My DIY speakers "J&N"

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Let's do that,
you use a word "mold " which makes me think you want to tell me the following - meaningless work ,do you really think so?
Not at all. It just lends itself as a mold by default. It happens with many things that are built like this. Part of why it is great to make these things!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Ever considered tackling a project like this? You clearly have the skillset.
I make things with these concerns as part of my day job (mostly with metal) which is why this person's cabinet frames interest me perhaps more than the beautiful skins on the exterior.

I have thought about building speakers like this, but they would be a bit too rich for my home, and very few people I know would appreciate it. Then I would have to build an acoustically favorable space in which to get all of the audible benefits from such detail. I would emerge 5 years from now with glassy eyes and a bad need of a shave! :D

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Obviously there is some language barrier, my English is not good, I do not know how to comment on situate, maybe at this address you will find some of the answers:
http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Downloads/Product/Brochure/ENG_FP29491_800-Diamond_brochure.pdf
Your English is fine. I agree with, and understand your explanations with what you have presented here.

Also we have a member here (TLS guy) who gives very detailed explanations of such things periodically.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Your English is fine. I agree with, and understand your explanations with what you have presented here.

Also we have a member here (TLS guy) who gives very detailed explanations of such things periodically.
Wonderful I think that explained the situation to myself!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think you understand. We're complimenting your work and looking at the beautiful design in your bracing. did you not use the bracing as a mold also to shape the speaker?
In spite of the audible contributions of the bracing, if one were to stress foam, veneer, or any other semi-flexible, otherwise flat skin over a frame work without adequately spaced supports, the skins may take on the look of a "starving horse," for lack of a better explanation.

I know you understand what I was saying. Just stating this here again so that the builder may get what I was saying, or that this was not a criticism.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In spite of the audible contributions of the bracing, if one were to stress foam, veneer, or any other semi-flexible, otherwise flat skin over a frame work without adequately spaced supports, the skins may take on the look of a "starving horse," for lack of a better explanation.

I know you understand what I was saying. Just stating this here again so that the builder may get what I was saying, or that this was not a criticism.
Oh, I appreciate it. Some of my comments kinda double as questions too.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
I don't think you understand. We're complimenting your work and looking at the beautiful design in your bracing. did you not use the bracing as a mold also to shape the speaker?
Okay, if you understand my construction in this way, what can I say?
It is my another "Home matrix":
m-1.jpg m-2.jpg Maybe you it know -bended 8 layers, 4 mm beech plywood?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
^And a little more on the subject of bending. We all know what is the ideal shape for the speakers. For technological reasons, it is difficult to do, especially with three tape loudspeakers. I strive to make the second most effective form - the egg.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, if you understand my construction in this way, what can I say?
It is my another "Home matrix":
View attachment 21006 View attachment 21007 Maybe you it know -bended 8 layers, 4 mm beech plywood?
I think I understand your construction. There seems to be some confusion on your end as to what I mean. This is what I meant earlier when I said I think we're having a small issue with a language barrier. Not that your English is bad, just some comprehension issues. I'm not questioning any of your work. I'm admiring it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
^And a little more on the subject of bending. We all know what is the ideal shape for the speakers. For technological reasons, it is difficult to do, especially with three tape loudspeakers. I strive to make the second most effective form - the egg.
What did you use to bend the wood for your speakers?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic

What did you use to bend the wood for your speakers?
My obviously it's I cant good at explaining to you , sorry!
Just three steps up if you get back, you will see my" home matrix ", it is a metaphor. I bend the material on it.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic

I can not answer the questions of several people, sorry!
i am not remember to say that I would not use soundproofing foam.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
How did you make the shell of the egg? Lots of layers of very thin wood tortured around the frames?
upload_2017-5-20_17-32-58.png

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Not at all. It just lends itself as a mold by default. It happens with many things that are built like this. Part of why it is great to make these things!
I do not know how you measured the internal volume? Fill it with beans? Most engineers can click this out on a computer in a short time these days.
I am an electric engineer,assuming I use a program (CAD ),entering data into this complex, incorrect form would take me a very long time, effort which for single production makes no sense..
The making every detail is unique, It is normal to have differences between them.
When assembling the structure, i do extra work in the interior of column, which changes volume.
It's clear that the software will not help me,mathematics - as well.
I'm trying to get closer to her alternative - the egg, so I solve the problem /as possible/with Fb ,Fc. My project is at an early stage and do not have , will not matter unless I get the right volume.

Yours assumption about volume measurement is а wrong.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis