Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've been mulling over whether to buy a turntable for the past 3 months, which also means struggling with price points, my own interest in vinyl, and whether or not I feel that it's something worth investing in. I actually had on in the ol' cart and was one click away from purchasing before I second guessed myself. Who knows what the rest of today will bring.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I went to the grocery store this afternoon to get Niki food (she was out), and I also got her a chicken breast as a treat. So, I cook it up and we sit down to eat (I was going to eat a small amount because it was really too much to give her, but most was for her). We're about half way in, and she backs away and gets the "I'm going to hurl" look on her face. Yep, she threw up. Twice. My girl, who will eat rabbit entrails and rotting dead rabbits without missing a beat, threw up twice while eating the same chicken that I was. She's totally fine, btw, but it makes me wonder about that chicken.

Tonight may not bode well...
Yikes. Hope you both turn out no worse for wear. Personally I'd rather have it come out the basement than the attic. At least I can read a book when sitting on the throne. Hard to do much of anything with yourself neck deep in the throne.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I certainly don't want to work out so I look like that guy :eek:
Well the tattoos don't come with working out...........at least I don't think they do.

What because I'm Asian I have to do Asian workouts??? Then again Bruce Lee was pretty awesome. Then again he did get shot quite a few times.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I split and stacked about a cord of seasoned oak , a bit on sat morn and most of it yesterday before game time. Today I am stiff , and less motivated than the norm, finding it hard to get going. I am surely feeling it.
I went with this tool so that probably explains it-
Shop True Temper 8 lbs Forged Steel Wood Splitter at Lowes.com
A little less than a cord as I am only three feet deep by eight long lol

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I love splitting wood, I use a bungee cord and fiskers super splitter, {best splitting axe I ever used...} wrap the bungee around the log and split in half in half in half all the pieces stay standing, then just kick it over, and start again... I still have my axe but haven't done it in about 2 years since the shoulder surgeries...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's snowing here, and suddenly all trains are delayed. 1/10 inch of snow...and complete chaos

itschris

itschris

I went bike riding yesterday... in my attempt to get back into shape. I went about 6 miles round trip up our bike trail on a short speed run. It's 3 miles uphill with 3 pretty long hills.. that get you both ways. It's actually a challenging ride because the the incline up is enough that you really feel it going the first leg, but not enough to benefit you substantially at all coming back down. The hills along the way are sort of long and steep on the wrong sides to make it any easier. My goal was to average 15mph over the course. I did 9 mph and my legs burned so bad on the last hill back and I was in such low gear going so slow I almost fell over. I'm extremely frustrated because I used to bike 30 or 40 miles and average 17 mph over that distance. Now, I mind as well have a basket and squeeze horn on my handle bars and fenders because I feel like an old lady.

Now as I sit here not paying attention in my meeting... all I can think about is how much my a$$ hurts. It's going to be a long road back to my glory days if I can ever get there.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well that's sad to see, but since they were quiet for so long it seemed inevitable. Got an email this morning from them that Epik Subwoofers is officially done.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I went bike riding yesterday... in my attempt to get back into shape. I went about 6 miles round trip up our bike trail on a short speed run. It's 3 miles uphill with 3 pretty long hills.. that get you both ways. It's actually a challenging ride because the the incline up is enough that you really feel it going the first leg, but not enough to benefit you substantially at all coming back down. The hills along the way are sort of long and steep on the wrong sides to make it any easier. My goal was to average 15mph over the course. I did 9 mph and my legs burned so bad on the last hill back and I was in such low gear going so slow I almost fell over. I'm extremely frustrated because I used to bike 30 or 40 miles and average 17 mph over that distance. Now, I mind as well have a basket and squeeze horn on my handle bars and fenders because I feel like an old lady.

Now as I sit here not paying attention in my meeting... all I can think about is how much my a$$ hurts. It's going to be a long road back to my glory days if I can ever get there.

itschris

itschris

It's snowing here, and suddenly all trains are delayed. 1/10 inch of snow...and complete chaos
Sorda like NASCAR. Somewhere 50 miles away someone heard thunder... let's call the race due to weather.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
That's .254 centimeters for you metric system countries...which I thought Harold was a citizen of.:what:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

itschris

itschris

I've come to the conclusion that I'm totally burned out at work. I spent my time at very important meeting this morning reading about home theater, the new Corvette Z06, and posting here. I extended my lunch to two hours and 3 drinks. It's not even 5 and I'm absolutely intent on leaving before it gets there and I'm already dreading coming in tomorrow.

I just told my wife to book another cruise.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've come to the conclusion that I'm totally burned out at work.
Well, it is almost two weeks into the new year. I'm impressed that you made it this far. :p

Btw, I'm typing this from home because I took the day off. :D

itschris

itschris

Well, it is almost two weeks into the new year. I'm impressed that you made it this far. :p

Btw, I'm typing this from home because I took the day off. :D
My January objectives list... that I set in early December is untouched so far because I've been inundated with new stuff, fires, and general incompetence. I had some time off around the holidays and my group and were all talking about what a pressure cooker the year was and that we were all going to make a concerted effort to level things out and filter more from the staff and try to slow things down a bit. So far... it's been the opposite.

Rant over. I'm leaving and going to go have a nice dinner with the wife.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis