speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What movie? Pics Pics Pics When it gets there. :D
The movie is NINJA ASSASSIN on BR. It is a bit bloody, but very good story-line inmho. As always, will take some pics too-just for YOU......LOL!!!!! :D:D:eek::D:D

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
For a christian you love you some gore. :D You should use the Taylors as surround speakers(He just did not say that! :eek: ), just to check out the full 5.1 before ya sell them. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
For a christian you love you some gore. :D You should use the Taylors as surround speakers(He just did not say that! :eek: ), just to check out the full 5.1 before ya sell them. :D
Yeah, I admit there is a lot of blood in this one. But, beyond all of that it really is a good movie. For some reason or another, I have always liked scary movies....LOL!!! Really into Sci-Fi as well. Can't wait for the next Predator movie. :D:D:D:D

BTW, the Taylos on the wall how? They freaking weigh nearly 40-lbs each.....LOL!!! Not too worried about rears right now. Maybe down the road......who knows right....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay folks things were looking very bare with respect to my candy bar/chips situation. So, took care of that today. Thought that I would share and give Joe a bit of a preview for tomorrow....LOL!!! W/O further ado, here we go! See how low my stock was in this pic? Not a lot of candy bars and absolutely no chips!

upload_2016-7-7_14-38-12.png

Then, this happened!

upload_2016-7-7_14-41-9.png

upload_2016-7-7_14-42-35.png

And then this happened!

upload_2016-7-7_14-46-35.png

upload_2016-7-7_14-48-19.png

upload_2016-7-7_14-49-35.png

upload_2016-7-7_14-50-38.png

These last few are for Joe!

upload_2016-7-7_14-53-26.png

Hey Joe look here:

upload_2016-7-7_14-56-52.png

upload_2016-7-7_14-59-11.png

Yes Joe I do have recliners.....LOL!!!! Thought that you might like that....LOL!!!! :D:D:p:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oh snap, Candy and recliners?! Dang dude you living the high life! Enjoy! I always wanted one of those recliners to watch movies. I feel something is coming tonight...Hmmm...Always liked Snickers/Milky Way, but have not had them in years. Hey I gotta keep up my swimmers body. :p
I spy pics of you as a kid by the fan?!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh snap, Candy and recliners?! Dang dude you living the high life! Enjoy! I always wanted one of those recliners to watch movies. I feel something is coming tonight...Hmmm...Always liked Snickers/Milky Way, but have not had them in years. Hey I gotta keep up my swimmers body. :p
I spy pics of you as a kid by the fan?!
That is correct Joe. I have always liked a fan. Even as a kid. In fact, I can NOT sleep at all w/o a fan. Even use one in the Winter.....LOL!!! Wished you did live closer as I would gladly share....LOL!!! Just sold 104 candy bars and 26 bags of chips. Not bad eh? Still plenty of Snickers and Milky Ways left Joe....LOL!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well folks got the 520c yesterday. But, was not feeling too well. As such, got up this morning and decided to get some things done. Got the 520c out and it is up and running. Also reran Audyssey. Got some pics for those that may be interested. Been doing some listening to my JBL's and more on that later. W/o further ado, here are some pics! As always, please let me know what you all think/suggest. Thanks!

upload_2016-7-9_15-31-9.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-32-31.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-33-1.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-33-43.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-34-59.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-35-35.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-36-3.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-36-32.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-37-18.png

Cheers,

Phil

Attachments

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here are some more!

upload_2016-7-9_15-38-46.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-39-27.png

Getting the red and black tips out of the binding posts are a royal pain in the arse! Just saying.....

upload_2016-7-9_15-40-9.png

BTW, never did get this grille removal tool with my 530's. However, there was one in the 520c. No BIG deal really. At least, I got one....LOL!!!

upload_2016-7-9_15-41-28.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-44-32.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-45-55.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-46-28.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-47-10.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-48-7.png

upload_2016-7-9_15-48-41.png

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Looks nice - stay focused
Thanks Zieg. Doing some fine tuning as we speak. Not rushing to judgement just yet. Want to audition more before forming my opinion. More to come on that later. Thanks for your kind words!

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Whoa right smack in the middle of the TV! Looking good. I'm ultra jealous. Everything matches NOW! Let see some pics without the grill. Oh don't forget to put a lift(half inch) under the center speaker. Feel better Phil.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Whoa right smack in the middle of the TV! Looking good. I'm ultra jealous. Everything matches NOW! Let see some pics without the grill. Oh don't forget to put a lift(half inch) under the center speaker. Feel better Phil.
Joe, my tv is setting right on top of the 520c. As such, I can NOT raise it up any to enhance the sound. However, I am working on that. That guy in the tv reflection is, of course, me....LOL!!! Prefer not to take the grilles off right now. Maybe later down the road. Feeling a little better. Sure have had more energy today. Almost time to chat w/my Philippine sweetheart.....LOL!!!!

In the meantime, here are some more pics:

upload_2016-7-9_17-14-30.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-15-3.png

Be sure to notice that I have moved my love-seat further out from the back wall a bit more. Not sure just yet if it is really making any difference or not.

upload_2016-7-9_17-16-7.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-18-30.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-19-5.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-19-37.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-20-7.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-20-40.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-21-38.png

upload_2016-7-9_17-22-15.png

Cheers,

Phil

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
You really ought to stack all that candy in the corner and the wall as acoustic treatment! :rolleyes:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How many inches you got on the back? Maybe you can get another box to put the TV on. Maybe wall mount the TV. You can also get a center stand as well.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You really ought to stack all that candy in the corner and the wall as acoustic treatment! :rolleyes:
Good idea......ummm until the chocolates melt, then I am left w/a BIG mess....LOL!!! Down the road, do hope to do some room treatments. So, do you think that I am making any progress? How does my setup look?

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
How many inches you got on the back? Maybe you can get another box to put the TV on. Maybe wall mount the TV. You can also get a center stand as well.
Yeah, was going to build me a stand that would set over the 520c and also raise the tv up a little higher. Also, would be able to angle the 520c upwards towards ear level at the MLP. That is what I have plan for now. May just end up buying a new tv stand when my finances are in better shape.

Could mount my tv on the wall and put up a shelf for the 520c. That way, I could mount the shelf so that the 520c would also be at ear level. Plus, I could use one of my audio stands to put my Denon on the top shelf. That would make it much easier to clean up my wire mess as well. Just have to see how things go. Until my finances are better, I am NOT making any BIG changes.

Cheers,

Phil

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, was going to build me a stand that would set over the 520c and also raise the tv up a little higher. Also, would be able to angle the 520c upwards towards ear level at the MLP. That is what I have plan for now. May just end up buying a new tv stand when my finances are in better shape.

Could mount my tv on the wall and put up a shelf for the 520c. That way, I could mount the shelf so that the 520c would also be at ear level. Plus, I could use one of my audio stands to put my Denon on the top shelf. That would make it much easier to clean up my wire mess as well. Just have to see how things go. Until my finances are better, I am NOT making any BIG changes.

Cheers,

Phil
Looking good Phil,

I hope the new set up works... both financially and more importantly sound wise....some of your recent speakers likely spoiled you I hope these are a nice compromise....:)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Looking good Phil,

I hope the new set up works... both financially and more importantly sound wise....some of your recent speakers likely spoiled you I hope these are a nice compromise....:)
Thanks Billy. It really does sound very good. Over 12-years ago, I heard the Linbrooks for the first time ever. Nothing that I have heard since even to this very day comes close to them. But, given my situation it was best for me to return them. Ty was nice enough to take them back minus $95. He has already sold the set I returned! So, it has worked out pretty well for both of us.

The Taylos are no doubt the best speakers that I have ever owned. That is, I really did NOT have the Linbrooks very long. So, have had much more time w/the Taylos. However, like the Linbrooks the Taylos really need higher end electronics to sound their best. Don't get me wrong here, my Denon does a decent job for the most part. But, the Taylos love power. If something is not recorded very well, then the Taylos will certainly remind you.

Have the Taylos up for sale because of my financial issues. Hopefully, they will sell soon. In the meantime, came across a deal on the JBL 530's/520c that I could NOT turn down. Both cost me only $560 shipped! Never heard a $330 set of bookshelfs sound as good as the 530's. My Denon also does a better job powering them. Moreover, the 530's fit perfectly on my 24" HiVi stands. Seems to be a win win for me. Thanks for your kind words. Hope all is well your way.

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
So have you tried any dialog with the center? If yes what do you think? Try anything with Darth Vader(James Earl Jones). I'm sure more will chime in with suggestions.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So have you tried any dialog with the center? If yes what do you think? Try anything with Darth Vader(James Earl Jones). I'm sure more will chime in with suggestions.
Hey Joe, how is it going? Yes, have had a little time to check out the center somewhat. Still tweaking things a bit. Being very cautious forming my opinion. Want to observe on several occasions before rushing to judgement. But will say that so far I am NOT blown away if that makes any sense. Been much more impressed w/the 530's. However, that does NOT mean I am NOT keeping the 520c. Need a little more time to decide first. Perhaps, also a bit more tweaking.

As far as James earl Jones goes. All I have to do is listen to an Arby's commercial......he is always on them! Arby's has the meats....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis