Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. 25 of 48 posters for the current contest have less than 20 posts.
Most have less than 10.
whodathunk :cool:
A lot of them just have the single post, maybe it will bring some new life to the forum. A-holics has turned into a place where it seems there is just a handful of guys BS'ing about their days, lol... I remember a post every minute, now its common to have no posts for hours, I noticed no posts for around 24 hours in this thread before, lol...

I admit I check in less and less, granted there has been a lot going on here, but the biggest reason is there is hardly ever a change in posts, no new info, hardly anyone even asking questions... I think Gene was correct when he said the forums were dieing and facebook was getting way more attention...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So if we apply some arbitrary numbers to how much work I thought teaching would be, I'd have to say that on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the most, I thought teaching would be an 8. Now that I'm neck deep in it I have recalculated to an 11.73*.

On the bright side the new TV will be here Saturday and I should be able to knock out that last sub cab this weekend as well. Should be fun getting the LMS Ultras dialed in. I'll also have to do the fan mod to the Peavey since now I'll need it to run the dual opposed. Even though the Crest and Peavey are extremely similar, the Crest has higher quality parts and more headroom.....or so I'm told.

The living room is completely set up, I just have no way of running speaker wire to the rear surrounds or the sub in a way that the GF will accept. I'm considering just getting a couple of those wireless thingies and moving a couple amps to behind the couch.

*Relative to my own experiences of course.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
The new one post members don't breathe new life into our slow forum, usually it will be a max of 5 to 8 posts just to enter a contest and then they are gone. I was keeping tabs on them a while back but realized that they will do this no matter what. I think a giveaway should be open to members with a min. number of posts 25 - 50 ????

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
New samsung comes tomorrow, 42 boxes of new kitchen cabinetry comes today at 11, Christmas Tree still outside and no room for anything as I head out to work. Ten years ago I would have stayed up all night and got the place ready I just cant keep the pace but if it is meant to happen it all will fall into place I just can't stress > stress kills !

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
EDIT: Took a closer look at the shipment details and can now see why it's being shipped freight. I guess I should have looked at the TV specs as well, but the damn thing weighs 104lbs. That should be fun getting up 3 flights of stairs.
It's being delivered by a company, isn't it? Mine is. My shipping info was for Amazon delivering it to the delivery company. I figured that you also chose a delivery window at checkout.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think Gene was correct when he said the forums were dieing and facebook was getting way more attention...
It can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. It depends on where they put their focus. I think this new forum format kind of sucks. For whatever reason, it feels less "personal" to me. It seems like it visually emphasizes avatars and stats more than what someone is actually saying.

I agree that fewer people are coming here asking questions - at least the questions that I can answer. I used to love to spend time helping folks out and also "hanging out" with friends here. Like you said, there's not enough posting going on to really hang out much these days. Well, that and I'm just getting old. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
It can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. It depends on where they put their focus. I think this new forum format kind of sucks. For whatever reason, it feels less "personal" to me. It seems like it visually emphasizes avatars and stats more than what someone is actually saying.

I agree that fewer people are coming here asking questions - at least the questions that I can answer. I used to love to spend time helping folks out and also "hanging out" with friends here. Like you said, there's not enough posting going on to really hang out much these days. Well, that and I'm just getting old. :D
I used to have a-holics saved as one of the pages that opened when I opened my browser, if you don't go to the link so often the browser utility deletes it and adds a website you use more often, AH is no longer there, I have to open it myself, thats how I realised I was not frequenting here as often, but when I do its the same posts with no updates.

I guess you have a point with the ah staff putting emphasis on facebook vs the forum, I wouldn't know I am not on facebook, or myspace, or tweeter, or any of them other social media sights, I like old fashion message boards...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I used to have a-holics saved as one of the pages that opened when I opened my browser, if you don't go to the link so often the browser utility deletes it and adds a website you use more often, AH is no longer there, I have to open it myself, thats how I realised I was not frequenting here as often, but when I do its the same posts with no updates.

I guess you have a point with the ah staff putting emphasis on facebook vs the forum, I wouldn't know I am not on facebook, or myspace, or tweeter, or any of them other social media sights, I like old fashion message boards...
Yeah, I haven't dropped in much lately. I haven't had much to say, I suppose. I don't feel very qualified to offer much advice and I don't have any questions to ask. In the steam vent lately, it's been all about TVs, it seems.:rolleyes: I need to drop in more often - even if it's just to chuck some poo around.;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My "big" news that I forgot to report a couple of nights ago is that my Fire TV Stick delivery got moved up from January 9 to tomorrow. Woot, woot! Now I can enjoy it over the holidays and have time to mess around with it. I'm pretty happy about that. Sure, it pales in comparison to the new TV being delivered on Monday...but it's a heck of a lot easier to install. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I haven't dropped in much lately. I haven't had much to say, I suppose. I don't feel very qualified to offer much advice and I don't have any questions to ask.
I'm in the same boat.
There haven't been many beer or Asian dating questions lately. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What's the best beer for getting an Asian date drunk?

Okay, Rick - you're up! Wait, that's not what I meant. Oh, man...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
My "big" news that I forgot to report a couple of nights ago is that my Fire TV Stick delivery got moved up from January 9 to tomorrow. Woot, woot! Now I can enjoy it over the holidays and have time to mess around with it. I'm pretty happy about that. Sure, it pales in comparison to the new TV being delivered on Monday...but it's a heck of a lot easier to install. :D
I hate to brag. :D
However, I have this arriving Monday: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J0PUD3U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Because I don't have a 64" sammy to wait for.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in the same boat.
There haven't been many beer or Asian dating questions lately. :)
Funny you should mention beer. I received a Beer Advent calendar on Dec 1st, but I guess I'm a slacker - I've only gotten through 10 beers so far. I know - sad.:(

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
HT/Family room is loaded up with 48 plus boxes from Omega Dynasty Cabinetry riverbed color over select cherry , now to find time to start the install. The old kitchen has been ripped out / new electric and plumbing done / new sheetrock up - just for you Alex - I used all green board it seems to be the last sheetrock goods still made with real gypsum all that ultralight shite is terrible, the finishers despise it (ultralight)saying the paper tears too easy because of all the air pockets, hmmm. I need a few more days of taping by the "artist" followed by some first coat painting over a quality primer and then the hardi backer install for the floor. I will probably do 1/2 inch backer board over thinset . I will then install the cabinets so when I tile it will be run up to the toe kick , these cabs come with 3/4 inch toe kick so it should work out pretty good that way. That will save a little $ on tile that would otherwise just get covered by cabinets of course I will tile into the dishwasher/stove /refridge alcoves.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
The Christmas Tree just might not make it in to the house this year, we may decorate and set up on the front porch since there is absolutely no room to move in this house right now....B R E A T H E ...... it will all work out :(

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It's being delivered by a company, isn't it? Mine is. My shipping info was for Amazon delivering it to the delivery company. I figured that you also chose a delivery window at checkout.
Yes, although delivery just got postponed until the 30th due to some delay. I called and they said I could try for Monday, but they couldn't guarantee that since they didn't yet have the package. I don't really care that it's postponed but I do care that now I have to rush back from NY on the 30th to make this delivery date.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis