Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I took a walk.

There were other people outside.

I tried not to frighten them.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure. She has in the past over exerted herself on a walk and had trouble with her hind leg being sore/stiff for a day or two. The family that watched her said that she walked a lot on Wednesday night, so this is longer than usual for her to have an issue. Plus, on Saturday, I had to lift her hind section off of the ground in order for her to stand a couple of times - and that's really unusual. I've started giving her buffered aspirin again to help out. They weren't home when I went to get her Friday late afternoon, and she could barely get up to leave. Real nice family, but I'll be asking my friend...in general..."wtf?"
When my old male {Joshua} walked on pavement for a long distance with out running a little here and there he would be stiff for a week, his hind legs would be straight and tense like muscle spasms... Vet said give him a couple benedryl tabs {used to knock him out} and a couple coated aspirin {I was told to stay away from buffered, not sure what the diff is?}, he would sleep for a while, we would keep his food and water by him and let him walk as little as possible for a few days and he would be fine....

It was essentially giving him rest since he didn't speak english and I don't know german we couldn't just tell him to rest... But if when we walked him or I went hunting I let him run every once and a while, he would be fine, I honestly think it was he needed to stretch his muscles out...

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Niki's back leg has been bothering her since I picked her up on Friday after I got back to Tucson. We went for a ride this afternoon, and an hour after getting home, she won't climb out. So, I'm sitting here with her.
How's the little girl tonight?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...and a couple coated aspirin {I was told to stay away from buffered, not sure what the diff is?}...
Interesting. Everything that I've read over the years says the exact opposite. I didn't read this article until tonight, but it sums up the differences. In short, buffered aspirin contains an antacid, while coated aspirin is intended to pass through the stomach and then dissolve in the intestine.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know, maybe it has to do with the breed, I have weimaraners and they are known for sensitive stomachs, I was always told 1 coated aspirin cut in half, with a calcium tablet at the same time, and it always worked very well... I will ask next time we are at the vet, I am now curious.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know, maybe it has to do with the breed, I have weimaraners and they are known for sensitive stomachs, I was always told 1 coated aspirin cut in half, with a calcium tablet at the same time, and it always worked very well... I will ask next time we are at the vet, I am now curious.
Calcium carbonate is a base and is what is used in buffered aspirin to reduce the acidity, so depending on what was in those calcium tablets, you may have essentially been doing the same thing. Cutting a coated aspirin exposes the aspirin and, while not completely defeating the coating, it does bypass it over the exposed section. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Calcium carbonate is a base and is what is used in buffered aspirin to reduce the acidity, so depending on what was in those calcium tablets, you may have essentially been doing the same thing. Cutting a coated aspirin exposes the aspirin and, while not completely defeating the coating, it does bypass it over the exposed section. :)
Well hopefully she's feeling better.

My own little guy is going back to the vet today. Initially his breathing was better after he got his new meds, but it seems like it's starting to get worse again and he's coughing more. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and they change his medication instead of adding more. He already hates taking 5 pills, some twice a day, now. I can't imagine trying to get him to take more. Well, fingers crossed anyways. My Mom took him in so I'm waiting to hear back about how he's doing.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Well hopefully she's feeling better.

My own little guy is going back to the vet today. Initially his breathing was better after he got his new meds, but it seems like it's starting to get worse again and he's coughing more. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and they change his medication instead of adding more. He already hates taking 5 pills, some twice a day, now. I can't imagine trying to get him to take more. Well, fingers crossed anyways. My Mom took him in so I'm waiting to hear back about how he's doing.
I think its been a bad winter for our beloved pooches as well as us, My girl is not feeling so well either.I know what ails her though, it is her ears, if she misses her swimming in the ocean for any period of time the ears get all jammed up which causes breathing issues, almost like doggy sleep apnea , I have to flush the ears every morning.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I think its been a bad winter for our beloved pooches as well as us, My girl is not feeling so well either.I know what ails her though, it is her ears, if she misses her swimming in the ocean for any period of time the ears get all jammed up which causes breathing issues, almost like doggy sleep apnea , I have to flush the ears every morning.

Beautiful looking dog sawz. Too bad about her ears, but at least it gives you an excuse to get her into the water as often as possible :D

I feel like my dog asks me this all the time

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Been a bad winter for dogs up here as well, coldest winter in over 60 years, so we haven't been spending much time outside. Hopefully we'll get a break soon as she's getting a bit of "cabin fever". On the positive side, she turned 2 years old yesterday and really liked the extra treats. :)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
We look forward to this again, soon. Right after the Noreaster heading towards us as I type this :(.

Yep more snow coming, maybe up to 10 inches for the Delaware Valley area 3 to 5 for the Jersey Shore,
E N O U G H already Thank You.

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

I don't know about you guy's , but I for one look forward to the Summer Months ahead.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
On a lighter note...beer flavored jelly beans

Yahoo!

And now, Jelly Belly, the risk-taking creator of such jelly bean flavors as Buttered Popcorn, Tabasco and Moldy Cheese are taking a spin at infusing the flavor of beer into a jelly bean. They call their creation “Draft Beer.”

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki seems to be feeling a lot better. She isn't having trouble (that I see) standing up and doesn't seem like she's limping. Woohoo! Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

On a different note, I cut my hair tonight and am doing some laundry. I better tone it down before someone calls the cops.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, woke up this morning to a 50 degree house. Apparently ran out of gas last night so there's no heat. FML.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, woke up this morning to a 50 degree house. Apparently ran out of gas last night so there's no heat. FML.
Yikes, that's chilly. Have you fired up your propane heater, yet? I hope that you can get some gas delivered very soon.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
That sux, electric space heater for the kitchen sink area until gas delivery?? Is there naturl gas in your area , maybe its time for a conversion so this never happens. I depended on oil heat for a long time but the day they ran gas lines down our street was the day I ordered my new high efficiency gas heater, I never wanted to depend on a delivery again.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Yikes, that's chilly. Have you fired up your propane heater, yet? I hope that you can get some gas delivered very soon.
Hows your baby girl this morning, I hope she is A-OK and no other problems, I just finished working on my pups ears and for some reason this morning she was fighting and just hated the whole ordeal, done now though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis