Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Speaking of the Abbado BD's, they're giving the Cinepro and Threshold a nice workout today :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yup those are them. The opening if symphony 5 at reference or at least as loud as you can stand is awesome. Starts with a lone trumpet and then crescendos nicely, right of the bat. It's one if the few BD's I listen to in direct.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So was there a verdict on the 103D?
If I can find some time, I'd like to do a little more detailed write up on it. Hoepfully this weekend, nothing huge, but a little informal review. There is a verdict and it's a bit more tempered than pretty much every other review I've read on it.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Wow fuz your power amp fetish is kinda getting out of hand

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
:D how does it sound now? Last I spoke to you it was angry at you

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
:D how does it sound now? Last I spoke to you it was angry at you

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk
Got it all figured out. Once I finish the new sub I'll get the signal chain cleaned up so I don't have any issues in the future.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Very nice how many subs have you got in there now?

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice how many subs have you got in there now?

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk
Only 2 presently. The newest addition will be another dual opposed with 18" drivers. So between two dual opposed and the big 18 I should have enough subwoofers for like a month or two. :)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
That'll sound nice, I'm going to run 4 12s :)

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Getting everything set up for the introduction of some new things :D

While everything was apart, I opened up the two new amps and disconnected one of the fans in each. So now that there is only a single fan running in each amp the noise level is cut in half and is much more acceptable. Saves me a few bucks in replacement fans for a little while. Eventually I want to replace them with much much quieter fans, but at a minimum price of $10/fan this will do for now.

Last edited:
Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Do all your speakers have there own power amps or do you run your mains off one surrounds off another?

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Do all your speakers have there own power amps or do you run your mains off one surrounds off another?
HT Front L/R, side surrounds, rear surrounds all run off the Cinepro 3K6SE. Phils are run off of the Threshold. The heights are run off of the Aragon. The center is run off of one channel of the AB1200C and the other channel drives the single 18". Each driver of the DO gets a single channel of the Crest 5.0 and the future DO will get one channel per driver of the Peavey.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There's also a pedestal that came with it, but as you can see it's a bit high as it sits so the pedestal will have to wait for another room.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Alex, now you need the matching towers to that center. I think these are it. This way you center doesn't look out of place.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis