Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got all 3 drivers in the car. Gonna take them back to MD and let them gather dust there.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is your girl friend going to have to help you carry them?
That's a rhetorical question, right? :D

Different topic, I waited for Wolverine on blu-ray to get to a lightning deal this morning, saw the price, waited at most 10 seconds, and I was number 131 on the wait list. Holy ish. So, I went to do something else, and when I went back to the Amazon page about eight minutes later, there was a note that my time to claim the deal had expired (meaning that my wait list slot came up, but that I didn't claim the deal in time). Wtf? How long could they have possibly given me to claim it? I'm on the list again...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I explained The Fappening to Cheryl. She asked why they called it that. The resulting hand gesture accompanied by a hurried "Fap fap fap" earned me the coveted "That's disgusting!" award.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got an e-mail a week or so ago from the Free Amazon Products team that invited me to join and get free stuff. Sounded fishy even before I got to the signature line that ended with, "FAP Team." :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Different topic, I waited for Wolverine on blu-ray to get to a lightning deal this morning,............. Wtf? How long could they have possibly given me to claim it? I'm on the list again...
Apparently your definition of 'lightning' is different than theirs.:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Images of my country

Svolvær

Odda

Reinebringen

Reine

Renndølsetra

Trolltunga

Bleik

Lofoten Islands, Fredvang Bridges

Røros

Morning...

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
I need to start scrolling these threads with my left thumb on iPad.
Inadvertently gave a dumb rating to Afterlife :0
Sorry Joe!
Cheers, Mac

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just wandered over into the miniDSP site, which I haven't been to in awhile. I'm immediately and totally fascinated with the nanoAVR room correction modules. After Christmas when the money settles out I'm thinking one of each.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just cleared out an extra sub, 7 channel amp and 4 surround speakers.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I wish 'cleared out' meant 'sold'. I mean boxed up and in storage. I don't think that amp is up to your standards. I mean it's pretty clean but probably an 8/10 on the Audiogon scale.

EDIT: Maybe 7/10. But maybe not quiet enough for you. I'd ship it to you ... I'm not sure why.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I wish 'cleared out' meant 'sold'. I mean boxed up and in storage. I don't think that amp is up to your standards. I mean it's pretty clean but probably an 8/10 on the Audiogon scale.

EDIT: Maybe 7/10. But maybe not quiet enough for you. I'd ship it to you ... I'm not sure why.
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I just quoted, but do you know of any decent, but cheap clamps?

Something strong enough to say, clamp a few flatpacks together? ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I just quoted, but do you know of any decent, but cheap clamps?

Something strong enough to say, clamp a few flatpacks together? ;)
I don't know clamps well enough to recommend a specific model. Bessey is a good name IIRC but let's face it, pipe clamps are like 'it'. I'd end up in Home Depot like everybody. Those adjustable hand jobs made by Vise/Irwin are generally pretty stout. I think Jorgenson made a name for themselves in clamps too. You gotta check prices but the Vise/Irwin deals are the weakest and probably the cheapest. I think they're 'good enough' for what you need.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I personally like the handles on the home depot orange clamps better than the red ones at lowes. I can't afford those fancy Irwin ones

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis