Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got rear ended (a car hit my car from behind, for those who are curious :)) on Sunday. Forehead slammed into my steering wheel. Thought I might have a mild concussion. Was still feeling out of sorts yesterday, so I went to the ER. They also said I probably have a mild concussion. I guess those are hard to diagnose. Still feeling out of sorts today, but I guess you can feel like that for weeks after bashing your head. They told me if I have any nausea or vomiting to come on back.

Dealing with my insurance so far has been painless, but it usually is (I have USAA). I've made a couple claims in the last few years, but none with me as the at fault driver. I've also been in at least 8 accidents in the last 8 years :(

The at fault driver has State Farm and the rep who called me yesterday was also pretty nice. They haven't been able to get ahold of their driver to receive her statement, but it's pretty obvious that it was her fault, so hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
That really sucks. Hope it all works out, but the head injury is the one to keep an eye on for sure. They aren't so concerned with the seriousness it or they would have brought you in for more in depth observation. Thing is, just get checked out completely since it is on the other person's dime, not yours, and it is YOUR health in question not their insured or the insurance company.

I got in an accident with a guy and he had USAA. He was clearly at fault too, and they were literally the worst company I've ever had to deal with; presumably being insured with them they might be different.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, it's probably different since I'm insured with them. When my first car was totaled, I was paid more than what I paid for it, plus I got a small settlement for my pain (probably should have gotten a larger one, but oh well). When my last car blew up, they paid me $2000 over the KBB value.

I'll definitely keep an eye on my head injury, although I'm really not sure what to do. I have no idea how hard I hit the steering wheel (I don't think it was super hard since there isn't any bruising or fracturing). I didn't get an xray or CT scan at the ER since I passed all their normal testing easily. I have been having trouble focusing on my computer screen here at work, and I do feel like I'm not 100%. If it is a mild concussion, based on my google-fu, I could experience symptoms for weeks (or even months).

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Got rear ended (a car hit my car from behind, for those who are curious :)) on Sunday. Forehead slammed into my steering wheel. Thought I might have a mild concussion. Was still feeling out of sorts yesterday, so I went to the ER. They also said I probably have a mild concussion. I guess those are hard to diagnose. Still feeling out of sorts today, but I guess you can feel like that for weeks after bashing your head. They told me if I have any nausea or vomiting to come on back.

Dealing with my insurance so far has been painless, but it usually is (I have USAA). I've made a couple claims in the last few years, but none with me as the at fault driver. I've also been in at least 8 accidents in the last 8 years :(

The at fault driver has State Farm and the rep who called me yesterday was also pretty nice. They haven't been able to get ahold of their driver to receive her statement, but it's pretty obvious that it was her fault, so hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
Hope everything works out and that you are OK.

The hi-lighted made me chuckle...Curiosity is way in the rear view for most of these nut jobs.:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Okay, I know you all are being nice, but come ON. That one is just too perfect. :D
I just couldn't do it. I didn't want to be that guy.
It was very tempting...

Is your car pre-airbag?
From what I understand he likes to live on the edge, as I do.
We shut off the passenger side air bag and then drive from that side.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
From what I understand he likes to live on the edge, as I do.
We shut off the passenger side air bag and then drive from that side.
If that's the case, I wonder how he managed to hit his head on the steering wheel...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Clint's been banned... interesting.
Man, I could punch you for not including a link to his profile...I had to track it down. :D

Interesting, indeed. Zero rep points, too. Took him back to the beginning, except at least his posts are still here. I wonder if it's a glitch, or if he did move on and they just haven't gotten to the main AH site and updated his pages there, yet.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Clint's been banned... interesting.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Doug, you should know better not to discuss banned or reasons why... I do know that the "name we shall not mention" has moved from AH Sr Editor into mostly reviewing hardware tools - check his G+ page. He did promise to stay somewhat active here....

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks everybody :)

Okay, I know you all are being nice, but come ON. That one is just too perfect. :D
That's why I put the explanation of what rear ended meant :)

Anyway, my car is a 2013 Civic, so it definitely has airbags. The reason why my forehead hit the steering wheel is because I was stopped at a yield sign, obviously yielding to oncoming traffic, and was leaning forward, watching the cars come. I was probably just a few inches away from the wheel when I was hit, which is why my head was able to slam into it. I don't know how fast the girl was driving, but it felt like a pretty hard hit. Our cars both looked fine afterwards though.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks everybody :)

That's why I put the explanation of what rear ended meant :)

Anyway, my car is a 2013 Civic, so it definitely has airbags. The reason why my forehead hit the steering wheel is because I was stopped at a yield sign, obviously yielding to oncoming traffic, and was leaning forward, watching the cars come. I was probably just a few inches away from the wheel when I was hit, which is why my head was able to slam into it. I don't know how fast the girl was driving, but it felt like a pretty hard hit. Our cars both looked fine afterwards though.
Well, at least your car is OK, that's the important thing....um....let me rephrase that....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Since most of you here are experts in Rear collisions.:D
You'd know air bags don't deploy during them.
Yeah, that came to mind later. The neurons (or whatever they are) are firing slow today.:eek:

Oh, and if, as you say, we are the rear collision experts, does that make you the expert on the frontal kind...?:p

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja

... I've also been in at least 8 accidents in the last 8 years :(
Holy crap! Man glad your injury is relatively minor.

Why didn't the a airbag deploy?

8 accidents in 8 years! Perhaps you weren't legally at fault, but are you also 100% beyond reproach? If not, you need to be more vigilant of bad drivers around you.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Holy crap! Man glad your injury is relatively minor.

Why didn't the a airbag deploy?

8 accidents in 8 years! Perhaps you weren't legally at fault, but are you also 100% beyond reproach? If not, you need to be more vigilant of bad drivers around you.
For the airbag, see above :)

I don't have exact dates on my accident history, but most of them seemed to be fairly unavoidable except for a few:
1) This actually might have been closer to ten years ago rather than eight. Completely my fault. It was late and I was tired. I was new to driving. I was leaving my friend's house and I backed into his girlfriend's car :( Fairly minor damage though.
2) Maybe 8 years ago, I was in my sister's car with my dad driving. We were rear ended at a red light. Not much we could have done about it. Minor accident.
3) August 25, 2006. I was on my way to work, driving about 45 mph. Some girl pulled out right in front of me. Slammed on my brakes but it wasn't enough. Slammed into her and totaled my car. Couldn't have gone anywhere because to my left was a full lane of cars and to my right was buildings. My first major accident.
4) August 31, 2006. Driving my grandparents' Jeep Liberty. Rear ended at a decent speed by a drunk, 500 feet from my house. I accelerated when I saw her coming but it was too late. I was beyond furious with her. I was coming back from class at night and it was the one day I had forgotten my cellphone at my house, so I couldn't call the cops. She also gave me false information. It was taken care of in the end. She left her bumper with license plate attached in the middle of the street. I moved it to the grass. Relatively major accident. Couple thousand dollars worth of damage to the Jeep.
5) Unsure about the date, but it was a few years ago. Was in a large group of people backing up on the highway to exit (there was a major accident ahead and the highway was shut down). Somebody backed into me. Couldn't have done much about it, but it was minor so no big deal.
6) At least 4 or 5 years ago. My fault. I tapped somebody for not moving at a green light. Dunno if it qualifies as an accident since there was no damage. I was honking and honking and they refused to move. I tapped them. Shouldn't have done that of course (I've calmed down since then).
7) This was about 2 years ago. On my way to work. Was at an intersection behind a truck, waiting to turn left (in the left of two left turn lanes). A large truck (car hauler) was turning left in the right lane and the truck I was behind got scared that he was going to hit him during the turn so he backed up. Directly into me.
8) This recent accident.

I don't know if it counts as an accident but my 2006 Hyundai Sonata (~66,700 miles) blew up January 2nd, 2013.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis