What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For some reason the picture is even looking better on the Fire TV - they may all have
some quirks - however the less quirks I have, the better I like it. > I just hooked the
Fire up today, and I can tell it is overall better.

I may still go ahead and buy the Roku streaming stick - as a second resource.
Yeah, I like the interface and the thing is just really darned fast. Minor issues I have is that it does not like to remember my wireless now and again when it starts back up, sometimes has app problems that required clearing data for the app. More like a phone or tablet than other HT devices I own since it is Android based I believe, but that also sometimes makes it simpler to fix ultimately. Still liking mine and use it all the time.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, a little late doing this, but I like all the boxes....

Still in my townhouse for another 3 months, so haven't picked up the Sevens yet. (using Aon 3/2 as Surrounds and the Superstat's for my bedroom TV as I stole the twos from there to finish most of the surrounds)
Getting there lol

View attachment 13953

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I bought that last night as well at Walmart. Passed up on the 3D and wnet with the BluRay/DVD combo
I have a buddy's who son works at Target, got the 3D version for $17.00 so pulled the trigger, for the 5 or 6 total movies I have in 3D

1. Tron
2. Captain America (both of them)
3. Avengers
4. Promethius
6. Hobbit / Hobbit Desolation of Smaug

Wow I have 8 total 3D movies....almost a popular as Dolby Atmos :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a buddy's who son works at Target, got the 3D version for $17.00 so pulled the trigger, for the 5 or 6 total movies I have in 3D

1. Tron
2. Captain America (both of them)
3. Avengers
4. Promethius
6. Hobbit / Hobbit Desolation of Smaug

Wow I have 8 total 3D movies....almost a popular as Dolby Atmos :)
The Hobbit and Desolation look amazing in 3D. Avengers and Promethus are also good pick ups. The converted scenes in Tron don't look as good, but the full 3D scenes do and are worth the price of admission.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
So I haven't been aat the shop when my "tool" guy has been there so he came up to the house to check on me, lol and of course brought his snap-on truck incase I needed any tools...
I have a tool addiction, I have a Snap-on Pit box at my shop, loaded top to bottom, probably around $200K worth of tools and computers, the box was $19K empty... And at the house I have another snappy box {much smaller and less money I think it was $5K} also full, but I found a little space, I bought a super shallow socket and ratchet set {really cool set}, a 4pc pliers set, and a black handle pry bar set, so $900 later, lol I have some more tools I will never use... I actually do use them , since I maintain my hotrods, boats, and motorcycles at the house, its handy to have a nice tool set...
heres a pic of the pry bar set

the ratchet and socket sets are to the right red and black set

not that I needed any more sockets, lol

I have over 550 sockets in this box total, from 2.5mm 1/4" drive to 1-15/16" 3/4 drive... At the shop my sockets and wrenches go up t0 2 3/4" 1" drive and i have around 1000 sockets there...

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So I haven't been aat the shop when my "tool" guy has been there so he came up to the house to check on me, lol and of course brought his snap-on truck incase I needed any tools...
I have a tool addiction, I have a Snap-on Pit box at my shop, loaded top to bottom, probably around $200K worth of tools and computers, the box was $19K empty... And at the house I have another snappy box {much smaller and less money I think it was $5K} also full, but I found a little space, I bought a super shallow socket and ratchet set {really cool set}, a 4pc pliers set, and a black handle pry bar set, so $900 later, lol I have some more tools I will never use... I actually do use them , since I maintain my hotrods, boats, and motorcycles at the house, its handy to have a nice tool set...
heres a pic of the pry bar set

the ratchet and socket sets are to the right red and black set

not that I needed any more sockets, lol

I have over 550 sockets in this box total, from 2.5mm 1/4" drive to 1-15/16" 3/4 drive... At the shop my sockets and wrenches go up t0 2 3/4" 1" drive and i have around 1000 sockets there...
Nice! Snap-on is right up there, the best tools on the market. But dang do you pay for it. And you gotta keep a close eye on it cuz they tend to disappear!

Most of my tools are cheapy walmart and harbor freight stuff. As tools are breaking, I'm working on getting better brands in my stock. I'm mostly looking at Craftsman.

Does Snap-on even sell to the public? I'm familiar with them because my bro was a mechanic for many years.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Nice! Snap-on is right up there, the best tools on the market. But dang do you pay for it. And you gotta keep a close eye on it cuz they tend to disappear!

Most of my tools are cheapy walmart and harbor freight stuff. As tools are breaking, I'm working on getting better brands in my stock. I'm mostly looking at Craftsman.

Does Snap-on even sell to the public? I'm familiar with them because my bro was a mechanic for many years.
They will sell to anyone, but to get service you will need a rep and they tend to visit businesses, I started buying them a long time ago, 75% of my tools are snap-on, the rest are SK, K&D, Mac, Cornwell, and Matco, I actually don't like snap on wrenches, I have a lot of them, but they are too thin, if you press hard enough they feel like they will cut into you... But their ratchets are nice, sockets, are super thin and strong, their pliers are good with soft handles, their screw drivers and pry bars are nicer than any other I have seen... I honestly think matco makes the best tools, but they don't have as much as snap on and they arent much cheaper, for example this small 1/4" drive socket set 1/4" DRIVE 10 PIECE SAE 6 POINT DEEP CHROME SOCKET SET SAD106TA | Matco Tools is $180 from matco its about $195 for snap-on but their is a lot more snap-on support around here than matco... The cheapest snap-on socket is something like $18 and its tiny, 1/4" x 1/4" which is the size of a pencil eraser, lol... And the most expensive one I have is a metric size I bought to fix a harmonic balancer on one of my compressors crank shafts and it cost me $560 for the socket that was the franchises cost, no markup at all!!!! 1 socket!!!!

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief

Werd on them disappearing, when I was still wrenching I used to mark mine creatively. Guy I know used to buy the 'industrial series' (not plated) since they were black and didn't look like anything to steal. Downside was the salt air and them didn't agree that well *shrug* but, wasn't a big issue for him.

Craftsman Professional is really good. I can hand a Craftsman Professional (since the Nascar sponsorship) to a guy, and then a Snap-On, and generally they won't be able to tell the difference. Down by me I've seen basic racket+socket sets for /really cheap/ at Sears in the Sunday paper occasionally - like 10 bucks for the set or something crazy. Watch the tool sales at Sears for a while and check the patterns.

My toolboxes are a mix of Snap-On, Craftsman Professional, and Craftsman used for custom angle wrenches, etc. (heated and bent to access specific things, etc).

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Not all that recent, but for slippery's tool buy...color coded stuff is awesome too:

My gf calls this 'laying out my crayons':

(notice projected Western Digital logo, complete accident but nice touch lol).

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Not all that recent, but for slippery's tool buy...color coded stuff is awesome too:

Hey, I like that color coding!

Yeah, you know, tools is 1 item that I don't have a problem laying down the $ for, as long as the quality is there.

And, the GF knows better than to hassle me about any $ spent on tools (I work on her truck as needed).

Many times, I have taken the $ that a single repair would have cost at the mechanic and invested it in tools instead. Get the job done for the same price, but then I have the tools for the next job that comes up.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Haha, yeah, the color coding can be very useful.

I agree about the cost of tools generally paying for themselves the first time you use them. Also can be passed down through generations.

I used to buy tools off the Snap On truck, now I mostly either have the things I use or can borrow from a friend - or go to Sears heh.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
After literally years of searching....I finally got a 1965 Black Bomber gas tank.
...and I didn't have to pay the average $2000 for it
I'm quite pleased, can finally finish this build.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja

I have that set in metric and std, best nut drivers ever made... I used to just buy orange handle drivers and ratchets, now I buy any color, it gets too addicting, yu start buying stuff just because it has an orange handle...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have that set in metric and std, best nut drivers ever made... I used to just buy orange handle drivers and ratchets, now I buy any color, it gets too addicting, yu start buying stuff just because it has an orange handle...
I've got a Bose system with an orange handle, we can work out a deal! :eek::D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis