What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
If it is for nutritional smoothies, you should end up with a creamy consistency (not a fine applesauce consistency). Return it if you get fine applesauce (blending spinach, carrots, ginger, lemon w/skin, chia seeds, apples, and frozen blueberries and cherries)!
The Nutri-Ninja (with the blade at the bottom) will do it, but the version I had maxed out at 32oz and I needed more. (but this is proof that you do not have to spend $400 to get the job done).
Also, consider that Bed, Bath, and Beyond with 20% off coupon is sometimes the best deal on something like this!

I ended up with a Blendtec...something about bludgeoning the food without sharpened blades...
I've never had a blender like this before. Do you really just put in enough water to cover the blade and a drop of dishsoap and hit pulse to clean it?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Never tried that (or read instructions). I rinse it out while still wet and use a bottle brush when I think it might need more.
I have to try that instead, but not like I am spending much time on clean up, as is. What a novel idea... to use a little soap every now and then.:)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered this: Creation Springs Precision Wet/Dry Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer
upload_2015-7-17_8-43-3.png

Cost a lot more, ($40), than some. But sounds like built to last. We'll see.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I've never had a blender like this before. Do you really just put in enough water to cover the blade and a drop of dishsoap and hit pulse to clean it?
I tried this. It doesn't get the tiny bits of skin (from blueberries, cherries, etc) that are stuck on the walls. You'll still need a bottle brush for that. Or a cloth - these are usually higher up on the side for some reason.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I couldn't stand watch inventory drop before I would get a chance to carry my reference speakers over to ATLAudio's house. I snagged the last two RF-62 ii (discontinued) that were available through Prime (easier return policy should I have problems). Also found a used RC-52ii (center)
I believe this will be an impressive upgrade for my HT, and maybe even for some music (especially dynamic, hard-hitting music).

Ignore the sub and surrounds - only got L, C, & R. I will stick with my Mirage OMD-5's for surround duty and either Rythmik E15HP's or PSA XS15se's for subs.

It will be interesting to do a thorough comparison of these against my current speakers!

Background info, if you are interested:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/klipsch-rf62-ii.95251/

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I couldn't stand watch inventory drop before I would get a chance to carry my reference speakers over to ATLAudio's house. I snagged the last two RF-62 ii (discontinued) that were available through Prime (easier return policy should I have problems). Also found a used RC-52ii (center)
So would this be the definition of addicted to Audio.:)

Keep this up and you will have afterlife2 buying more speakers.

Now all you have to do, is try out the JBL Studio 5 series speakers.

Have fun.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
If it is for nutritional smoothies, you should end up with a creamy consistency (not a fine applesauce consistency). Return it if you get fine applesauce (blending spinach, carrots, ginger, lemon w/skin, chia seeds, apples, and frozen blueberries and cherries)!
I'll probably be making smoothies at some point, but I'll have to be pretty picky about what I put in. I've got a lot of dietary restrictions :/

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
upload_2015-7-21_9-55-44.png

upload_2015-7-21_9-56-27.png

Soundbar for bedroom from A4L. System "learns" TV remote, so don't have to use a second remote. Big footprint so TV can set on top of it. Only use is for TV News in the morning. $200 is pretty cheap. We'll see how much it improves clarity/voices.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
On sale for $25 each - and no thin cheap cardboard box,
and said to be black oak finish. Parts Express >>>
New Wave Audio bookshelf speakers
All in all not really a good deal, except for the boxes.
A good deal for a DIY person who needs boxes.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

$9. Says it will charge my S6 Edge 75% faster than the standard charger. I already have the inductive charger which is kind of cool because no wire to the phone, but not any better at charging than the default charger.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QEX83LA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

This thing totally works!! It charged my phone from 49% to 100% in like 35 minutes. When plugged in, the phone actually displays "Fast charger connected". (Device must support it).

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
This thing totally works!! It charged my phone from 49% to 100% in like 35 minutes. When plugged in, the phone actually displays "Fast charger connected". (Device must support it).
You seen any reviews or reports of shortened battery life due to fast charging?

Dunno if this is much of a problem anymore or not?

Fast charging = more current = more heat

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Surprisingly,
You seen any reviews or reports of shortened battery life due to fast charging?

Dunno if this is much of a problem anymore or not?

Fast charging = more current = more heat
Interestingly, the phone stayed cooler than with the standard charger. Li-on battery, so cycling is less of an issue until you hit that charge-life wall.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered this: Creation Springs Precision Wet/Dry Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer
View attachment 16351
Cost a lot more, ($40), than some. But sounds like built to last. We'll see.
This thing works great. Blades seem to be extremely sharp. Nose hair trimmer is painless, no pulled hairs. Would buy it again.

It arrived in a yellow padded shipping bag inside a Fed Ex box. Box was undamaged, bag was undamaged, but shaver had obviously been soaking wet at some point, and was still damp. Instruction sheet was unreadable. But shaver itself was in a plastic clamshell, and dry.

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
The upgrade continues... last month I upgraded my old oppo BDP-93 with the new flagship oppo BDP-105D, and this month I just got this new BOWERS & WILKINS Centre2 S2. The sound is amazing. I listened to it right beside the HTM1 Diamond, and the Diamond wasn't discernibly clearer, and the Centre2 S2 had a little more bottom end to it. I'm very happy. Listening to music in 5ch stereo is amazing... and I had to have it in the rosenut finish, which had to be ordered since they only carried the piano black. It's quite heavy too at 43.5 pounds, so you know B&W really built a solid cabinet, as they always do...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis