What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ordered another BJC FE HDMI cable because I can't find the last one I ordered after the move....

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai

Haven't had as much time to play with it as I'd like. But after a quick and dirty one-position sweep on each of my subs with REW and re-measure, the overall response is pretty flat on each sub individually and both subs together. I'll have to play some more to move my house curve implementation from my receiver to my miniDSP. But initial impression is that I'm pleased. My subs are tame now, operating in better sync with each other without either trying to battle for my attention on any particular notes.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
G.I. Joe Retaliation Bluray from Amazon... on account of you guys said the bass is real good. I think we saw it on Netflix, but don't remember.
Oh Yeh... almost forgot... the SVS PB13U arrives today. :D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
My 3.5" external hard drive refused to power up and smelled like something was burning. Thankfully it is only a backup drive and so no data will be lost even if the HDD is kaput. I am on tenterhooks since there will be no backup in the event my laptop HDD crashes.

So, I ordered this external case to see if the HDD is okay. $16 shipped. (Regular price $19.99 on sale till 04/23.)

Rosewill RX35-AT-SC BLK Black External Enclosure - Newegg.com

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^I have 4 of those. 6 bucks why not. Always wanted to see it, but NF/Prime don't have it. Love Sci-fi. :)

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Doing it the right way now. Synology DS-213j and two Toshiba 3 TB drives. I will probably do RAID 1.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
^^I have 4 of those. 6 bucks why not.
At the risk of giving away a trade secret :)p) I'll just say that I love it when guys switch to HTPC's because they usually dump all their BD's for pretty good price. Especially when you buy in bulk :D

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I love it when guys switch to HTPC's because they usually dump all their BD's for pretty good price. Especially when you buy in bulk :D
:D I know what you mean. I sold 48 bluray movies for $120 on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Nobody bid higher than that. lol

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
:D I know what you mean. I sold 48 bluray movies for $120 on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Nobody bid higher than that. lol
Yikes 2.50 a disc, that's rough. You shouldve sold on here, you could've gotten more. OR I should've looked on eBay for your listing. What I deal I could've gotten, then sold any doubles to recoup some of money :D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
My 3.5" external hard drive refused to power up and smelled like something was burning. Thankfully it is only a backup drive and so no data will be lost even if the HDD is kaput. I am on tenterhooks since there will be no backup in the event my laptop HDD crashes.

So, I ordered this external case to see if the HDD is okay. $16 shipped. (Regular price $19.99 on sale till 04/23.)

Rosewill RX35-AT-SC BLK Black External Enclosure - Newegg.com

This arrived from Newegg yesterday and I transferred the old HDD to the new enclosure. It works flawlessly. Plus, the old enclosure's interface was USB2.0 and the new one is SATA. So, I get a nice bump in data transfer speed.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice. When did the S5 come out?
Last week I believe. Just in time for me to crack my phone this week :( I like it a lot so far, but they moved some things around so it takes a bit of getting used to coming from the S4. Running 4.4 with the newer processors, it is definitely noticeable how fast it is even compared to the S4. It also is the first phone I've owned in a while that uses a different charger so only the charger that came with it fits so I can't use the other ~10 chargers I have. I looked at the main competition for it too, the HTC One M8 and I wasn't too impressed with it other than the all metal case.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Last week I believe. Just in time for me to crack my phone this week :( I like it a lot so far, but they moved some things around so it takes a bit of getting used to coming from the S4. Running 4.4 with the newer processors, it is definitely noticeable how fast it is even compared to the S4. It also is the first phone I've owned in a while that uses a different charger so only the charger that came with it fits so I can't use the other ~10 chargers I have. I looked at the main competition for it too, the HTC One M8 and I wasn't too impressed with it other than the all metal case.
My wife just upgraded to the S5 from the RAZR Max. She loved her RAZR until it started to have issues...she really likes the S5 a lot. Once she's completely used to it I'm sure she will love it also.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My wife just upgraded to the S5 from the RAZR Max. She loved her RAZR until it started to have issues...she really likes the S5 a lot. Once she's completely used to it I'm sure she will love it also.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I was very happy with my S4, which is why I didn't have a problem going to the S5. I gave my replacement S4 to my woman because her Moto DroidX2 started to randomly shut down and freeze, so rather than wait for it to fail we killed two birds with one stone/phone.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis