Last system I will ever need to own

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's good. You going to keep the theater simple or go super custom?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, you mentioned that. I was more referring to decor and the like. Mine will pretty much be a bat cave when it's done. With minimal decoration.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, you mentioned that. I was more referring to decor and the like. Mine will pretty much be a bat cave when it's done. With minimal decoration.
Same here. Minimal decoration. Man cave. No girly stuffs. :D

BWT, finally got my 150" screen up and did a quick Audyssey XT from my Denon AVP-A1HDCI:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Front Left & Right speakers are on each side of 150" screen, which are like 13' apart. The screen is like 11' wide. I was sitting 15' from screen. My wife said it was still too close. So will be moving back to probably 18FT from screen.

My first impression: sound was awesome. Just very slightly lively, but very awesome. Reminds me of the Symphony hall venues - grand sound feeling. Very "Airy" and spacious. Everything just "Opened up". Very wide soundstage. :D

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Where are those speakers, I don't see them in pic? where is the center channel?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Where are those speakers, I don't see them in pic? where is the center channel?
You have to look VERY closely to see them. :D

The Left & Right towers are on both sides of the white screen. The center (SX-T1/R & SX-1010N/R) are in the middle BELOW the screen.

They are black color. The walls & ceiling are dark gray.

When I took those 2 pictures, the Ceiling lights were actually ON. There are a total of eight 75W LED Daylight bulbs in the ceiling. My Samsung Note 3 phone probably didn't do a great job capturing the pictures. :D

You can see the Right Tower easier on the first "Audyssey" graph. The "Flat" graph is darker and harder to see.

Last edited:
Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Very nice, looks fantastic and congrats on a fine looking home too:cool:.The tiles look great.By the way Happy new year and i have no doubt that your home theater room will look and sound fantastic when up and running. Keep moving forward mate.:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Here is a pic of my sidewalks/concrete. The RBH MC-6AW outdoor speakers are installed in the Rear Porch.

I look forward to cranking up the volume when I go jogging around my house. :D

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
What we experience personally shapes our beliefs.

What we believe justifies what we own. :)

My experience tells me there is no such thing as "short path" - that it's all audio voodoo.

If it sounds great, it is great. Forget all that audio religion. :)
You mean $1,000 speaker and interconnect cables are voodoo? What about the cable risers I see in high end pictures, surely they increase sound quality?? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You mean $1,000 speaker and interconnect cables are voodoo? What about the cable risers I see in high end pictures, surely they increase sound quality?? :D
They're only voodoo if you believe they improve the sound.

Now if you just wan't to buy them because you're so rich or if you think they look cool, then it's okay. :D

I love my Kimber Kable because they look cool to me. :cool:

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
They're only voodoo if you believe they improve the sound.

Now if you just wan't to buy them because you're so rich or if you think they look cool, then it's okay. :D

I love my Kimber Kable because they look cool to me. :cool:
Good point, if I was rich then yeah silly things become more attainable and we can always justify things when we can easily afford them. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Some pictures of my messy HT equipment closet. Still so much to do with the new house. Not enough time to clean up the mess. :D

The 3 Wise NAS :D

This one is really bad: :eek: :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well this is a long and storied thread. I didn't read it all, but skimmed every few pages to this last one.

Man, you have an impressive amount of great equipment! That room you're setting up looks like it's gonna be an awesome theater room. Keep coming with the update pics so I can continue to live vicariously through you! :p

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Nothing like looking at pictures of someone's home theater. Would love to see a cable management system that works.:) If you and i were visiting each other,there would not be enough time in the day.Love those computers, not to mention the rest of your gear.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nothing like looking at pictures of someone's home theater. Would love to see a cable management system that works.:) If you and i were visiting each other,there would not be enough time in the day.Love those computers, not to mention the rest of your gear.
Yeah, good thing my gears are in a closet so nobody can see (except for you guys). :D

One of these days when I actually feel all caught up with the new house move (setting everything up in new house inside and outside, selling old house, etc.), I will have to take care of that cable management in my closet. :D

One of these days.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, good thing my gears are in a closet so nobody can see (except for you guys). :D

One of these days when I actually feel all caught up with the new house move (setting everything up in new house inside and outside, selling old house, etc.), I will have to take care of that cable management in my closet. :D

One of these days.
Right there with you. I had to take my server out of the rack to put in a new SAS card. It's still on the floor because I have some other stuff to do to it, but no time.

I'll have been in my house a year in August and I haven't even had time to start the theater. My cheapo in-walls will be here today so if they sound good I'll finally be able to start. Fingers crossed.

Question: why three servers?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Right there with you. I had to take my server out of the rack to put in a new SAS card. It's still on the floor because I have some other stuff to do to it, but no time.

I'll have been in my house a year in August and I haven't even had time to start the theater. My cheapo in-walls will be here today so if they sound good I'll finally be able to start. Fingers crossed.

Question: why three servers?
3 servers = OCD :D

1 backup isn't enough. Oh no. I need 2 backups. :D

Did I tell you I have 2 identical BenQ projectors? Not an extra LAMP. But an extra projector. Oh, yeah. OCD. :eek:

Did I tell you the backup to my Denon AVP-A1HDCI pre-pro is the Denon AVR-5308CI? Yeah, the extra BenQ Projector, Denon AVR-5308CI, and the EXTRA Active Crossover for my Linkwitz Orion speakers are in my theater closet.

Who the heck has an extra backup active crossover for his Linkwitz Orion speakers? :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis