Less than ideal room. How to wire.

Wisco_HiFi

Wisco_HiFi

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a home this summer and want to install a surround system in it. The problem is the living room where I want to install the system is less than ideal and I’m not sure how to go about running wires and placing speakers. The home was built in 1910. The living room is open to a dining room and is long and rectangular with a stair case on one side and fireplace on the other and I was forced to put my TV in front of the window in the center of the room with the couch running with the length of the room. I have no idea how I would go about placing speakers in this room let alone running wires. I’m thinking a 7.1 Sound bar may be my only choice on this one. I know pics of the room would help and I’ll try to get some on here. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a home this summer and want to install a surround system in it. The problem is the living room where I want to install the system is less than ideal and I’m not sure how to go about running wires and placing speakers. The home was built in 1910. The living room is open to a dining room and is long and rectangular with a stair case on one side and fireplace on the other and I was forced to put my TV in front of the window in the center of the room with the couch running with the length of the room. I have no idea how I would go about placing speakers in this room let alone running wires. I’m thinking a 7.1 Sound bar may be my only choice on this one. I know pics of the room would help and I’ll try to get some on here. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a basement? Need to know how the house was constructed, what materials were used and if you plan to do any remodeling.

7.1 is meant for a room that's deeper than its width.

R

Richard Berg

Audioholic Intern
Can you post a 3D mockup (Sweet Home is free), or failing that, an MS Paint diagram?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Base moulding is your friend when you want to hide wires but inwall routing is not an option!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis