Time to buy a gun ... again

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I knew a dude who had a shotgun that cost more than the car he drove to go hunting with it lol.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
$20k speakers... $60k shotguns... where will it all end?!? :eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I knew a dude who had a shotgun that cost more than the car he drove to go hunting with it lol.
That's real common in the bicycle world. I see a million people that have bikes that are way more expensive than what they tow them on.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's real common in the bicycle world. I see a million people that have bikes that are way more expensive than what they tow them on.
That's normal around here too. Pretty sure I posted this one before, but it is funny:

Last edited by a moderator:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, I bought 1911 trigger assemblies for 5 times that!!!! I think the cheapest 1911 you can buy is around $500-600, and I don't own any of them...
Yeah, Rock Island Amory and Auto Ordnance have 1911s for $450~$500.

I would of course rather get a $2000 pistol for $100 :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That looks pretty nice!

9mm 1911s are cool. I'd like to compare it to the EMP.

Speaking of the EMP, I forgot to say that Springfield also has a cheap 1911 - the GI model can be had for around $500 as well :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I looked at the EMP last week and one of the sales guys said they have problems feeding some JHPs. I noticed it had a pretty steep ramp so that might be why, but a little fine polishing might fix that. I really like the trigger and size though, which is why I like this Para. My full size Para SSP is pretty enjoyable.

The GI gets pretty good reviews for the price. I considered it a good "starting point" :) But my SSP had a good percentage of things I would have added standard.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I don't like the para, you want a nice carry 1911, get this one, and get it in 45 acp still holds 7

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not looking for .45 in this size. Shot the Ultra Carry CDP-II and it snaps pretty hard with defensive ammo and I would need to change the grips because I didn't like the fit in my hand. Fan of SIG, but not easy to find to try out around here because of price. I got lucky that a friend owns the CDP-II. The Para isn't even out yet...and may not even be California legal.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Not looking for .45 in this size. Shot the Ultra Carry CDP-II and it snaps pretty hard with defensive ammo and I would need to change the grips because I didn't like the fit in my hand. Fan of SIG, but not easy to find to try out around here because of price. I got lucky that a friend owns the CDP-II. The Para isn't even out yet...and may not even be California legal.
A am not a para fan, I have shot the p10/14 and can not stand the trigger...
I think the 9mm is snappier than the 45, I have 9mm 1911'x and they don't shoot as well as the 45's, I have a wilson combat compact custom carry {officer grip 4" brl} and it is a great feeling carry gun, although I only carry small stuff p3at, p290 is the largest I will carry..

If you can get your hands on a sig compact 1911 45 to try you will be impressed, I love sig 1911's very nice stuff..

Here is my favorite carry, {I would put it rite with my wilson custom which was over $5K} I used to own 2 but my brother bothered me until I sold him one because they were so hard to find... http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-eco/ easily performs with guns 4 times its price...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My trigger was replaced on my Para. About 3-3.5lbs :D

Dan Wesson = the MAN :) I like that one and not too much more as well and hadn't seen it before...Will have to check to see if the shops around here can get one. That is next on my list though which is why I am looking now; still waiting on the CT9 at the moment and that is a few weeks yet.

Just dropped by the shop a few minutes ago looking for something else and one of my friends who works there had a new light mounted on his 870 that is exactly what I am looking for. Same foregrip that I just put on mine with parts pulled from one of his ARs. Going to do the same. Kind of bad to work like 1 block from the range.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
J. You will love that Dw for sure, my brother only carries that gun, he is very good with it, I don't carry mine but I have shot it a little and like it lot... Once you get used To shooting 45 acp you will never carry a 9mm lol. Although everyone says I like it so much because I have huge mits, but the 1911 is very slim, it's a very flat gun... For me it is the muscle memory, the performance, and reliability I just love 1911's...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That's normal around here too. Pretty sure I posted this one before, but it is funny:

I have never seen that one and it's the funniest thing I have ever seen and oh so true.

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
J. You will love that Dw for sure, my brother only carries that gun, he is very good with it, I don't carry mine but I have shot it a little and like it lot... Once you get used To shooting 45 acp you will never carry a 9mm lol. Although everyone says I like it so much because I have huge mits, but the 1911 is very slim, it's a very flat gun... For me it is the muscle memory, the performance, and reliability I just love 1911's...
Oh, there's no question I love 1911s and .45ACP, but I don't feel I'll need that for carry. I want to stop or put down a thread not split them in half, if I don't have to at least :D I want one with the 1911 style layout for exactly that reason too: muscle memory.

I have never seen that one and it's the funniest thing I have ever seen and oh so true.

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!
LOL, I think it was in the youtube thread but really should have been in the bike2 thread.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Freaking Kalifornia. I told the woman the other day: "I never thought it would come to this, but we won't be retiring in California." With certain pistols dropping off the DOJ "CA approved" roster left and right, I am in a decision spot. I wasn't planning on picking up a new M&P .45, but they drop off the roster on Friday. The shop has the last one on sale at cost because they'd rather sell it than send it back to S&W. I'd like to pick it up, but I would rather put that toward the Dan Wesson instead... The Dan Wesson can be ordered anytime though and I don't really need it...and it costs over 2X the price. I don't need the M&P either, but not being able to get it means prices will go up for them (available via PPT only) and they will be very difficult to get.

The whole thing is over Microstamping. Smith & Wesson and Ruger have said they will no longer sell pistols in California due to this new (pointless) requirement.

Smith & Wesson to halt California sales over microstamping

I know the NRA is challenging the law in court, however my buddy at the shop said even if it gets reversed, most likely all the pistols that drop off will have to be recertified under current CA law, and many of them don't comply with that either :mad:, so it will continue to be an issue.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Freaking Kalifornia. I told the woman the other day: "I never thought it would come to this, but we won't be retiring in California." With certain pistols dropping off the DOJ "CA approved" roster left and right, I am in a decision spot. I wasn't planning on picking up a new M&P .45, but they drop off the roster on Friday. The shop has the last one on sale at cost because they'd rather sell it than send it back to S&W. I'd like to pick it up, but I would rather put that toward the Dan Wesson instead... The Dan Wesson can be ordered anytime though and I don't really need it...and it costs over 2X the price. I don't need the M&P either, but not being able to get it means prices will go up for them (available via PPT only) and they will be very difficult to get.

The whole thing is over Microstamping. Smith & Wesson and Ruger have said they will no longer sell pistols in California due to this new (pointless) requirement.

Smith & Wesson to halt California sales over microstamping

I know the NRA is challenging the law in court, however my buddy at the shop said even if it gets reversed, most likely all the pistols that drop off will have to be recertified under current CA law, and many of them don't comply with that either :mad:, so it will continue to be an issue.
What a PITA! Move to TX.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I hadn't checked the DOJ roster on the Dan Wesson but I was just at the shop and they said there are only two Dan Wessons approved for CA and that one isn't one of them :mad: They had the other two in stock though.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Which dw's did they have, did you get to feel them a little..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Commander Classic SST bob tail carry .45 and it was VERY nice. Smooth slide, nice fit and finish. $1600 though. Nice enough that I'll consider it and it is "safe" on the roster until 2015 for now.

They also had this :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis