Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Lowes is not for ... me. :D
The Fein arrived today. As soon as she saw it she immediately yelled at me and told me to put it away before I damage anything and we lose our security deposit. I now know that it was a good buy :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The Fein arrived today. As soon as she saw it she immediately yelled at me and told me to put it away before I damage anything and we lose our security deposit. I now know that it was a good buy :D
Oh yeah, I recall you waiting on the price drop. Which one did you get and how much?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You know you shop on Amazon too much when things take longer than 2 days to arrive and you start twitching with anticipation.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
she immediately yelled at me and told me to put it away before I damage anything and we lose our security deposit. :D
Tell her to just be happy she wasn't named in the law suit. That should calm her down.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So my Oppo died and then was brought back to life ... after about 3 days.

Reaching into my calibration bag produced the Avia II disc. The pink noise going from FR to SR was so seemless as to be unnerving. It's like the sound smoothly stepped into the next position. The SPL meter needle stayed rock steady.

Timbre matching ... check.

Front speakers: Large

DRC: Off

Beethoven: On

Say it like Borat: Verrry Nah-eeese. :)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

Reaching into my calibration bag produced the Avia II disc. The pink noise going from FR to SR was so seemless as to be unnerving. It's like the sound smoothly stepped into the next position. The SPL meter needle stayed rock steady.

When is the new plasma coming home ??

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General

image.jpg

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Oppo recently had an update. Not sure how you update yours,(WiFi or network) it may have had something to do with that?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oppo recently had an update. Not sure how you update yours,(WiFi or network) it may have had something to do with that?
Yeah, John PM'ed me about the FW update. I had already taken the 83 out of rotation a day or two before the update was available. The notes mentioned having to allow a longer read time for some new copy protection. I was lucky to have a spare player. Game of Thrones season finale was the disc that forced my hand.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry I haven't been posting much, I know you guys have missed me :rolleyes: , been crazy around here..

We are off to Liguria tonight, not sure if I will have internet access, but my wife wants to spend the weekend in her new 7 bedroom, two and a three quarter million dollar {I had to spell it out, I don't want to see what it looks like in numerals ever again after writing that check:(}villa. We planned on going after the holidays but the sellers real estate agent gave us a pair of tickets that one of her clients couldn't use, they were non refundable and a real pain to change around {they were flying out of texas we are flying out of NY and they have different names than us} but my wife figured it out, we also have 2 pairs of tickets for february {when the kids are out of school} that our agent bought us...

:)So I am sure you guys will miss me, but I will be back, we aren't taking the kids, so I have to come back..... or do I:cool:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Clamps are here, glue is here, sub boxes arrive tomorrow. I might try to enlist the autobody tech area of the school I work at to bondo, high build primer, paint, and clear coat the boxes at some point. However, that probably won't happen until after the holidays because I don't think an assembled box would fit in my car. So there are some logistics that I'd need to work out that I'm just plain too lazy to work out before we go on winter break.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've got a Tonneau (sp) cover that I used to keep the TV dry on the way home in a pretty good rain storm.

I'm a happening guy. :D
I've been trying to talk the GF into a new TV for awhile now. I'm really laying it on thick now that Samsung has discontinued their plasmas. I wasn't in a position to make anything happen when panny ditched plasma, but I'm hoping to make a run at a big Sammy before they're either impossible to find or horribly overpriced.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis