speak was the only one with Factory connectors. So with that said I, sent in a email to (Brian). In sales for RBH, to hold the Elite speakers for me cause the sale would be over before I had the funds Available. That’s what ADTG told me he would talk with Brian over at RBH to see if he could hold the Elite speakers for me. That Conversation was in a text between ADTG Andrew, my Dealer. I got a text back from ADTG that Brian said yes he could do that, they had a bunch of them in the Warehouse. That’s how I was able to buy My Elite Speakers after the sale had ended. So with that said, I sent in a email after I only crimped down on One Tower speaker. I pulled the right front tower out of the loop. Put my old Polk M60 in right side fired up my system again. Left tower was sounding like it should also the Polk m60. Than removed the m60, put the other tower back in, fires system back up and noticed the right tower wasn’t good. Than shot the email to Brian saying I wanted a refund. Than I called Daren back And of course he gave me the runaround. Saying BS again. What Daren didn’t know was I hadn’t remove all of the drivers from the other speakers center and the other tower. I just told him I did, to see if he would BS me again. I gave two Choices with this issue send all of the speakers back to RBH, Dealer or wherever they Originated from. I have never had a Issue like this with any other speaker company I’ve dealt with. Now I would bet my Dealer got these Impression elite speakers from a Dealer here in Louisiana, there is one Houma and spoke with a, Brian in Houma Louisiana. I text Andrew ADTG that I was thinking of driving up to Houma, Louisiana Brian at the Houma store store told me that his Manager was out at on installation a site installing a system fir someone. Never got a call back from Brian or his sale Manager. I believe that’s the Store them Impression Elite speakers came from the Houma Dealer in Louisiana. I paid the funds to Andrew on the 29 of last month hit the Speakers in on a Tuesday 5 days. I will say this if the speakers came from Houma Louisiana, I do believe they did, than it will be a lot Easier for me when I smaller file claims against him in Court this week. Or they take the speakers back give me a full refund or it goes to Small claims court.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Oh where is All the Expert advice I was getting before I purchased my speakers? Let’s see umm, there was Phil, there was Andrew ADTG, umm so many can’t remember. Like I said when I found out there was a lot of ole timer that has been on this forum for a long time. Doing a Lot of baiting and switching. Gene your forum Is Totally out of control!! I do believe you may have to start over since they Stole it from you. Best of luck Gene you are the Only one that I have Trust on your Web and your forum. It’s thst bad Gene.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis