What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I couldn't very well tell Afterlife2 to buy this album when I didn't have it myself? Oh wait... I did tell him to buy when I didn't have it.. :eek: . I just picked up a brand new vinyl copy of this 1968 pressing.. but it'd not on 180gm vinyl. I can't wait to play this baby.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just to follow up.. I listened to the album last night and its a very well recorded very quiet album. I love "Season Of Witch" ....made me take out my Harmonica and wail away with the song. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I like to run with the slime-filled tubes, and I also have thorn-proof liners on mine. You might not need it, but where I live thorns are everywhere.

I also attach my hand-pump to my water bottle mount and go without a bottle. The CO2 pumps are nice, but there is a chance that you run out and forget to buy more CO2. The hand pump is a chore, but you know it will be there in a pinch. I ride with a camelbak for my water, and keep a bike multi-tool and spare tube in my camelbak too. You only have to make a several-mile hike with your bike 1 time to learn that lesson.
I don't think there are a lot of thorns near me. The guy I bought the bike from didn't seem too concerned about it so I figured I was probably alright.

I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure my bike has two mounting points so I'd be able to do a bottle and the pump. Although in the topeak diagram for their pump holder, it shows it mounting under a water bottle holder so apparently it can do that as well. I'm just not sure if the mount comes with the pump or not since Amazon's description is a little vague. I'm guessing it doesn't.

So far I've been using my old camelback, but it's more for hiking and I don't have the bottom waist clip anymore so it slides all over the place. I'd like to get the biking camelbak and I've been looking for a good deal on one from ebay and Amazon.

I do have a bike tool, but that's a good idea about having a spare tube as well. Looks like I may be swinging by the bike store this weekend to pick one up.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think there are a lot of thorns near me. The guy I bought the bike from didn't seem too concerned about it so I figured I was probably alright.

I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure my bike has two mounting points so I'd be able to do a bottle and the pump. Although in the topeak diagram for their pump holder, it shows it mounting under a water bottle holder so apparently it can do that as well. I'm just not sure if the mount comes with the pump or not since Amazon's description is a little vague. I'm guessing it doesn't.

So far I've been using my old camelback, but it's more for hiking and I don't have the bottom waist clip anymore so it slides all over the place. I'd like to get the biking camelbak and I've been looking for a good deal on one from ebay and Amazon.

I do have a bike tool, but that's a good idea about having a spare tube as well. Looks like I may be swinging by the bike store this weekend to pick one up.
I always mounted my pump underneath my water bottle, but then it stuck out a little. It worked fine though. My mountain cycle I believe had 2 because standard tube mounts wouldn't work on those tubes.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I always mounted my pump underneath my water bottle, but then it stuck out a little. My last bike (Mountain Cycle San Andreas) had 2 mounting points because the tubes were square so standard tube mounts wouldn't work.
I ended up mounting it under the water bottle, but moved the water bottle to the other position. These Presta valves are not getting along with me.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
They are here :D

I sold the Intel NUC setup that I was using as HTPC to cover the cost of the Boston speakers and the Amazon Fire TV. A week ago I picked up a Dell Optiplex desktop from my college's spring clearance sale for $35. I added a $40 nVidia GT610 video card in it and now I have a HTPC again for only $100 ($25 for Logitech K400r). :D

I've spent too much this month. My wife needs to take my laptop away from me :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The copper one? I'm guessing so since that's the pic you used. Looks cool. I kinda want one.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The copper one? I'm guessing so since that's the pic you used. Looks cool. I kinda want one.
Yep. The $119 level with the two copper tubes and the stand. My brother got that one, and after thinking about it for a week or so, I finally decided to buy in. I want the silver one, but I'm way too cheap to spend $1500 on that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yep. The $119 level with the two copper tubes and the stand. My brother got that one, and after thinking about it for a week or so, I finally decided to buy in. I want the silver one, but I'm way too cheap to spend $1500 on that.
I saw the other post about this that you posted and since then I've been hemming and hawing to myself over which level to get. I knew I wanted the original with the copper tube and stand, but was thinking about settling on the anodized black set. Then again the copper set would be super cool. There are 7 days left for me to figure out which if any I spring for.

Of course my first thought when I saw it was, "I could so use this in school to demonstrate the physics properties and then tie that in to some math that we're doing." So basically, I wanted it as soon as I saw it and immediately tried justifying it to myself :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the other post about this that you posted and since then I've been hemming and hawing to myself over which level to get. I knew I wanted the original with the copper tube and stand, but was thinking about settling on the anodized black set. Then again the copper set would be super cool. There are 7 days left for me to figure out which if any I spring for.

Of course my first thought when I saw it was, "I could so use this in school to demonstrate the physics properties and then tie that in to some math that we're doing." So basically, I wanted it as soon as I saw it and immediately tried justifying it to myself :D
Well, I can't think of a better demonstration than multiple materials - the $149 set with aluminum and copper tubes seems like the way to go! :D

Hmmm, maybe I should get that instead. Darn you, teacher boy...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I can't think of a better demonstration than multiple materials - the $149 set with aluminum and copper tubes seems like the way to go! :D

Hmmm, maybe I should get that instead. Darn you, teacher boy...
Now see, if the $149 level had two originals and one of each of the others I'd be in. As it is, I'd rather have two coppers, than 4 aluminums. Plus I'm not sure the stand that comes with that is a double.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now see, if the $149 level had two originals and one of each of the others I'd be in. As it is, I'd rather have two coppers, than 4 aluminums. Plus I'm not sure the stand that comes with that is a double.
Then, I see two obvious options: (1) go for the $500 pack that has two of each...eeeee, or (2) get someone else to donate and snag an $89 Flux Original along with the $149 pack. Option 2 gets you two magnets. Dude, you could seriously hurt someone with two of those. Heck, one is dangerous. But two? You might get fired...and sued...but you'd be remembered until the day those kids die. Well, the ones that survive the demo, that is.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Then, I see two obvious options: (1) go for the $500 pack that has two of each...eeeee, or (2) get someone else to donate and snag an $89 Flux Original along with the $149 pack. Option 2 gets you two magnets. Dude, you could seriously hurt someone with two of those. Heck, one is dangerous. But two? You might get fired...and sued...but you'd be remembered until the day those kids die. Well, the ones that survive the demo, that is.
I sent one of the guys a message to ask about fiddling with their perks :p :D He'll probably say no, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I'm pretty sure if I asked my GF to pay $89 for these things she'd laugh in my face then get mad that I just spent $149 on the other package :eek:

Not if we all wear hockey pads and safety glasses :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I sent one of the guys a message to ask about fiddling with their perks
That reminds me - when's the parade this year?

:p

You probably saw that they do mention buying a second magnet, so they must have some ability to customize the sets. Also, they are probably going to sell an accessory to contain the magnet, which will be an add-on.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't keep track, I just get the e-mail notification and plan accordingly :D

That reminds me - when's the parade this year?

:p
I did see that when I was browsing the FAQ's and comments trying to see if they do that sort of thing. I'm, and I'm sure everyone, is interested in that container.

You probably saw that they do mention buying a second magnet, so they must have some ability to customize the sets. Also, they are probably going to sell an accessory to contain the magnet, which will be an add-on.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know why a plastic container wouldn't work. After all, it stopped Magneto. :D
Don't nobody want to pay $150 for these things to store them in tuppa-ware. :p

Then again it could make for a cool DIY project to custom make a little wooden storage box. Right up my alley :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not to derail our derailing of this thread, but I couldn't resist trying these out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis