Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Holy crap! Man glad your injury is relatively minor.

Why didn't the a airbag deploy?

8 accidents in 8 years! Perhaps you weren't legally at fault, but are you also 100% beyond reproach? If not, you need to be more vigilant of bad drivers around you.
Rear end collision should not result in front airbag deployment.

Vigilance will help, but won't prevent other stupid drivers. In this case, he was rear ended while stopped. Paying attention won't prevent that. I was hit like that also, sitting at a red light. I saw it coming and had nowhere to go either. Barrier on one side, cars on the other and in front of me.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks everybody :)

That's why I put the explanation of what rear ended meant :)

Anyway, my car is a 2013 Civic, so it definitely has airbags. The reason why my forehead hit the steering wheel is because I was stopped at a yield sign, obviously yielding to oncoming traffic, and was leaning forward, watching the cars come. I was probably just a few inches away from the wheel when I was hit, which is why my head was able to slam into it. I don't know how fast the girl was driving, but it felt like a pretty hard hit. Our cars both looked fine afterwards though.
Am I wrong thinking that, as you were so close to steering wheel.... Actually it could be quite bad if airbag ejected then as it would explode straight into your face and hit you very hard.....

As far as I know airbag deployment is based on the fact that you should sit in a normal position, with quite a bit of distance to steering wheel

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Damnit...just cracked the screen on my phone :( At least I am eligible for an upgrade and was considering the S5, but I LIKE my phone (S4). The problem is, I don't even know how it happened. It was connected to the car via bluetooth and working fine, got out and checked it like always while walking into the building and nothing. I pulled the battery and restarted, but only a few pixels in the corner come on...then I notice the cracks in the screen. WTF?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Glad you're OK Phillip. So many accidents. Its like you're half Asian or something :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
New BMW X4 coming up, and it's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :p
Do not like. And I like the X1 even less. I saw the new 4 coupe on the road though and though it was pretty nice looking. Not so much a fan of the Bangle era though.

Damnit...just cracked the screen on my phone
At least I am eligible for an upgrade and was considering the S5, but I LIKE my phone (S4). The problem is, I don't even know how it happened. It was connected to the car via bluetooth and working fine, got out and checked it like always while walking into the building and nothing. I pulled the battery and restarted, but only a few pixels in the corner come on...then I notice the cracks in the screen. WTF?
Dropped by Verizon and got an insurance replacement that should be here tomorrow. Then going to transfer that one to the G/F since her DroidX2 is having issues also, and get the S5 for myself.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Do not like. And I like the X1 even less. I saw the new 4 coupe on the road though and though it was pretty nice looking. Not so much a fan of the Bangle era though.
I never seen the X4, but I like the X6, it seems like there's lots of mixed feelings about these cars, we got a 3 series coupe and I rwally like it lots!

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
6) At least 4 or 5 years ago. My fault. I tapped somebody for not moving at a green light. Dunno if it qualifies as an accident since there was no damage. I was honking and honking and they refused to move. I tapped them. Shouldn't have done that of course (I've calmed down since then).
I'd say it doesn't qualify as an accident because, well, you did it on purpose. :p

3) August 25, 2006...Slammed into her and totaled my car...
4) August 31, 2006...Rear ended at a decent speed by a drunk...I was beyond furious with her...
You should have cut her some slack. So, she had a few drinks - who wouldn't have after some dude smashed into them on their way to work the previous week?

:D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
At least his cell-mates won't have to ask him what he's 'in' for.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis