Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Denon X4300 will sound exactly $600 better than the Marantz 7011. :eek: :D

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
It's hard to believe what Marcus says he owns, let alone want to participate in his what's "better" schtick.
The Denon X4300 will sound exactly $600 better than the Marantz 7011. :eek: :D
If you compare their amp specs, they are identical word for word. The Denon is 2 dB better in preamp SN. Specified power consumption are the same, the SR7011 is 20 oz heavier, and the SR7010 is only 11 oz heavier. If we can believe in the accuracy of the instruction manual. The Marantz has more hardware in the box due to the 7.1 channel analog inputs.

It is known that the two shares some components and I am comfortable to guess their power supplies are either the same just labelled different, or made to the same specs.
Y'all gotta remember this is Marcus Oakley.
Check the avatar.
He only asks one type of question: "which one is better?"
He never follows up on the thread.
He doesn't give a crap what he's askin' about.
He is either trolling the forum, or, is just a loose cannon on deck.
When you see his avatar, just sloooooooooowly back away.....................

o_O

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Y'all gotta remember this is Marcus Oakley.
Check the avatar.
He only asks one type of question: "which one is better?"
He never follows up on the thread.
He doesn't give a crap what he's askin' about.
He is either trolling the forum, or, is just a loose cannon on deck.
When you see his avatar, just sloooooooooowly back away.....................

o_O
What avatar? :D

You mean his name?

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
can the Denon 3808ci be used with the denon 4300 to make it 11.2 thanks
or is there any other denon amp that can be used with the 4300 to make it 11.2

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
It's hard to believe what Marcus says he owns, let alone want to participate in his what's "better" schtick.
Yes, I've looked through his threads. He narcissistically begins a topic but never appears to genuinely want to learn. Marcus, I hope I'm wrong and you'll actually end your games. It's rather juvenile.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I've looked through his threads. He narcissistically begins a topic but never appears to genuinely want to learn. Marcus, I hope I'm wrong and you'll actually end your games. It's rather juvenile.
I’ve run him through the mill a little, and I seem to recall him stating not long ago he has a condition. Iirc, it was a mental one. I believe a disability of sorts. He does ask some weird $hit though...

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve run him through the mill a little, and I seem to recall him stating not long ago he has a condition. Iirc, it was a mental one. I believe a disability of sorts. He does ask some weird $hit though...
Two or three days now I've been trying to find a way to propose this without looking holier than thou. I was thinking perhaps some private conversation with multiple participants. Now that Lemmerhirt put it out in the open; guys, perhaps that's just the way Oakley communicates. Who knows, maybe he is putting up with all the 'dumb' ratings because he doesn't get much else in his life.

Peng's answer was OK here; since there will be no difference @marcus oakley should settle for a cheaper model and since I don't see any subwoofer mentioned, that's something he should think of if he wants to upgrade and can afford it. Especially for all out action blockbuster movies.

jinjuku

jinjuku

No would be the answer folks. Not sure why giving it was a problem.

The 4300 is only a 9 channel AVR that means it's not an 11 channel AVR.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
No would be the answer folks. Not sure why giving it was a problem.

The 4300 is only a 9 channel AVR that means it's not an 11 channel AVR.
I have a feeling he is trying to ad them up, one plus the other to have 11.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
If I understand what the OP wants to do...essentially get signal processing from 2 different boxes to achieve an 11.2 system...the answer is still no.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
well my question is what denon or marantz 2 ch amp can i add to a denon 4300 to make it 11.2 thanks i want it to be fairly cheap in price

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
well my question is what denon or marantz 2 ch amp can i add to a denon 4300 to make it 11.2 thanks i want it to be fairly cheap in price
I gotcha...you have the processing for 11 channels in the 4300 and just need to power 2 more channels.

Denon...to my knowledge do not make power amps. Of course Marantz does...the MM7025 street price is about $700 or so...msrp $799.

The best bang for your buck for a 2 ch amp imo would be the pro amps from Crown.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--CWNXLI1500?siid=117788&-Ch2NHQ9WEAQYAiABEgKQPvD_BwE=

This is a great value.

jinjuku

jinjuku

What is the exact model number? The X4300H has 11 amplified channels.
x4300h.PNG

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
X4300H has nine amp channels but can process 11 with an external amp....

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

if i was to use the marantz pm6006 with the denon 4300
using dali zensor 7 as the fronts and dali ikon 6 mk2
dali vokal centre
and two zensor 1 as additional rears and 4 dali aldico c1 atmos upfiring modules

what speakers would you connect to the marantz pm6006 and the rest to the denon 4300 thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis