Time to buy a gun ... again

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

that's an 8" suppressor.

from a purely aesthetic point of view,

8" or 6" or 5" suppressor for this SBR?
What's the intended use? For SBR, I'd think you'd want it short and light as possible for CQB, but then sound wise, I'd probably think 6" or 8" would be better. Appearance wise, looks good with the 8"

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i don't really know what use this has ... except for display.

looking at ballistics for an SBR such as this, the 7" barrel practically makes this as effective as a 22LR in terms of home defense.
i think i'd be better served grabbing the RONI-Pistol. right?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
sights arrived last night

i have the OD Green MBUS on hand, but since you guys said black was better, will sell that one. ordered the new MBUS Pro :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
S&W is releasing 2 or 3 really nice new 9mm revolvers this year. I'm entertaining the idea of picking up one of them now that they've stopped selling pistols in Ca. (once the rest drop off the roster). I may just go with a Model 66 .357 though.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
mike c,
I see you started this thread, way back, asking about a 9mm revolver. Did you ever find one? Charter Arms now has one that doesn't need moon clips.
79920 9 mm Pitbull Rimless Revolver
i ended up with a 357 revolver in the wrong barrel length (i was shown a 4" in the gun show, and i was given a 6.5" ... naturally, being a dirty harry fan, i said nothing)

that guy who started this thread ... what a noob :D

it's too bad about that 9mm revolver ... i now find pistols and revolvers boring :D

well, depends on the price.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
i now find pistols and revolvers boring :D
Evolution. I have passed, (or "i" instead of "a"), through lots of segments in my journey. The most recently deceased being the black guns. Now I find myself back to the classics... double barrels, revolvers, lever actions...
It is a fun hobby for sure. Get tired of one thing and there are lots of others to explore.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Evolution. I have passed, (or "i" instead of "a"), through lots of segments in my journey. The most recently deceased being the black guns. Now I find myself back to the classics... double barrels, revolvers, lever actions...
It is a fun hobby for sure. Get tired of one thing and there are lots of others to explore.
Yup, yup.

My current trend is revolvers! I like the simplicity and reliability, and the fact that it's old technology.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Speaking of classics, some years ago I gave a nephew my Marlin 39A, .22 lever action. Yesterday decided I wanted to replace it. No such luck. Marlin site for new purchase says not available. Cursory search of gun sites shows nada, except a few real old ones. Surprised. Seems Marlin can't keep up w/ demand, and current owners are not letting theirs go.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yup. Marlins are a fine .22. One of the handed down guns that was stolen from us was a 22 inch barrel buttstock loader and all of our speed loaders with it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
OK, I looked at this thing over the weekend... and I really like it. Kriss Vector Carbine. .45 ACP, handles nice, very light and just really comfortable. Pricetag wasn't so pretty though :eek: $2K for CA compliant.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
^ coincidentally, i was offered that the other day. 8000usd over here. it's exorbitant, but super tempting, as i went to the gun store last weekend to submit the long list of documents needed for buying the Sig522. i found out that i had to go to the central police camp twice on business days. (one for the neuro and drug test, the other for the fingerprinting and ID picture). i simply can't miss work.

now i'm looking at non-legal options as an FU gov't. (hence the kriss vector) :)

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
OK, I looked at this thing over the weekend... and I really like it. Kriss Vector Carbine. .45 ACP, handles nice, very light and just really comfortable. Pricetag wasn't so pretty though :eek: $2K for CA compliant.

Nice. Were you getting the silencer too? (have a Class III permit?)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No silencers allowed here in CA, so the one pictured is a little different than the one I looked at. I also looked at the PS90 which has an extension on the barrel that looks like a silencer but is basically just a shroud to bring it up to CA length compliance otherwise it would be classified as a SBR. Same price too, but shoots 5.7FN, which would be kind of a drawback since it is a bit harder to get.

And then there's the Tavor SAR w/9mm conversion

Don't really NEED any of these, but my buddy was looking so we looked at everything :)

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
No silencers allowed here in CA, so the one pictured is a little different than the one I looked at. I also looked at the PS90 which has an extension on the barrel that looks like a silencer but is basically just a shroud to bring it up to CA length compliance otherwise it would be classified as a SBR. Same price too, but shoots 5.7FN, which would be kind of a drawback since it is a bit harder to get.
Ah. Nod, wasn't big on the PS90. I'd like a H&K UMP !! (dreams heh)
lg_ump.jpg

Don't really NEED any of these, but my buddy was looking so we looked at everything :)
Heh, imo a solid reason for looking at or buying assault rifles is that they are f*cking awesome. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, the hold on the PS90 would take some getting used to, but its a pretty interesting design. I liked the Vector a LOT more. Very natural hold and very light, but .45 is expensive to shoot too, and I don't reload yet.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
do you know an online store selling just the 22LR BCG conversion (no magazine so it'd be CA legal) for the AR15?

i'm working on the assumption that:

black dog magazines can be used in a Sig 522.
black dog magazines can be used in a converted AR15.

therefore Sig522 magazines (sold here) can be used in a converted AR15?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis