RBH Sound Owner's Thread

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Lol. I forget sometimes not everyone uses the same lingo and I just go clicking away willy nilly!!!
Yeah, mid bass module. It’s only about8’ away from me in the rear left corner so it actually has a chance to contribute without adding anything negative. I DO have to control its operating range though, otherwise once you start pushing it, it starts to object. So far though, it’s been pretty good.
Ya I’m still learning a bit. I’m going to figure out buying a usb mic and learn how to do REW measurements this winter after I buy an amp. I probably will just order an Outlaw model 5000 amp and go from there.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ya I’m still learning a bit. I’m going to figure out buying a usb mic and learn how to do REW measurements this winter after I buy an amp. I probably will just order an Outlaw model 5000 amp and go from there.
Good plan. Did you inbox your C34e’s yet?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Good plan. Did you inbox your C34e’s yet?
I opened up one of them to inspect the build quality. Very nice! I haven’t done the install yet.

I have a feeling my AVR isn’t going to sound as good with 9ch draining it so really geeking out researching amps.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I opened up one of them to inspect the build quality. Very nice! I haven’t done the install yet.

I have a feeling my AVR isn’t going to sound as good with 9ch draining it so really geeking out researching amps.
I swapped out my center to a different DT model and worked out some math with the help of Peng. Thanks Peng! :) I now believe my AVR may be able to drive all 9ch. just fine. Next I need to map out the ceiling speaker placement and get some good speaker wire. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I would at least try it first. You might be surprised. Unless you’re really pushing, it might work out fine. HOWEVER, I’m an enabler sooooo, keep checking flea bay. I’m always surprised at what I find. I use a Yamaha pro amp for my mains and it’s awesome. It’s not as beautiful as an emo or mac with those bluuuuuue lights, but it’s not gross either.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would at least try it first. You might be surprised. Unless you’re really pushing, it might work out fine. HOWEVER, I’m an enabler sooooo, keep checking flea bay. I’m always surprised at what I find. I use a Yamaha pro amp for my mains and it’s awesome. It’s not as beautiful as an emo or mac with those bluuuuuue lights, but it’s not gross either.
Ya I did the math (Peng helped out on that part) and looks like my Yamaha 2060 AVR can handle 9ch on its own. If not, I can look at options then. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Usually the only situation where the AVR (any AVR) cannot handle 9CH is the “9CH Stereo Mode”.

The flagship Yamaha AVR should be fine with regular ATMOS 9CH (5.1.4).

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Usually the only situation where the AVR (any AVR) cannot handle 9CH is the “9CH Stereo Mode”.

The flagship Yamaha AVR should be fine with regular ATMOS 9CH (5.1.4).
Ya I thought I had a power issue but my bookshelf as a center was the issue. Replaced it with another DT center from the same era as the mains and now I have the base 5 speakers right. I should be fine when I add the top 4 most likely. I ordered more 12 gauge in wall / ceiling rated speaker wire. Getting closer. I tested I can receive DTSX signal so my gear settings are ready. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I didn’t comment on this before, but the small SV-61/R has a listening window response of +/- 2dB.

I wonder if the much bigger SV-831 has a similar response?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I will say this, after my issue with my Impression Elite Speakers. I will Never Purchase a mid Level or Entry level Audiophile speaker again. I found the connectors on my Impression Elite speakers, on the drivers are of the wrong size, very loose, one was even Completely off. Now I haven’t opened up the Center Impression Elite Speaker or the right front main (LCR). At Darens Request, that (Marketing) sales Dude! Went as far as asking me to Solder the oversized loose connectors at the drivers! The nerve of that dude uhu? Told him I wouldn’t do that, he than Suggested I Crimp down on the connectors, in which I had Agreeded to do. I first pulled the XO out, cause this isn’t my first (Rodeo) :cool: the lower driver from bottom up has the Shortest wire leads on the XO to the lowest driver. I pulled that one first. Then pulled the remaining drivers found that All of the drivers have oversized loose connectors on the -/+ (-) black Negative side of the drivers. Tweeter has both of the right size connectors. So I will say this I haven’t opened up the center channel or the right front Tower.
I reason I didn’t opened up the center channel or the other Tower to a look see, is because #1, RBH is a Reparable company. :D , #2. I feel that this a Factory defect. #3. or lack of Technical training with Assembly the speakers in Final production #4. When you pay for a Product that comes with a 5 year Warranty. #5. I’m still with in my, 30 day free return for a refund. Now with all that said, the Performance of the RBH, Impression Elite Speakers are as good as I’ve posted up on other Threads. Steve’s take on his review and Shady J’ s testing and posting, may or may not be Accurate. Can’t say I’m Not a Audio Engineer, or even a audiophile, ;) But yes in my Opinion the RBH Impression Elite Speakers are Worth every :(:confused::cool: cent that I paid for them Quality!! :D We still good ADTG;) Andrew, Mr. Audio Pharmacist (RX)! Get to know this guy AH Members. He may not be a Electrical engineer or have a PHD. Or a BS Degree as a Audio BS of Science. He is a Great guy on AH as a member!! He stands by his word! and good Dealer of Audio gear!! I got me my Impression Elite speakers at a really good price! Now as for my unfortunate Experience
With my first ever RBH Impression Elite Speakers? Well lack of Quality control? That all Depends on where the speakers where built? There was Nothing in the Speaker box’s no Speaker Manual, not even a Warranty card! So Steve or Shady J? Was right with that fact!

With kind regards ;)
Mike
Dang. You gotta rewire it? Did they do a bad job building it? Seems like wires should be tight before it leaves the factory.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I swapped out my center to a different DT model and worked out some math with the help of Peng. Thanks Peng! :) I now believe my AVR may be able to drive all 9ch. just fine. Next I need to map out the ceiling speaker placement and get some good speaker wire. :)
Try the reciever first before you go amps your room isn't as big as mine. My onkyo sounded pretty darn good all on its own. If my room was smaller I would have been just fine running it on its own. The denon 11 channels in that room size? Nah but in a smaller room should have been good. If you like your reciever just fine then your saving a lottof money for other upgrades down the road. Can't hurt to try it right? If you need amps after well then you tried something for free you had nothing to lose before you bought them

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Try the reciever first before you go amps your room isn't as big as mine. My onkyo sounded pretty darn good all on its own. If my room was smaller I would have been just fine running it on its own. The denon 11 channels in that room size? Nah but in a smaller room should have been good. If you like your reciever just fine then your saving a lottof money for other upgrades down the road. Can't hurt to try it right? If you need amps after well then you tried something for free you had nothing to lose before you bought them
Ya taking antibiotics for pneumonia but will get those ceilings installed next 2 weeks. I like my towers full range so if I do 80hz it means 2 subs and moving the dual VTF2 to theater and single LVX12 to living room. Hopefully won’t have to do that and can keep towers full range :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya taking antibiotics for pneumonia but will get those ceilings installed next 2 weeks. I like my towers full range so if I do 80hz it means 2 subs and moving the dual VTF2 to theater and single LVX12 to living room. Hopefully won’t have to do that and can keep towers full range :)
Ahhh I didn't realize your running your towers full range weeelll power amps would make a difference there. I'm going to run my SVS ultra's full range when I get them. My prime towers moved to surrounds at 60hz. The C34E's can handle 80hz so that's where I'll have them. The only reason I'll be running the front 3 full range is due to the position where they and the subs are at is the best place in the room for bass. So the towers work well full range with the subs. When I had the prime towers set to large on accident it sounded phenomenal. They just can't quiet handle it tho. But I will need a lotta power to pull it off that's where all those crowns will come in. Full range on any av reciever usually puts a lotta strain on its reserves. But I still say try it first with the reciever only and see if it works

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
your pneumonia and my bad back were falling apart man! Hope you get to feeling better

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Guys All is good with my Elite Towers!! I did as Daren asked me to I Crimped down on all of the oversized Connectors on all of the Drivers in the Towers! Center speakers had the right size Connectors! They sound as sweet as ever!! All is a good! Sorry for the mess ADTG! Your still a Awesome Friend and a Geart Guy!!!! Thanks for All of your outstanding Help! You Rock Brother!! Guys it’s Not ADTG’s Fault
He did Not build the speakers, and No one is Perfect, I should know I still have a Lot to Learn and a long way to go! I love this Hobby!!:):):D:D All of the ole Timers can call Me (Sketchy) a really good and cool memeber give me that nick name I like it! So please use it!! That’s what this hobby is all about right? I’m still Learning guys! Please don’t gave up on Me! I need all the help and Knowledge that you guys are willing to share! Steve, Shady J, a Really Big Apology to you Guys and you to loveinthehd! ;):D

Sketchy:D luv it!!
Mike

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Guys All is good with my Elite Towers!! I did as Daren asked me to I Crimped down on all of the oversized Connectors on all of the Drivers in the Towers! Center speakers had the right size Connectors! They sound as sweet as ever!! All is a good! Sorry for the mess ADTG! Your still a Awesome Friend and a Geart Guy!!!! Thanks for All of your outstanding Help! You Rock Brother!! Guys it’s Not ADTG’s Fault
He did Not build the speakers, and No one is Perfect, I should know I still have a Lot to Learn and a long way to go! I love this Hobby!!:):):D:D All of the ole Timers can call Me (Sketchy) a really good and cool memeber give me that nick name I like it! So please use it!! That’s what this hobby is all about right? I’m still Learning guys! Please don’t gave up on Me! I need all the help and Knowledge that you guys are willing to share! Steve, Shady J a Really Big Apology to you Guys and you to loveinthehd! that’s for schooling me!! I needed I needed to hear that from You!! ;):D

Sketchy:D luv it!!
Glad your speakers are up and running again! :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you! I wasn’t going to give up that easy! Fought hard getting this right with my limited knowledge in this hobby! With a very happy ending!

Sketchy:D
Still no EQ or Tones Control allowed for you mister! :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thank you! I wasn’t going to give up that easy! Fought hard getting this right with my limited knowledge in this hobby! With a very happy ending!

Sketchy:D
Very good news Mr. Mike! What exactly did you do to rectify everything? Your experience may be of help to others here. My Mom always said experience is the best teacher. Anyways, we are all glad you got it worked out. Now set back and enjoy! :) Have a blessed, stress-free day Mike!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis