I hate the upgrade bug!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thinking back I should have bought the PB-2000 from the beginning but my old sub just died and my system sounded terrible. I ordered it quickly and it came quickly. I got it from the outlet for 449 so it was a good deal.
Also with the SM 65 and 55s you get a good deal of bass from them alone. There is a pretty good amount of bass in my room.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I don't doubt it. I'll bet it sounds really good. Your speakers and sub are good. I'm just making suggestions based on the thread topic. I'm not trying to crap on your current setup. That's why I said "if the upgrade bug is biting". I don't think you need to upgrade anything necessarily. That's just where I'd start if I was itching.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I don't doubt it. I'll bet it sounds really good. Your speakers and sub are good. I'm just making suggestions based on the thread topic. I'm not trying to crap on your current setup. That's why I said "if the upgrade bug is biting". I don't think you need to upgrade anything necessarily. That's just where I'd start if I was itching.
No problem at all. Good suggestions. Do you think you can even sell a PB-1000? A sub in abundance I'd say.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No problem at all. Good suggestions. Do you think you can even sell a PB-1000? A sub in abundance I'd say.

I got 400 each for both of my SB1000's. I paid 700 for them. I made a profit!

Anyway, they both sold on ebay fairly fast.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I don't give much credit to this "I've done it and so will you" type of wisdom. That's a 50/50 call. I find it even a bit strange coming from you since here you have members who would never give the kind of money you give for TT's even when they have it or upgrade their analogue in any way. So it's not like everyone here does the same.

And I'm really not a proper audioholic, I don't explore the performance of equipment. Although, as I said, I appreciate people who do for their knowledge.

dozzer ..........what the devil are you talking about ??????

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

Geez I had no idea, awesome. I would have never thought that would be the case.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Not too surprising, SVS is a pretty strong brand for subs....
Just surprising in that you can get one brand new for 499 and free shipping. 400 used seems high no?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just surprising in that you can get one brand new for 499 and free shipping. 400 used seems high no?

Personally I wouldn't pay that much but with a strong brand some will....even Bose can command fairly high resale prices due to the strong brand...and I'm not conflating the value of the two brands....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Personally I wouldn't pay that much but with a strong brand some will....even Bose can command fairly high resale prices due to the strong brand...and I'm not conflating the value of the two brands....
Oh my heart, my heart for mentioning Bose.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

How much better would it be than my supercube? :D

Maybe I need to take a road trip to Het's place.... I'm up in north in Bergen County.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How much better would it be than my supercube? :D
As long as your SC is pumping out more bass than you actually need, I don't think it matters. :)

You turn on Audyssey Dynamic EQ, right?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
As long as your SC is pumping out more bass than you actually need, I don't think it matters. :)

You turn on Audyssey Dynamic EQ, right?
Yes I have DEQ on, but the output drops significantly below 28 Hz and it "complains" during movies to the point where I've had to turn it down for them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I offered free shipping. That ate into my profits a little, but I think that's what my hook was. Free shipping. I put them both on auction seperately (buy it now 425, open to negotiate) and got offers via messages for 350-375 almost right away.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes I have DEQ on, but the output drops significantly below 28 Hz and it "complains" during movies to the point where I've had to turn it down for them.
I didn't realize the SC4000 is only about 12" cube and 25LBS. :D

Yeah, you might want to get something bigger. :D

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just wanted to rant about one of the only things I hate about this hobby and it's the upgrade bug. I love my speakers, love them. I put this system together patiently over about a year as funds allowed. It sounds fantastic to where I instinctively say at times"wow that sounds awesome" and jaw drops. But then there is that thought that creeps in of what would sound better and at what cost. I've got to learn to be happy with what I have and not worry about anything else. Easier said than done but I'm getting better at saying "boy I'd like that but nah". Most of us go through this in this hobby though right?

After 20 yrs don't you think it's about time! :D

Seriously, I was perfectly fine with my 20 yr system, but I was at a stage in life (survived the recession, kids grown, nearing empty nester) where I thought it was time to invest in my interest again.

Part of that process I was demoing many speakers...there are some really good speakers on the market, but I think there is a point of depreciating returns the higher up the ladder you go.

I remember sitting in a demo of B&W802d3...it's a great sounding speaker...but having just heard the 803d3 on the same equipment, same music, I didn't hear $5,000 difference...I think if you're running subs...get a speaker with the best mid/high performance and you probably will be content.

I can see myself upgrading the Salks that I've yet to hear if I went to 2.0 system...aside from that I hope I'm not looking at upgrading for a long time.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't realize the SC4000 is only about 12" cube and 25LBS. :D

Yeah, you might want to get something bigger. :D
:( I know. I wish I had done more research before I got it. I do have a thread on it somewhere here and at AVSforums. If I can hold out until xmas (in other words, I don't put a pc13-ultra on my best buy card) I'm hoping that santa will bring me a VTF-15H Mk2 since I've been such a good boy this year... :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis