Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

majorloser

majorloser

After getting a condenser mic last month and then realizing that it needs phantom power, I finally got a phantom power source and tried it out this morning. Me likey.
What are you using for your phantom power source?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got my beer tusk in the mail (saw it this morning). I knew it was made out of aluminum, but my brain was expecting the weight of stainless steel. For a carry-around item, aluminum is better...for the coolness factor, I like steel.

Fuzz, did you get yours, yet? I might have gotten mine faster because (a) I was part of the first 500, and (b) I live in the same town as the sellers. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That kinda sucks...
No kidding. It's ridiculous that I have to occasionally spend money to use all of the free stuff that I get. :mad: :D Nah, it was my bad. I'm sure that they'd let me off the hook if I wrote to them, but I don't want the mic to go to waste. It was about $50 total to use it (including the cables and stand). So, yeah, the Yeti was overall a much better deal for my limited use of doing Amazon review voice overs - but this mic wasn't intended for that (I don't think). It's a studio mic...I just don't happen to be in that field.

Have you tried changing the settings on the Yeti to see if that helped?
I set the gain and polar pattern, but that's all that I know about. I have yet to try this new mic without the pop filter, which is something that I've considered getting for the Yeti. Perhaps the filter is what made me sound so smooth. :)

Hmm, do you gargle in the morning to get it silky smooth? :p
This was my pre-get-ready voice. Apparently, the longer I'm awake, the more I sound like a girl.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
That thing looks fun, but I haven't drank beer from a can in a long time.... It does look like a cool bottle opener though, although I don't think anything can get me away from my Kebo, and the Kebo comes in stainless steel or aluminum, and the kebo has a magnet that catches the cap, and the kebo doesn't bend the cap in case you want to reseal... yah kebo for me...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This is the one that I use. Love it. The Kebo looks cool, though - I'd never seen that before.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The Kebo Bottle Opener - NYIGF August 2012 - YouTube I love it, they are like $10 in aluminum and $20 in ss, They have 2 negative reviews on amazon I just noticed, for tapping the bottle and causing foam when you open it, but that has never happened to me and I have used it so many times I couldnt count, I have two of them one in my bar and one on a key chain, one aluminum and one ss, no issues ever.... The negatives are probably from gropener, lol, the grab opener, which one of my employees has and it also work, but you need to really have strong hands, my wife could never use that one, the kebo has more leverage, and if the bottle tap is an issue for you you can put hte little gel sticker on it and it will open softer...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
This is exactly why this is the greatest forum going,
Ok, like sawz says, this is a great forum. From all the help with things like CO detectors to all the 'good luck with the interview' and everything in between, this is more than just an audio forum.
I had a pm from someone that offered to help me with my interview skills. I just don't even know what to say... I thought it was a great, sincere offer that I very much appreciate.
It shows what a great bunch of people we have here.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Wear long pants. :D

Best of luck. I hope you like the new job. Will you be able to post from work?
Wear long pants? But I manscaped!

Thanks! No, I won't be able to post from work.

Best of luck, man!

Why would I like to work for Acme? Outside of liking to eat, it's because they make the coolest stuff...even though Wile never could use it right. :)
Thanks! HaHa.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I got my beer tusk in the mail (saw it this morning). I knew it was made out of aluminum, but my brain was expecting the weight of stainless steel. For a carry-around item, aluminum is better...for the coolness factor, I like steel.

Fuzz, did you get yours, yet? I might have gotten mine faster because (a) I was part of the first 500, and (b) I live in the same town as the sellers. :)
Yea I wasn't part of the first 500 so I haven't gotten mine yet. Good to hear they're shipping though so I can expect one in the not too distant future.

I can't wait for the other two kickstarter projects I backed to start shipping as well. Kickstarter is a wonderful place that is like cocaine to a compulsive person like myself.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Still in my PJ's, just finished watching Riddick at IMAX volumes, while my tiny dog naps against my leg. Pretty good day so far.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
About an hour ago, fire trucks (including the medical truck) showed up at a house nearby where a nice woman lives and wheeled in a gurney. They're like the local ambulances in this neighborhood because they are a block away, so I didn't think too much about it. Then the police showed up. Three of them. That's never a good sign around here. That has always meant that someone has died. :( The fire trucks are gone, but there's still a police officer walking around talking on a phone, looking like he's waiting around. I'm assuming that he's waiting for the coroner.

There is a vehicle parked around the corner from her house (not from this neighborhood), so maybe someone was visiting. She's a hospice worker, so perhaps it wasn't her.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully all is well, I don't miss the action in my old neighbor hood, firetrucks and ambulances make my dogs go crazy...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
So apparently I really don't like coffee. Sorry Founders I just couldn't get past the coffee in the breakfast stout. I guess I'm doing a blonde tonight.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis