What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I went with the HTC One M8 over the Samsung Galaxy S5 and actually sold my one month only Nokia Lumia Icon...yes I change phones a lot

All things being pretty much equal between devices outside of camera and sound quality, the overall build and feel of the HTC was the deciding factor. I just have a hard time paying that much for plastic :). It is nice that HTC gives you a 6 month screen crack warranty with the device. It also helps that it comes with 32Gb vs 16 on the S5 and now gives you the ability to upgrade memory.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The metal case just didn't sell me, though I like the color and feel, but mine goes in a case instantly anyway. Build quality? Can't say I can see much difference there either, nor could the reviews. 32GB on board would have been nice (S5 can be had in 32 also, but at additional cost), but I already have a 32GB SD in there and it supports 128GB IIRC. Unless you can push the app or data to the card though, that doesn't help, and my one app that uses my space won't let me push my music to the SD. I was not dissatisfied with the camera in the S4, but the better battery life and better camera were what sold me on the S5. I am not as excited about the 5 as I was about the 4, but still pleased with it. I think I might have preferred the less "futzed with" Android on the M8 though :) Even though Samsung has done a little less "samsunging" to the 5 than the 4, the apps are still clearly geared toward their own, and those are the ones I replace immediately in many cases anyway.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The metal case just didn't sell me, though I like the color and feel, but mine goes in a case instantly anyway. Build quality? Can't say I can see much difference there either, nor could the reviews. 32GB on board would have been nice (S5 can be had in 32 also, but at additional cost), but I already have a 32GB SD in there and it supports 128GB IIRC. Unless you can push the app or data to the card though, that doesn't help, and my one app that uses my space won't let me push my music to the SD. I was not dissatisfied with the camera in the S4, but the better battery life and better camera were what sold me on the S5. I am not as excited about the 5 as I was about the 4, but still pleased with it. I think I might have preferred the less "futzed with" Android on the M8 though :) Even though Samsung has done a little less "samsunging" to the 5 than the 4, the apps are still clearly geared toward their own, and those are the ones I replace immediately in many cases anyway.
I can see the reasoning behind the case, I put mine in a Otterbox Commuter which has already saved my phone twice. I do have the HTC Dotview Case, for when I am just going out on a casual night, which is really a neat little case, but offers next to nothing on protection.

Matt34

Matt34

I went with the HTC One M8 over the Samsung Galaxy S5 and actually sold my one month only Nokia Lumia Icon...yes I change phones a lot

All things being pretty much equal between devices outside of camera and sound quality, the overall build and feel of the HTC was the deciding factor. I just have a hard time paying that much for plastic :). It is nice that HTC gives you a 6 month screen crack warranty with the device. It also helps that it comes with 32Gb vs 16 on the S5 and now gives you the ability to upgrade memory.
Got the same phone last month, so far so good. I like it better than my S3 and I had no real issues with the S3.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Picket up some matching rear surrounds yesterday. Pictures suck, but they do look great. I am looking at them and don't have any idea how to mount them yet. These things are huge and heavy. They are not scratched or anything in the front it's just a reflection.

I think they look best in this picture. Need a better camera.

Last edited:
walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Found temporary resting place for rear surrounds. That is going be a challenge to do this right.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Found temporary resting place for rear surrounds. That is going be a challenge to do this right.

Hey Walter.
How does it work there. Do your neighbors just start dialing the cops with a noise complaint as soon as they see the UPS truck?:D
Enjoy, they look good.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this at Walmart yesterday for $21 taxes in which seems reasonable for a bluray

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I returned the Synology NAS because the software was really stupid and not very user friendly.

Today I ordered a WD MyCloud EX2

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I returned the Synology NAS because the software was really stupid and not very user friendly.

Anything with WIFI should be able to connect to it without going through a PC first, correct?

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Anxious to hear what you think of the WD Lulimet!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
10 bucks only for 2 different concerts on bluray from amazon sale. Can't beat that, if you like her.:cool:

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned

I had the pleasure to listen to a pair of these a few weeks ago they are grate can't wait to here your feed back on them well done

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis