Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. It depends on where they put their focus. I think this new forum format kind of sucks. For whatever reason, it feels less "personal" to me. It seems like it visually emphasizes avatars and stats more than what someone is actually saying.
I don't love the new forum and I'm not sure what the point of making it more FB, tagging, mobile whatever friendly if the forum is petering out.

I agree that fewer people are coming here asking questions - at least the questions that I can answer. I used to love to spend time helping folks out and also "hanging out" with friends here. Like you said, there's not enough posting going on to really hang out much these days. Well, that and I'm just getting old. :D
I don't know, I haven't been here nearly as long as some of you guys and I'm already tired of answering some of the same questions and other times I know if I say something, it'll just result in a pointless back and forth with other members that leads to a stalemate and an agree to disagree. Even though the conversations can occasionally deteriorate into name calling and grade school like insults, I find myself spending more and more time over at PE techtalk because I learn a heck of a lot from Jeff B, Paul K, and the other guys there.

Can we also talk about how the new website looks like it was completely and totally built for the mobile platform? It's pretty clear where the focus is, IMHO, and it ain't here with the old timer forum guys. They're spending their time and resources on articles, facebook, and driving up those traffic numbers through social media to get those ad sales up (probably anyways). Ah-well.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The Christmas Tree just might not make it in to the house this year, we may decorate and set up on the front porch since there is absolutely no room to move in this house right now....B R E A T H E ...... it will all work out :(
Count backwards from 10 {it helps to write them down "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" then read them left to right}... My office manager wanted me to come over and set up her tree, I am so used to our monster trees {this year it weighed around 300lbs}, it was actually fun to help her put her 7ft tree up, I get chest pains when dealing with ours every year {my clock is like 9ft tall so you get an idea how big the tree is...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's pretty clear where the focus is, IMHO, and it ain't here with the old timer forum guys.
Oh, well. We had a good run. :)

It's their business. They can run it how they want. I just wonder how long the quick-fix, FB post readers will stay tuned in unless they keep offering free prizes - and then it's just about the prizes and maybe what gear they can sell through articles.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, well. We had a good run. :)

It's their business. They can run it how they want. I just wonder how long the quick-fix, FB post readers will stay tuned in unless they keep offering free prizes - and then it's just about the prizes and maybe what gear they can sell through articles.
Very true, this place isn't putting food on my table or gigantic speakers in my living room so it's none of my business. I had long winded post about all the stuff going on, but then I deleted it. The horse is dead, I'll leave him alone.

As someone who deals with people who are more or less obsessed with FB, instagram, snapchat, and whatever the latest craze is, it's my opinion that going after that demographic will generate clicks and not a whole lot else. I follow AH on FB and I read the comments section every once in awhile. Can't say I find the discussion as useful or meaningful as the forum. At the very least, no one is insinuating that Rick has some weird Asian fetish so it's just not worth my time :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I've only looked at the AH FB page once or twice. I didn't see anything that would encourage me to spend time there, vice here...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Jokes? This is serious. Going in for critical care. There's an electronics shop on the way to Eddie's where my soldering iron lives. They might just have what I need and if not I just might be able to fix what I got. Then I'll see if I still have a problem. I might have broken the lead on a resistor 'inspecting' it. It appears to be pretty solid xo construction albeit a little rustic. The peg board looks like a gnawed off hunk. Anyway I hope this works. Not that you b!tches give a sh!t. Go ahead, make some more jokes. o_O :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry for the delay on that post. My internet keeps dropping out, and I was also trying to find a nice Fox and Hound redhead for you. Google rarely lets me down, so when it does - it's emotionally crushing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Samsung is here , it is freaking huge. I think we need a bigger boat !
Congrats! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I just called, and my delivery is still on for Monday. I didn't try to get it any sooner, as I want to get stuff ready for its arrival.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I could swear that I've heard the USPS truck go by about ten times, but my Fire TV Stick is still no where to be found. Maybe they should play a jingle like an ice cream truck to make it more obvious when it's them.

"Hello, Patent Office?" Yeah, I'm about to be Irv-rich.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Which tweeter?
MBOW1. My xo repair worked to get a broken resistor lead repaired. It looks like I broke that 'inspecting' it but the tweeter still won't fire. I practically rewired my whole system over this. I knew I should have wrote the particulars down before I reinstalled the tweeter. Crap. I always did hate Christmas ... the holiday of liars. I guess it will be over soon enough. F^%&. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis