Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Does anyone happen to know if the shipper can contact the shipping company and request a change from direct signature to just adult signature after the item has shipped?
I don't know about that part, but unless it specifically requires a signature in person, you can put your signature on file with FedEx and have them leave it without you signing for it when it arrives.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know about that part, but unless it specifically requires a signature in person, you can put your signature on file with FedEx and have them leave it without you signing for it when it arrives.
You can do that with signature or adult signature, but not direct signature, which is why I hate it when people send with direct signature.

EDIT: Totally forgot that I moved. Back home the nearest Fedex location was over an hour away one way. Turns out that the nearest Fedex location these days is only 3 miles away from where I work so I can redirect to that location and pick it up on the way home. Good times right there.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You guys ever heard of Biofreeze? I tried it last night. There was a little left in the sample package that I squeezed out on one finger and applied to the problem area just now. After I was all done and cleaned up I rubbed my eyes and now know what it is to have one mentholated eye lid. Somehow my right eyeball feels cold ... and I'm trippin'.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Good memory, I do. However, the high voltage battery used to run the electric motor is not used for the main electrical systems. So, it also has the normal battery that other cars have - and if that goes bad, the car won't start.
We changed that battery in my wifes prius years ago, we swapped it out with an optima yellow or red top, got it on amazon for $150, dealer wanted $500 and couldn't get it for 8 days, amazon had it to us in 2 days...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
We changed that battery in my wifes prius years ago, we swapped it out with an optima yellow or red top, got it on amazon for $150, dealer wanted $500 and couldn't get it for 8 days, amazon had it to us in 2 days...
I thought about ordering one...and buying one around here at an auto shop. However, my car is due for service anyway (well, past due), so this inspired me to make an appointment for this morning to get it in. I'm just hoping the car will start one last time to get me on my way...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I thought about ordering one...and buying one around here at an auto shop. However, my car is due for service anyway (well, past due), so this inspired me to make an appointment for this morning to get it in. I'm just hoping the car will start one last time to get me on my way...
We have a couple extra vehicles so having the car down a few days wasn't a huge issue. With my wifes car nothing would work and the battery was in the rear under the hatch so since that opens electrically we couldn't open it to reveal the battery.. I had to hook up the jump pak through the cigarette lighter/power outlet, pop the trunk, and then swap out the battery which was at least an hour and a half of labor since they thought it would be a great idea to put 4 layers of ecm's and relays over the battery... Then after all that we still had to take it to the dealer for the keyless entry to get reprogrammed, what a mess that was...

Although I can not complain much about the car, we owned it a long time {longer than any other vehicle I ever bought, my wife wouldn't give it up} and just recently sold it for $14,000 {was going to keep it but it ended up just sitting at my shop without being touched since my wife got her new car} and I think I only paid $18K when it was new!!! 7-8 years old and I sold it for $4 less than I bought it for lol.. The only things we ever did were, tires, brakes, the battery, and head lights twice... I have to say I never felt like I lost with toyota..

Good luck with your service...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Irv. Luckily on the Fusion, the starter battery is under the hood right where you'd expect to find it - no electricity needed to get to it at all as the hood release is all mechanical.

I've thought about getting one of those jump starter packs to keep in my trunk. Sure, with a new battery, I shouldn't need one - but you never know. Plus, it would be nice to have around to help out other folks...instead of being "that guy" who needs a jump but doesn't even have cables in his car. Thing is, I have cables - just not in my car. Well, I do now. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks, Irv. Luckily on the Fusion, the starter battery is under the hood right where you'd expect to find it - no electricity needed to get to it at all as the hood release is all mechanical.

I've thought about getting one of those jump starter packs to keep in my trunk. Sure, with a new battery, I shouldn't need one - but you never know. Plus, it would be nice to have around to help out other folks...instead of being "that guy" who needs a jump but doesn't even have cables in his car. Thing is, I have cables - just not in my car. Well, I do now. :D
I have one in everyone of my trucks I buy this one, its a great deal from this company, I have some of that model that are 8 years old and still work perfect... http://www.tooltopia.com/solar-es5000.aspx
I also keep a pair of these http://www.tooltopia.com/lock-technology-275.aspx and http://www.tooltopia.com/steck-autobody-32900.aspx

I can NOT count how many people over the years I have helped with dead batteries and locked keys in cars... About a year and a half ago a women at the salon down the street from my house locked her keys in her car and her 4 month old son was in there too, I had just left from dropping my wife off so she called and told me to come back, the baby wasnt in danger it wasnt hot or anything like that, he was actually sleeping and didnt even know what was going on, if he was in danger I am sure someone would have just broke a window...
But I slipped the air bag in the door jam, pumped it up, slid in the wedge {you end up with about 2x2 inches of space} then just fed the rod in, hit her power lock button, and opened the door, took less than 3 minutes...
So for under $200 if you have them items in your trunk, not taking up a ton of space, you can help someone out, it is well worth it...

PS I used to just have a "slim jim" for opening the doors, but that is now dangerous with all the air bags and most new cars wont allow you to jimmy them anyway.. the airbag/wedge kit is much safer and does NO damage to the vehicle... I actually have the kit in my truck it comes with way more than you need but I bought it from the local tool guy before I knew you could just buy the wedge, rod, and air bag, them are the only pieces I have ever used...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
All this battery talk really makes me wonder where the battery is in my car.

Not so much that I am going to go look though....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I super duper hate it when people ship me things and require a direct signature. I mean, c'mon man. Now I've got to rush my a$$ home to try and make sure I don't miss the Fedex guy.

Does anyone happen to know if the shipper can contact the shipping company and request a change from direct signature to just adult signature after the item has shipped?
You are just concerned the girl will be home to sign for the delivery and have the look when you get home.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You are just concerned the girl will be home to sign for the delivery and have the look when you get home.
Well it weighs 130 lbs and we live on the 3rd floor. So when she sees me huffing and puffing this thing in the front door I'm still gonna get the look.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well it weighs 130 lbs and we live on the 3rd floor. So when she sees me huffing and puffing this thing in the front door I'm still gonna get the look.
Whoa ... good thing you never got that hand truck with a stair climber. :rolleyes:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Linus Thorvalds's new family member

it's a miniature American Eskimo. It's about three pounds right now, but it will never grow very big (ie perhaps 15 lbs when fully grown)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

it's a miniature American Eskimo. It's about three pounds right now, but it will never grow very big (ie perhaps 15 lbs when fully grown)
Very cute

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Fuzz, Why not request a delivery exception and pick it up at a fedex office location near work or home at your convenience?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Fuzz, Why not request a delivery exception and pick it up at a fedex office location near work or home at your convenience?
That's what I ended up doing, although it was giving me some trouble. I have a Fedex account so I was logging in and trying to click through the process to get that done and it kept spitting back that an error had occurred. I ended up logging out and going through the process as a guest and it worked.

So apparently if you are the person the package is being shipped to and you want to make any changes, Fedex won't let you, but if you're some random person you can make whatever changes you want as long as you have the tracking number. :rolleyes:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja

miniature american eskimo , its cute, but I tend to like big dogs, if there is ever a big famine and we have to eat our dogs, you are going to go hungry fast, lol...

turning family pets into meals for the family aside, It's funny how different some of my hobbies are, on my sinper forum the guys are always talking about their Presa's and Tibetins, on the Hot rod forum they have labs, some shepherds, boxers, ect.., on the hunting forums they have weims {thats what I have}, hound dogs, pointers, ect {obviously all hunting dogs}, and on here you guys have little tiny miniature pocketbook dogs... Of course there are exceptions and this isnt a written rule, lol...

in case you dont know what a presa canario or tibetin massive is...

and a couple of my guys.. we'll thats my female in the front and one of my males behind her {where they seem to always try and stay}. I am actually searching for another male puppy to breed with one of the grand offspring from these 2, both are dual champions {show and field}, and they are getting older, he is one of the best hunting dogs in the world and almost everyone of his puppies has sold over seas, there is a gentleman in india that bought 2 males from us for $8000, we had to ship the little guys to india, then he called me and said he will buy my male for $8,000 and sent the money, lol I refunded his money and tried to explain these are my pets!!! NOT FOR SALE.. He bought 3 more puppies from me over the years, I don't breed them anymore, it is a lot of work and my wife wants to keep them all, plus these dogs need to be with at least 1 other dog of similar temp., and you don't want to mix them with other breeds that don't hunt, and you don't want them too domesticated, where they see another hunter and want to go play and meet them, my wife hates the fact that I kind of treat them like "tools", but that is what they are, they are hunting tools, like a rifle you have to feed... Granted I love them and would never want anything to happen to them, but the reason I have them it to hunt, so when she takes them to a dog park and undoes my training, it screws their heads all up...

ANYWAY- dogs are great, good luck with that little guy, he sure is cute...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis