Time to buy a gun ... again

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't looked into that because her AR is a .22LR already.

Ah. Nod, wasn't big on the PS90. I'd like a H&K UMP !! (dreams heh)
View attachment 13578

Heh, imo a solid reason for looking at or buying assault rifles is that they are f*cking awesome.
lol. You can get the .22LR version of an MP5 from Walther. Probably the only way I'll get to own one too :)

Last edited:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
223's aren't as cheap as .22LR, but, can generally shoot 223's pretty cheap. Where do you shop for ammunition?

You can get the .22LR version of an MP5 from Walther. Probably the only way I'll get to own one too :)
That photo is of the MP6 .. unfortunately can't get that yet - only H&K and its all going to military as far as I know. It's shorter (more like a pistol) and under full auto is supposed to have much less muzzle rise (when firing automatics they tend to rise up and to the left, hehe, hence the 'spray' firing of newbies).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I tend to buy by the case when I can, online or local, depending on who has the best deal. A buddy of mine just picked up a half case of some new ammo and I tried it out this weekend with him. The price is considerably lower than local even with shipping and they'll credit you for returned empties as well. It is slightly hotter than the standard target ammo I buy (blazer, PMC or Federal, whatever's cheapest) and the M&P didn't like it but the Kahr did. I'll probably order either some more since it is fine for practice, especially at that price. I expected it to be more like Winchester White box which I don't like, but its actually pretty good.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A little plinking over the weekend with my buddy's CZ 455. He had it setup for .22LR, but also has the .17HMR barrel which we're going to shoot next time.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord

new suppressor.

still no-go on the papers. :(

i'm working on something though.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
J you are getting quite the collection there.... I picked up another tang safety early model 77 chambered in 22-250 last week, setting it up for yotes as we speak, its going to be a twin to my old coyote killer.... Besides that I havent gotten anything new, actually sold a 1911 to a friend of mine because he was having a hard time finding a nice used pistol for home protection so I gave up one of my springfield TRP's, but I have a Springfield MC operator on order, I can not wait for that guy to get here, olive drab two tone, it gives the sig scorpion 1911 a run for its money in the looks department...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Shield was what I wanted for carry already since the controls and take down are similar or identical to my full size, with the exception that this one has the thumb safety (only way it is on roster available here, otherwise SSE and SSE may or may not be allowed on CCW). Just ordered a Stealth Gear Onyx IWB holster for it. If I don't love that, I'll order another Crossbreed.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
went berserk buying sights and scopes :)

if you can't decide which one, buy them all ... sort it out later :D

Sightmark QD Reflex Sight x 2 (didn't like this one, so i sold both for Eotech and future MSE sight)
Primary Arms Compact 3x Scope (sold for the 4-14)
Primary Arms Red Dot AA Gen 3 Multi-Reticle (i liked this one, so i ordered 1 more)
Primary Arms MD-06L (i liked this one, so i ordered 1 more)
Primary Arms Reflex Sight (will add to 4-14 for quick acquisitions)
Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP
Primary Arms 1-4x
Primary Arms 1-6x Gen 2 ACSS
Primary Arms Advanced Series Red Dot (will sell this one as soon as i get it for the Holosun)
Eotech EXPS 2-0
Holosun Red Dot (basically same as the PA advanced series, but with auto-wake function)

Last edited:
M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Quick question - anyone here have their FFL? I ask because I am in the process of buying a business. So I will have a location to receive shipments and have been wanting to get the FFL. Any advice on applying for it? Lessons learned?

Thanks!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I have a few friends with ffl's, as it was explained to me, you fill out the application, get a finger print card, and pass port photos, then mail it all in with the fee payment. Then they review it and send it to the local atf agent in charge of licensing, he calls you in for an interview, you go and he talks to you for a bit when he is satisfied you get a licence or a denial and a reason for it before you leave that day.. It takes a couple to few months from what I have seen... If everything is in order they can not deny you, my cousin was denied but it was because he lived in a gated community that did not allow businesses of any sort and the ffl is generally tied to a business.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on the type of FFL. If you are going to be a manufacturer, the requirements are quite different. A friend of mine in Arizona has his manufacturer's and it took him quite a few months before he was approved. His gunsmith/sales/transfer was approved pretty quickly if I recall correctly, but what ImcLoud said sounds about right.

itschris

itschris

went berserk buying sights and scopes :)

if you can't decide which one, buy them all ... sort it out later :D

Sightmark QD Reflex Sight x 2 (didn't like this one, so i sold both for Eotech and future MSE sight)
Primary Arms Compact 3x Scope (sold for the 4-14)
Primary Arms Red Dot AA Gen 3 Multi-Reticle (i liked this one, so i ordered 1 more)
Primary Arms MD-06L (i liked this one, so i ordered 1 more)
Primary Arms Reflex Sight (will add to 4-14 for quick acquisitions)
Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP
Primary Arms 1-4x
Primary Arms 1-6x Gen 2 ACSS
Primary Arms Advanced Series Red Dot (will sell this one as soon as i get it for the Holosun)
Eotech EXPS 2-0
Holosun Red Dot (basically same as the PA advanced series, but with auto-wake function)
Just out of curiosity, why so many optics? I like Primary Arms, they make decent stuff for the money, but I think I'd rather have 1 or 2 Primary Arms and 1 or 2 higher end units like AimPoint, Trijicon, etc.

itschris

itschris

I've got Trijicon ACOGs on my rifles... I do have one Burris 1.5X9 on my 20" AR though which I kinda like.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sidebar on pistol sights. Looking at Trijicon HDs for my M&P. Most say they're the way to go for day/night use. More interested in them working during the day though them also being night sights is kind of a bonus? Anyone use them and what are your thoughts? Someone else recommended TruGlo TFOs but those have mixed reviews.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Just out of curiosity, why so many optics? I like Primary Arms, they make decent stuff for the money, but I think I'd rather have 1 or 2 Primary Arms and 1 or 2 higher end units like AimPoint, Trijicon, etc.
i wanted to give each model a try. there's no way i can try these in-store, so, i buy them all and decide which to keep.

for example, i bought the sightmark, micro dot and red dot AA to simulate Eotech, an Aimpoint T-1 and M4.

i decided from that, that i still like the large window even with two eyes open, i could live with the M4, but the micro will never be a primary optic.

sold all those, but on hindsight, thought, i should give the micro a try as a secondary sight on a scoped rifle.

and finally, you know what they say ... a sight for every rifle ... a rifle for every sight ... if one is lacking, buy some more. :D

seriously though, i'm looking at the Mepro M21 or MSE AQC-1C (if i get my hands on a Tavor or the like)

the other scopes will really go into their own rifles :) (except the 1-4 and 1-6 where i'm just choosing one of them)

the 1-4 has a crosshair which is more for my use, but the 1-6 has "truer 1x" and larger magnification.

i never liked the fixed magnified scopes, like the trijicon (tried the PA 3x), and they're too expensive for me.

i'm just playing around, it's like buying camera lenses :)

only 1 or 2 will actually be used for home defense. so it's a fight between the Eotech, MSE, Mepro, PA Advanced and Holosun.

itschris

itschris

Sidebar on pistol sights. Looking at Trijicon HDs for my M&P. Most say they're the way to go for day/night use. More interested in them working during the day though them also being night sights is kind of a bonus? Anyone use them and what are your thoughts? Someone else recommended TruGlo TFOs but those have mixed reviews.
This is going to be a FORD vs Chevy conversation depending on who you talk to. Reality: Either one is a fine choice. One difference is that the Trijicon is white during the day, green in the dark... tru-glo's are green all the time and probably a bit brighter. Trijicons are smaller, but that doesn't mean the Tru-glo's are too big. Just different.

The other concern is the tubes on tru-glo. Some way they're fragile and don't get cleaners or oil on them. Just as many say BS to that.

I'm about done finalizing a custom 1911 from Wilson Combat. I'm putting Tru-Glo's on it if that means anything to you. I've had the Trij on one of my XDs and had zero problems, however. I just think the Tru-Glos are brighter and brighter is better for me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is going to be a FORD vs Chevy conversation depending on who you talk to. Reality: Either one is a fine choice. One difference is that the Trijicon is white during the day, green in the dark... tru-glo's are green all the time and probably a bit brighter. Trijicons are smaller, but that doesn't mean the Tru-glo's are too big. Just different.

The other concern is the tubes on tru-glo. Some way they're fragile and don't get cleaners or oil on them. Just as many say BS to that.

I'm about done finalizing a custom 1911 from Wilson Combat. I'm putting Tru-Glo's on it if that means anything to you. I've had the Trij on one of my XDs and had zero problems, however. I just think the Tru-Glos are brighter and brighter is better for me.
Good info, and the sort of comments I was looking for. I'd actually kind of like these which were made for the M&P:

But I could get a set of TFOs AND the HDs for the price of those guys.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis