What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I will be picking up a used pair of PSB Alpha Mites and two stands to complete my surround setup for my secondary system. Tsi way, I have another surround system at my disposal should my HT be absconded from me by my wife or kids+friends.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
desole... je voulais francais... google translator ;)

lol

I can't wait for #3, we get a new mary jane,.....

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
My new vinyl came from music direct, I couldn't resist the labor day sale, picked up a new yellow submarine {I bought mine used and its seen better days, plus it was like $12}, a Brother where art thou soundtrack {$12 also and its go some fun music on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjzcGOSl2a0 flip through there its a fun soundtrack, I have it on cd}, and of course the reason I put an order in the eagles box set for $115!!! I already listened to both sides of hotel california and ups only came an hour ago, lol....
here they are leaning against my sub where they will stay until I get through them, being home a lot lately it wont take long, maybe a little under 2 weeks... I have been playing a lot of vinyl lately, not sure why, but even in the bedroom, just throw on an album and listen to both sides then go to the next one...

Last edited:
Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Accept - Blind Rage

Iced Earth - Plagues Of Babylon

Down - IV Part II

Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard

And a WD TV media player. I wanted to give this a try and see if it can replace my HTPC.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
And a WD TV media player. I wanted to give this a try and see if it can replace my HTPC.

I have one of these with a 1TB USB drive attached to it. The interface is kinda clunky and sometimes slow to respond (slow compared to a ROKU using internet apps) but this thing will play just about any kind of media format file you care to throw at it. From a network media streaming point of view, this unit is hard to beat.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked this up yesterday.. a pair of PSB Alpha Mites to be used as my surround sound speakers + stand for $140.00 . For such small speakers, they really put out a big sound. I will me modifying the stands with some Home Depot parts to enlarge the platform to support these.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
A friend loaned me a decent old vector research turntable for my office system. I don't have any vinyl any longer so I bought a mint copy of Warren Zevon's Excitable Boy off epray. Now its waiting time.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon Fire TV - the Roku 3 is acting a little crazy
I like it better than the Roku still, though it isn't without its minor issues either.

Ordered Amzing Spiderman 2 3D BD today since it dropped to my price tracker level.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I like it better than the Roku still, though it isn't without its minor issues either.
For some reason the picture is even looking better on the Fire TV - they may all have
some quirks - however the less quirks I have, the better I like it. > I just hooked the
Fire up today, and I can tell it is overall better.

I may still go ahead and buy the Roku streaming stick - as a second resource.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
speaking of HTPC media clients - I had updated my openelec client to use one of latest xbmc (Gotham) 13.1 - Switched from my Aeon Nox skin to stock confluence due to lack of full skin support.
Confluence got much better now. It's looking great and very usable too. They hide most of advanced switches now by selection options level - normal/advanced/expert

And best part this upgrade is free - Do reminds me to buy a beer guy who maintains OpenElec - it's really great system

And as for new stuff - I buy so much now - I would just flood the whole thread if I list everything.

Notable things:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00602J27E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon.com : GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower : Walk Behind Lawn Mowers : Patio, Lawn & Garden
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007POATV4/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1
Amazon.com : Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger : String Trimmers : Patio, Lawn & Garden

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis