Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This passed Thursday a storm blew through about 3 am. Had watch the weather on tv so I knew it was coming. What I didn’t know was two pretty good size tree branches would be hitting the roof like someone had just took a huge baseball bat on top the roof. I woke up like WTF? :eek: I hate that! Have two of these old pecan trees on each side of my home up front and they are old but still produce pecans. Needless to say I got dressed put on my pair of steel toed boots even thought about putting my ole oilfield hard hat on. As soon as sunrise came took a walk outside the two really big tree branches that fell on top the roof rolled over into the neighbors yard. Had a whole lot of smaller ones I had to pick up. The strangest thing, all I could think about was that my electronics gonna be safe. Moved most away from a window just in case lol. I have been through hurricanes, squalls on production platforms in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico so a storm is nothing new to me it’s much better to deal with a storm head on than to be caught with your pants down so to speak.

Mike

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
about 2 years ago the landlord (the multi-billion dollar conglomerate which owns this apartment complex as well as several others plus a major shopping center) upgraded the complex from "analog" to "digital" thermostats. I've been replacing the batteries like clockwork every few months. The landlord must have stock in Duracell or EverReady or every other AA battery company. :eek:
When I installed my ecobee I had to connect the 24v line at the main board on the HVAC bc it wasnt needed with the 'analog' stat I replaced. Wonder if your digital stat is running off batteries only and not actually hardwired.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
In my local grocery store the batteries are kept under lock and key, this annoys me and I really hate it! Dangerous chemicals are not locked (bleach, aerosols, etc). o_O

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
In my local grocery store the batteries are kept under lock and key, this annoys me and I really hate it! Dangerous chemicals are not locked (bleach, aerosols, etc). o_O
They lock up things people steal...razor blades usually being one of them since they are priced as if made of gold.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
They lock up things people steal...razor blades usually being one of them since they are priced as if made of gold.
Ever since Procter & Gamble bought Gillette for $57 billion in 2005, they've been gouging us on razor blades :mad:.

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
A person walks into a store or try’s to and 5 people are standing in the doorway blocking the way in. 1, would you stand and wait for all of them to move? Or kick one of the Baskets out the way? I kicked! 2, would you politely ask one of them to move to the side ? I did that So Kicked the Basket out the way hard! I hate Rude people.
I hate going to shows and having a @#$&(% TV sized cell phone waved in my face... Buy some drunk dumb ass. I most often slap the phone into the mosh pit and say OOOPS!!!!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yea, who would even think of stealing food and water from a store? :eek:
A guy around where I am got away with almost $500 in brisket because he just loaded up his cart and walked out the front door of the grocery store...

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Yea, who would even think of stealing food and water from a store? :eek:
I personally know of a Manager of a store, she told me the store had over $59.000.00 in shortage from shoplifting. Sad indeed that shortage gets passed on to the rest of the shoppers with higher prices to make up the lost.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
FINALLY finished my move! Lord am I ever spent. Even have a jump on getting things organized at my new place. But, I still HATE moving! ;););)

Cheers,

Phil

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
FINALLY finished my move! Lord am I ever spent. Even have a jump on getting things organized at my new place. But, I still HATE moving! ;););)

Cheers,

Phil
Moving does suck a$$. Years ago, I moved every college semester like clockwork. 18 addresses in 7 years and I wasn't even in the military! It got real old real fast. Last time I moved, I went from 20 acres and a barn to a 1 acre place. Filled up two roll-off dumpsters and still moved way too much stuff.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I hate customers that are doing a large commercial construction project but can't bother to have proper drawings done or a decent project schedule. So I'm expected to just jump and produce extra parts to fit the undocumented change despite having a production schedule and labor planned out for the next month.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Me too. Earlier this year I moved my west coast apartment from the Bay Area to SoCal and had bad luck when choosing a mover. The moving company owner tried to scam me by adding 20%+ to the bill after the load-up (they claimed I had a heavy load), and then they f'd up the delivery. When I called the owner to complain he yelled at me and told me how stressful my move was for him. The move was a sparsely furnished one bedroom apartment (maybe 700 sq ft) to a two bedroom apartment on a dedicated truck.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I hate it when my fellow conservative buddies deny global warming and climate change. BRO STEP OUTSIDE! Louisiana in the summer, not fun.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
This passed Thursday a storm blew through about 3 am. Had watch the weather on tv so I knew it was coming. What I didn’t know was two pretty good size tree branches would be hitting the roof like someone had just took a huge baseball bat on top the roof. I woke up like WTF? :eek: I hate that! Have two of these old pecan trees on each side of my home up front and they are old but still produce pecans. Needless to say I got dressed put on my pair of steel toed boots even thought about putting my ole oilfield hard hat on. As soon as sunrise came took a walk outside the two really big tree branches that fell on top the roof rolled over into the neighbors yard. Had a whole lot of smaller ones I had to pick up. The strangest thing, all I could think about was that my electronics gonna be safe. Moved most away from a window just in case lol. I have been through hurricanes, squalls on production platforms in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico so a storm is nothing new to me it’s much better to deal with a storm head on than to be caught with your pants down so to speak.

Mike
We think alike.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Moving does suck a$$. Years ago, I moved every college semester like clockwork. 18 addresses in 7 years and I wasn't even in the military! It got real old real fast. Last time I moved, I went from 20 acres and a barn to a 1 acre place. Filled up two roll-off dumpsters and still moved way too much stuff.
I moved a bit too much as well in my college days. Just glad that part is over and done with. It does feel good that I am completely done at my older lace. Had to go back and clean er up so that I get my deposit back. Sad it before and will say again-I am an El Cheapo.......LOL!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Me too. Earlier this year I moved my west coast apartment from the Bay Area to SoCal and had bad luck when choosing a mover. The moving company owner tried to scam me by adding 20%+ to the bill after the load-up (they claimed I had a heavy load), and then they f'd up the delivery. When I called the owner to complain he yelled at me and told me how stressful my move was for him. The move was a sparsely furnished one bedroom apartment (maybe 700 sq ft) to a two bedroom apartment on a dedicated truck.
Man that sucks! Next time I move I do pan to just hire a local moving company. Found out that I could have had all my things moved for under $175! Plus, it would all have been moved in a single load. Just wished I had known that before hand. Both my neck and my back is really feeling it too. Oh well, just par for the course.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats! Sounds like it time to take a day off and relax.
Thanks man! But, there is no rest for the wicked. We all know that. Oh, and that I am wicked like that......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I moved a bit too much as well in my college days. Just glad that part is over and done with. It does feel good that I am completely done at my older lace. Had to go back and clean er up so that I get my deposit back. Sad it before and will say again-I am an El Cheapo.......LOL!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

El Cheapo?? I get that. I see a 'project' and the estimated cost. My mind says I can that for a lot less. Half-way through my body is yelling "Dumba$$!! You ain't 20 years old anymore!"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis