Welcome to the Jungle

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I got j_arcia's Oppo 83SE !!!

My favorite is when guys get in on the classifieds without the requisite number of posts under their belts and start with an asking price above market value. Here's how it works: We're a relatively small community of audio enthusiasts that have 'virtually' and sometimes 'actually' known each other for a few years. We buy stuff from each other sometimes ... well, in my case it's a lot of times.

Anyway, John packed it like he meant it (Adam, please :D).

Not too long ago I bought some component video cable from Hawaii (no sh!t) because ... well, I didn't really know why at the time but I did. It was filled with poisonous venom so I put it in a vise to squeeze the oil out.

Just to be safe I flipped it and squeezed it again. I'm really glad I did this because a few more drops did come out. These cables are prized for their skin and once that cures the skin effect will will help the analog electrons adjust to not being in their digital domain for their long journey to the receiver of the electrons.

That's all I got so far. :)

Edit: well, I went and got a bit more: Notice that John put the little booties on the HDMI cable.

Here's the rack as it sits now:

While I was at it I thought I'd take a minute to show one of the shelves I added to that wall.

Oh yeah, the reason I showed the cable is because I'm going to need it to handle an aditional 2 channels of analog audio. Right now I'm getting 6 channels out of the Denon 1920. I'll probably use the fancy new one for front left, center and right.

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Nice!
That is a great deal, enjoy it.

Obviously Cheryl is working or at the store.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
All hooked up:

In the rack:

Slowly backing away:

Not bad, it should be up to GN standards once I get the wire management thing happening. Another thing, I don't think John ever opened the manual ... I'm so jealous of that. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great. First, update the date on your camera you lazy f*&$ :p :D Secondly, how's that center treating you?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I saw that this morning, too, but didn't want to be the first person to mention it. You know that he's going to be asking you how to do it, right? :D
Asian technical support lines are open 24/7/55 :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That number would indicate that I'm busy with education stuff the other 310 days a year :D
I didn't know if you were going for days or weeks. I went with weeks. After all, 24/7/365 doesn't really follow the right flow. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't know if you were going for days or weeks. I went with weeks. After all, 24/7/365 doesn't really follow the right flow. :)
I've only ever heard it 24/7/365. Maybe I've been mislead all these years.......:eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks great. First, update the date on your camera you lazy f*&$ :p :D Secondly, how's that center treating you?
I saw that too and could not pass up the opportunity to procrastinate. That whole front stage is mint.

I saw that this morning, too, but didn't want to be the first person to mention it. You know that he's going to be asking you how to do it, right? :D
Well done. I laughed my a$$ of on that one.

The girl came home and I was about half way through the DVE calibration when I found a couple of loose wires in the analog outs. That put a stop to the calibration seeing as how there was no output on a couple of channels. She commandeered the TV and I'm stuck at the half way point. I need to figure out how to get the title and chapter of a dvd under control with the Oppo remote in order to work that disc better but I was almost there. I can't wait to hear Barenboim doing Beethoven's 9th with the Oppo ... and the Salks.

Amazingly enough I seem to have worked past the death grip Monster Cable is so famous for. The cables are apt to come off when moving gear around.

Last edited:
walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Alex, you've come a long way. A lot of new stuff. Not like me, still stuck in the 90's.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex, you've come a long way. A lot of new stuff. Not like me, still stuck in the 90's.
You're singing the blues to the wrong guy. I know what you have. Let me know when you get tired of it. :)

When you get the new speakers you need to go into the B&K to reset it to factory settings or at least undo the adjustments made with the parametric equalizer. The adjustments were small and would probably be inaudible with normal music play back but you want those speakers to stand on their own.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, I forgot to do it before I packed it up, but you may want to do a factory reset and clear the memory on the SE. It is all setup with my settings still :( It should have the latest firmware on it though.

I told you the chick at FedEx actually opened it up and added MORE packing when I insured it for that much.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
You're singing the blues to the wrong guy. I know what you have. Let me know when you get tired of it.
:)

I just about gave my old speakers away. The center I sold for $300.00, downfiring sub for $200.00 and the 1000 watt sub for $500.00 all to the same guy. He said he is going to confession because he felt like he stole them speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis