Time to buy a gun ... again

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I also have a Moss500 :) But I prefer the 870.
Yup. I'm guessing that the Moss500 is probably about the 2nd most selling of all time behind the 870.

In general, I think I have seen more of the Moss than the 870 in the wild.

itschris

itschris

I've sort of got the shotgun bug lately. I've never had one. I applied for a Class 3 Stamp for a heavily modified Benelli M4. Like with my AR SBR's, it'll probably take 8-10 months to get the stamp back, but it'll be worth I guess.

After carrying my XD for some time now, I've decided I just want to go back to the 1911 for carry. I have a line on a Colt Wiley Clapp for a good price. It's a good base to start with I think. I'm going to send it out for some mods and fitting, but I think all in, I can get out for about $2K or so which is less than most semi-custom 1911's that aren't really what I want.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
If you are interested in spending $2000 on a 1911 I would look into dan wesson, you will not do better for the money, and if you buy the rite one you will not need to change a thing...
CZ-USA -> Dan Wesson products
I own 26 1911's including wilson, les baer, and even a christianson ti model, but the sigs and dan wessons are the best value, more so on the dan wesson though with your budget...
for ccw the dan wesson guardian is around $1500 and a heck of a pistol...

For shotguns the a400's are my favorite..

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Imcloud, if you ever feel like selling a gun or two from that massive collection for cheap, be sure to post them here first :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If I was going to spend in the 2k range, I would get new wheels for one of my bikes...better BANG for your buck......

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hogue overmold grip for the Kahr.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So DOJ came back and said the CT9 requires a "bullet button" type of mag release to be legal in Kalifornia :mad: So it is paid for, being held for me, but they cannot legally turn it over to me until a kit is released to convert it to a mag release that requires a tool to drop. The only good part is that the shop I bought it from has a gunsmith already working something up and they said potentially only a few weeks delay; though at additional cost to make it compliant. Other option is to go with something else...so I am at sort of an impasse with it. I still want this one, but if it has to have a bullet button like any other AR, then one of the advantages goes away.

Added Magpul MOE foregrip to the 870 (Xmas present from the son) Liking it so far.

Next may be a Laserlyte Center Mass.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
that laser is sick, I can picture the turkeys chasing it around like my dogs do... I always thought a reticle projection would be awesome for shooting from the hip, lol...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The green one is a bit larger as it uses a larger battery, but they also offer a much smaller and less expensive red one. The green one I found in a local shop for $269 and online for about $200 and the red is just under $100. The red one requires just 1" of rail space so it fits on pistols, aka pretty much anything :) They also offer remote switches for both I believe, so can be put on an AR platform (they've had single dot for years for the AR).

that laser is sick, I can picture the turkeys chasing it around like my dogs do... I always thought a reticle projection would be awesome for shooting from the hip, lol...
LOL. When I get out my pistols, the dog gets "set" because she knows one has the CT laser grip and she thinks it is HER toy.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
LOL. When I get out my pistols, the dog gets "set" because she knows one has the CT laser grip and she thinks it is HER toy.
When I open my gun safe my male weimaraner goes and gets his harness {we keep all the leases and harnesses in a wicker basket by their crates, he actually digs out the harness, makes a mess doing it but gets the rite one everytime} he thinks we are going hunting... People say "hes so smart" and I say "if he was that smart he would know hunting season is over and wouldn't need the harness at all"....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
When I open my gun safe my male weimaraner goes and gets his harness {we keep all the leases and harnesses in a wicker basket by their crates, he actually digs out the harness, makes a mess doing it but gets the rite one everytime} he thinks we are going hunting... People say "hes so smart" and I say "if he was that smart he would know hunting season is over and wouldn't need the harness at all"....
That's good stuff....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, and the little lady picked up her Glock 26 over the weekend too :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So I talked to the shop and they have a well known CA Bullet Button manufacturer doing development using my actual rifle. They told me a few weeks and they should have it available for me.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, I have a friend that has over 20 side by side shotguns, one was bought at auction for over $60K and I don't think any are worth less than $5K, wonderful collection..

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, I bought 1911 trigger assemblies for 5 times that!!!! I think the cheapest 1911 you can buy is around $500-600, and I don't own any of them...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis